US Pilots Labor Discussion-8/12 to 8/19--NO PERSONAL REMARKS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Again, I guess you completely abandon the "impartial" position. Opinions are fine...but for the record, don't ever imply you are impartial again on these boards. You're not, maybe never were..and that's fine. Man-up and just admit it.

More importantly, I'll hand you an example to chew on. If I get on a web chat every day starting tomorrow and toss out the phrase "hp_fa this" and "hp_fa that" all day long, it begins to appear that I speak for you or on your behalf.

Set your west hat on the table for a second, put your "paralegal" hat on, and see how that looks.

Perfectly understandable to draw a line on "official union positions" in contrast to chatboard bs.

I'd think you'd get this.

I am impartial and if the Pickleball Association does something right or their esteemed counsel does something right I say so.

Is it wrong to oppose tyranny, deceit or wrongfulness wherever one may find it?

As for saying "hp_fa" said this or that, well fine as long as you speak truthfully. I surely try and speak the truth as best as I see it when I discuss the Pickleball Association and it's officers, reps and committee folks. If you, or anyone else, finds me to be in factual error on an issue of fact I will certainly and graciously correct any such error. I have in the past and intend to do so in the future.

While you are thinking about this remember that the fact that I have been far less critical of folks than its esteemed counsel. Unless he admits to being absent the day they taught law in law school I can't cut him the same slack I bestow upon others who were misguided by his eminence because they didn't know better.

Moderator warning:
Personal comment deleted. this is how you get time off. Folks we are dead serious. NO personal comments or attacks. NO calling the union by other names.

I am impartial and if the Pickleball Association does something right or their esteemed counsel does something right I say so.

Is it wrong to oppose tyranny, deceit or wrongfulness wherever one may find it?

As for saying "hp_fa" said this or that, well fine as long as you speak truthfully. I surely try and speak the truth as best as I see it when I discuss the Pickleball Association and it's officers, reps and committee folks. If you, or anyone else, finds me to be in factual error on an issue of fact I will certainly and graciously correct any such error. I have in the past and intend to do so in the future.

While you are thinking about this remember that the fact that I have been far less critical of the Pickleball Association folks than its esteemed counsel. Unless he admits to being absent the day they taught law in law school I can't cut him the same slack I bestow upon others who were misguided by his eminence because they didn't know better.
You've made my point, while ignoring the obvious...again.

Exactly who is the "Pickleball Association" again?

I don't care what you may rant about on a daily basis...I used to read with some interest...but when you gave up the inevitable struggle, so did I. You have a problem with Lee Seham. You are /were a west flight attendant. You have a job at a Phoenix law firm and you're a house-husband...or whatever. (so you've said)

That you derive some personal gratis by thinking you are "well read" here is silly. This is not about you.
You are unwittingly embarrassing yourself. Read my post again...."hatless".

Exactly who is the "Pickleball Association" again?

The fourth paragraph almost makes it seem that USAPA is now about to claim that use of the acronym "USAPA" by anyone other than the officers, representatives and the communications committee of "USAPA" is unlawful because USAPA owns the term USAPA and/or US Airways Pilots Association. (I guess in the future I can refer to the USA Pickleball Association or the US Army Publishing Agency...)

I don't care what you may rant about on a daily basis...I used to read with some interest...but when you gave up the inevitable struggle, so did I.

Then don't bother reading what I write, or better yet use the ignore feature. It's OK with me either way.

I've embarrassed myself before and I am sure that I will do it again. If I did so here, oh well.

As for saying "hp_fa" said this or that, well fine as long as you speak truthfully. I surely try and speak the truth as best as I see it when I discuss the Pickleball Association and it's officers, reps and committee folks.

And do you suggest that is not
happening here on these boards as it relates to the union?
Anybody and everybody is on here clucking about this and that....

Including you.

And me.

They are certainly entitled to "ownership" of their own propaganda....as is anyone else.

Thay are certainly entitled to "ownership" of their own propaganda....as is anyone else.

Now that is an interesting phrase. Was it approved by the BPR in advance or does it cast the Pickleball Association in an unflattering light?

