US IAM Mech. labor thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had guy's called back off lay off (Pit). They were on Day light for training last week. :up:

If the 15th Apr was the new date, then the bumps or filling of opening should start this week 20 Apr.

O G

You cant take a furlough if you have the seniority to hold another bid area within the station.

You cant take a furlough if you have the seniority to hold another bid area within the station.

Although your statement is true, its a moot point in JFK and CMH that have only 1 bid area, plus you forgot to mention that you have to be qualified to go to the other bid area within your station.

Some of the interior guys in LAS may not be qualified for GSE bid area, and none are qualified for line maintenance.

You are far removed from the contract at usairways to be telling mechanics what they can and can't do! :down:

:shock: Artical 9 page 45 line 24 - 48. If they did interior work, (seat Shop) 2080 hrs = 1 year. , If they have the time . They could bump HVM. :up:

OG

:shock: Artical 9 page 45 line 24 - 48. If they did interior work, (seat Shop) 2080 hrs = 1 year. , If they have the time . They could bump HVM. :up:

OG

Unfortunately for these guys there is no HVM in JFK,CMH, or LAS.

Although in CLT you can now hold Base Maintenance with a 2001 mechanic hire date!! This is unheard of considering the seniority that was once here.

So either way many are leaving home to stay employed.

Back in the early 90's when the CLT hangar was not quite a year old there were mech's with only a year or two seniority working day shift. Then the UCA hangar, SAN "C" check, and SAN engine shop (Airmotive) closed and the bumping started. A lot of mech's bumped into CLT either commuting or with families in tow having sold the house to start a new life in CLT. I remember talking with a mech working in the hangar day shift, he had just over a year seniority. He was mad because he would be getting bumped to second shift. Turned out after a few weeks of the bumping game it would take a least five years seniority to even hold CLT. Say see ya to that dud! and many others. I also remember I think it was in May or early June we had cake in the break room to celebrate the 1st year anniversary of the hangar-sweet.

Some of the interior guys in LAS may not be qualified for GSE bid area, and none are qualified for line maintenance.
not 100% accurate. There is an interior mech in LAS who has been fixing seats the entire time he's been associated with maintenance, got someone to sign off on some training records, went to a crash course and bought his a&p approx. 2 months ago. Now he has bumped a working a&p to phx, where, do to the contract has to work GSE. This seems wrong on multiple levels to me. what are your thoughts?

not 100% accurate. There is an interior mech in LAS who has been fixing seats the entire time he's been associated with maintenance, got someone to sign off on some training records, went to a crash course and bought his a&p approx. 2 months ago. Now he has bumped a working a&p to phx, where, do to the contract has to work GSE. This seems wrong on multiple levels to me. what are your thoughts?

If that is true, then yes, seems wrong - but is that the games fault or the player for playing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts