US IAM Mechanic topic 12/3-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well…… Here we go again. The week of December 15th, ten days before Christmas, 25 abolishments will be handed out for the PIT maintenance crew. I think it will start with the line and trickle down to heavy, gse and plant maintenance. If you have any more info please post it here.

Merry Christmas

Well…… Here we go again. The week of December 15th, ten days before Christmas, 25 abolishments will be handed out for the PIT maintenance crew. I think it will start with the line and trickle down to heavy, gse and plant maintenance. If you have any more info please post it here.

Merry Christmas
And the company is looking for voluntees for lay-off / retirement. Forms are being passed out in Pitt. Don't see how they will get anybody. Same old offer. Severance only. :down: Oh that right LCC !!

They have started terminating guys for computer entry errors in Phoenix - Wish they had to pay for thier mistakes like we do -

I was wrong. 2 leads and 23 mechanics in PIT received there abolishment paperwork on December 12th.

Merry F*#@ing Christmas.

Yeah, I know. I get it.

Let me rephrase the question: What metrics (if any) does the company use to do determine what 7 other cities are staffed? Number of RONS? Type of equipment flown through the city? Facilities available?

The 7 others is a minimum, and they have never been named on a list. But they are always way above the minimum because someone has to do the checks on the overnighters.

Pay now or pay later!

'The company reserves the right to manage the company'.....such as it is and has always been, I'll stand by with JFK, CMH, SNA as the next to go. I'm sure the west stations will be after the holidays, wouldn't want to upset the employees at this time of year. BTW, anyone notice what is happening to your seniority #'s ? And whats up with all the letter designators tapped on the end of your #, on the west side? Why wont the IAM address this ?

Have you asked your shop steward about the letters at the end of the seniority numbers?

I don't think this is something that requires an IAM bulletin to address, but someone I know called M&E and was told the letters will go away when the new combined system seniority roster comes out any day now.

The intent of the letters was to put employees in seniority order that had the same number until the new roster came out. I would say the letters wll be gone for good in the coming weeks.

I was wrong. 2 leads and 23 mechanics in PIT received there abolishment paperwork on December 12th.

Merry F*#@ing Christmas.

Were the abolishments form the line maintenance dept?

Also, do you know if they are going to create openings for these guys in the base dept?

Were the abolishments form the line maintenance dept?

Also, do you know if they are going to create openings for these guys in the base dept?

14 known openings in HVM. May have some more up for bid. GSE and Plant mtc has openings also. Could loose 12 or so to the street ,or bump else where. :down:

Status
Not open for further replies.