The bottom line on whether you, or anyone here, reads whatever I type is a personal decision. Either way it is OK with me.

If you are suggesting that I shouldn't be commenting on this issue then the solution there is equally easy. Don't discuss union stuff on a very public website. I have said that many times. Also, FWIW, I do not participate in any other website's discussion of pilot stuff because it takes place in a private venue.

Now that is an interesting phrase. Was it approved by the BPR in advance or does it cast the Pickleball Association in an unflattering light?

The bottom line on whether you, or anyone here, reads whatever I type is a personal decision. Either way it is OK with me.

If you are suggesting that I shouldn't be commenting on this issue then the solution there is equally easy. Don't discuss union stuff on a very public website. I have said that many times. Also, FWIW, I do not participate in any other website's discussion of pilot stuff because it takes place in a private venue.
Since we are engaged, I'll respond.

You have completely ignored my comparison to hp_fa data all over websites in which you have no control. You said as long as it was factual. it was OK.

Do you suggest that everything on this site is factual as it relates to the union?

It's not...from either side. If the union says it...thats their position...if I say it, it's not.

I'm hopeful you get that.

As far as "not reading you"...if you posted unbiased facts only, I'd never read you again. But since you purport to be 100% factual and unbiased, I feel compelled to check you.

As it should be.

As far as "not reading you"...if you posted unbiased facts only, I'd never read you again. But since you purport to be 100% factual and unbiased, I feel compelled to check you.

As it should be.

OK, how do you define unbiased?

I asked for your definition and I don't want to get in trouble with the mods for potential personalizing a discussion. However, it would add to the discussion if you gave me your definition of the word. Who knows, I might even agree that under any such definition that I could be considered biased.

I have no personal animus against any pilot on the board. I believe that I am capable of independently evaluating the position of either side as it relates to law, facts and common sense.

Are you suggesting that Judge Wake was biased when he said,

While neither side has refrained from taking dubious legal positions, USAPA has at various stages misstated law, facts, and procedural history, with frequent recourse to the “contradiction or confusion . . . produced by a medley of judicial phrases severed from their environment.â€￾

Being unbiased doesn't require me to forget the past positions taken by various parties. It does require me to evaluate them based on what is being discussed and in the light that they are being discussed. As I have said, if the Pickleball Association or any of its BPR members says something that is worthy of praise I will say that and give credit where credit is due.

Your turn.

I asked for your definition and I don't want to get in trouble with the mods for potential personalizing a discussion. However, it would add to the discussion if you gave me your definition of the word. Who knows, I might even agree that under any such definition that I could be considered biased.

I have no personal animus against any pilot on the board. I believe that I am capable of independently evaluating the position of either side as it relates to law, facts and common sense.

Are you suggesting that Judge Wake was biased when he said,

Being unbiased doesn't require me to forget the past positions taken by various parties. It does require me to evaluate them based on what is being discussed and in the light that they are being discussed. As I have said, if the Pickleball Association or any of its BPR members says something that is worthy of praise I will say that and give credit where credit is due.

Your turn.
I suppose you think you will out-litigate me now.

Lets start with a definition of "the pickleball association" (your words)

Further, tell me exactly how "my" definition of the word affects your "case"

I suppose you think you will out-litigate me now.

Lets start with a definition of "the pickleball association" (your words)

Further, tell me exactly how "my" definition of the word affects your "case"

1. Google "USAPA"

2. Because you are the one inferring I am biased. I believe myself to be unbiased but your definition may differ and I am trying to understand your inference within your frame of understanding. (Frankly I think I am trying to be really fair.)

1. (Frankly I think I am trying to be really fair.)

Which class was that angle taught in.

When you stop "wiggling" the issue, we'll talk.

And I would think a "brilliant paralegal" would know the difference between a sport and a union of airline pilots.

Which class was that angle taught in.

When you stop "wiggling" the issue, we'll talk.

Ummm...whatever.

I tried to engage you in a discussion that you seemed to want to have and you won't even give me your definition of biased. I am not going to debate myself.

hp_fa,

It's really simple. For the true believers (of varying degrees on both sides) "unbiased" is anything they agree with and "biased" is anything they don't agree with.

Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back