US IAM Mechanic topic 12/3-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is the new IAM mech topic. All MTC labor issues here.
anyone have any word or speculation on the next round of station closings ....or any old maint. rumor at all. this is a quiet board. :blink:

anyone have any word or speculation on the next round of station closings ....or any old maint. rumor at all. this is a quiet board. :blink:
<_< Open your contract book and read the protected stations. If it's not there, and fligts are cut, hold on to your back side. The white binder one.

Per the contract line maintenance stations will include at a minimum BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHL, PHX, LAS, & LAX and at least 7 other stations as determined by the company. We started with about 27 minus PVD, ORF, & RIC. Rumor says 3 more will go soon. I learned of the first 3 station closings by way of somebody bumping. Did the company or union ever make an announcement that said stations will be closing? If so when and where? It happened in the blink of an eye and the next round will probably happen the same way. Most of us work in the dark and are kept there the rest of the day by lack of information. To this very moment I am unaware of any official notice from the company or union that 3 line maintenance stations closed.

Per the contract line maintenance stations will include at a minimum BOS, CLT, DCA, LGA, PHL, PHX, LAS, & LAX and at least 7 other stations as determined by the company. We started with about 27 minus PVD, ORF, & RIC. Rumor says 3 more will go soon. I learned of the first 3 station closings by way of somebody bumping. Did the company or union ever make an announcement that said stations will be closing? If so when and where? It happened in the blink of an eye and the next round will probably happen the same way. Most of us work in the dark and are kept there the rest of the day by lack of information. To this very moment I am unaware of any official notice from the company or union that 3 line maintenance stations closed.

Correct - no acknowledgement from the company, no official announcement - can confirm (if you are lucky) with someone in management....but of course it will all be a rumor til the lock goes on the door.

Anymore bumping going on? Which 3 do you think are next - since I am sure they won't stop with the 3 they cut so far.

...but of course it will all be a rumor til the lock goes on the door.

Anymore bumping going on? Which 3 do you think are next - since I am sure they won't stop with the 3 they cut so far.

Speaking of locks on doors....... did anyone from PIT ever notice that after all these years, until just recently, there was never any locks on the man doors in Line Hanger 3-4? Now there is these big, new, strong, red lockable man doors.

Gee, I wonder which station might be in line to be next. Of course the union and the company both know absolutely nothing.

This all sound so typical America West/ USair. Just ask my brothers from the west what it was like to come to work some years ago, and find the hanger doors locked and your job gone.

But then again, our brothers in TPA weren't treated any better when they did the same things to them either. Or the engine shop final assembly............. and the list goes on and on and on......

'The company reserves the right to manage the company'.....such as it is and has always been, I'll stand by with JFK, CMH, SNA as the next to go. I'm sure the west stations will be after the holidays, wouldn't want to upset the employees at this time of year. BTW, anyone notice what is happening to your seniority #'s ? And whats up with all the letter designators tapped on the end of your #, on the west side? Why wont the IAM address this ?

Question for our mtc brothers/sisters.

anyone know if it's true that the company is NOT going to repair the 757 retractable bins when they

break down. worked east 757 today that had the retractable bins removed. with a metal mounting

over the switch say "deactivated due to EA ######.

anyone know anything about this info is appreciated.

I would guess the number of thru flights and RON acft help in determining where the company decides to keep maintenance. Oh yeah and how the senior lead mechanic combs his hair! But wasn't BTV a US maintenance station long ago because Ed Cologny, former US CEO, lived there? Remember when we had about 30 or so protected stations along with a protected head count, and a protected percentage of the fleet that had to RON at a US staffed maintenance station. WOW! The future wouldn't look so bad if we could only forget how good the past was.

Who do you think does? DUHHHHHHHHHHH....the company reserves the right to manage the company......

Yeah, I know. I get it.

Let me rephrase the question: What metrics (if any) does the company use to do determine what 7 other cities are staffed? Number of RONS? Type of equipment flown through the city? Facilities available?

Yeah, I know. I get it.

Let me rephrase the question: What metrics (if any) does the company use to do determine what 7 other cities are staffed? Number of RONS? Type of equipment flown through the city? Facilities available?

I don't know if this the answer you want, but as soon as we merged with AWA, all former metrics used were thrown out the window, along with any semblance of informed, knowledgeable decisions.

The long time employees of this company have no idea how decisions are made anymore. And so far, all decisions, since our little merger, have turned out to be the wrong ones.

Hi Real Tired--

I was guessing it was a combo of this:

I would guess the number of thru flights and RON acft help in determining where the company decides to keep maintenance. Oh yeah and how the senior lead mechanic combs his hair!

and this:

I don't know if this the answer you want, but as soon as we merged with AWA, all former metrics used were thrown out the window, along with any semblance of informed, knowledgeable decisions.

I don't have a vested interest in this, it's just that the "and 7 other stations" seemed really arbitrary to me.

Thanks for your responses, guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts