US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well,

this Leonidas October handout is interesting......and expensive..... to say the least. Im curious...........how did you get my home address?

Do they have phone books where you live?

I just got my brochure a few minutes ago when I got home. What a great greeting after a long day at the office.

My name and address is not in any phone book. I thought it must be an old list from the ALPA days, but I didn't live here then. Current west reps maybe?

Typical east behavior.You guys get information. But instead of learning from it you all instead worry about how it got to you. You guys can not avoid the truth your whole lives.

On here and other sites all I see is complaints that you are trying to be education. But no one has refuted the information.

What will we see from usapa? Some spin campaign telling you all don't look behind the curtain. That the information must be false because it is not what your leaders have been telling you and it sure does not comply with what the crew room rumors say.

Read and understand people. The truth will set you free.

Reactions: 6 people
Typical east behavior.You guys get information. But instead of learning from it you all instead worry about how it got to you. You guys can not avoid the truth your whole lives.

On here and other sites all I see is complaints that you are trying to be education. But no one has refuted the information.

What will we see from usapa? Some spin campaign telling you all don't look behind the curtain. That the information must be false because it is not what your leaders have been telling you and it sure does not comply with what the crew room rumors say.

Typical west behavior, run their mouth about things not said. I don't see a single post pro or con about what was in the mailing, just someone wondering how they got their address and how much it must have cost. Those were my thoughts as it is very professionally done, I've never had any mailing from AOL before, and I always wonder how my address makes it on the many things that appear in my mailbox.

I haven't read it yet. I thought I would wait until I wasn't tired and really try to see what they were saying before making a judgment about it. I guess I don't need to, I just need to realize that it contains the whole truth and nothing but the truth and let AOL lead me to the promised land.

Reactions: 3 people

No kidding. USAPA extorts money from the West, refuses to let the reps communicate with their pilots free of censorship, they control every scrap of info, what they do release is filled with half truths, misdirection and our right lies, and they refuse to implement a message board where the free flowing of ideas and opinion can be expressed. IOW, they're a fascist dictatorship.

One single mailing that wasn't first sanitized and authorized from the dear leader and these guys have a hissy fit. What's wrong? Don't like the truth hitting you on your doorstep? Afraid the Wife might read it and find out what a waste of time, MONEY, and effort this whole thing has been?

They got your address the same way JC Penny, and the hundreds of thousands of other retailers did. It's readily available.

Also, it probably was expensive...and yet they did it. Does that indicate any financial turmoil? No. AOL has plenty of cash to take the fight wherever they need to.

UAL Mec Chmn message:

Also, a member of the CAL-MEC issued an ultimatum – never the best approach to doing business -- to the United MEC that if there was no agreement that included pay banding suitable to the CAL-MEC, the CAL-MEC was content to wait for years without a JCBA until the United MEC relented

No kidding. USAPA extorts money from the West, refuses to let the reps communicate with their pilots free of censorship, they control every scrap of info, what they do release is filled with half truths, misdirection and our right lies, and they refuse to implement a message board where the free flowing of ideas and opinion can be expressed. IOW, they're a fascist dictatorship.

One single mailing that wasn't first sanitized and authorized from the dear leader and these guys have a hissy fit. What's wrong? Don't like the truth hitting you on your doorstep? Afraid the Wife might read it and find out what a waste of time, MONEY, and effort this whole thing has been?

They got your address the same way JC Penny, and the hundreds of thousands of other retailers did. It's readily available.

Also, it probably was expensive...and yet they did it. Does that indicate any financial turmoil? No. AOL has plenty of cash to take the fight wherever they need to.

????????????????? What hissy fit? As I said, and you have completely ignored, there is no hissy fit. This board is the first I heard about the mailing until I got it in the mail. I didn't hear anything about it at work. Nobody burning them in the crew rooms, nobody picketing and nobody saying AOL got it right...........nothing. I really didn't spend any time in the crew room, but here was no smoke or noise coming from the door!

You west guys just flat out make things up. Has it been too quiet on here and you feel the need to stir things up again?

After I've read it I will give you an honest assessment, as best I can being an unethical, ignorant, hillbilly eastie.

Reactions: 2 people
????????????????? What hissy fit? As I said, and you have completely ignored, there is no hissy fit. This board is the first I heard about the mailing until I got it in the mail. I didn't hear anything about it at work. Nobody burning them in the crew rooms, nobody picketing and nobody saying AOL got it right...........nothing. I really didn't spend any time in the crew room, but here was no smoke or noise coming from the door!

You west guys just flat out make things up. Has it been too quiet on here and you feel the need to stir things up again?

After I've read it I will give you an honest assessment, as best I can being an unethical, ignorant, hillbilly eastie.

In fairness, I wasn't referring to you specifically. I had one of your colleagues in mind...he wants to resurrect the RICO suit because he received the pamphlet. He certain it rises to the level of Organized Crime. :lol: :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
????????????????? What hissy fit?

Oh, there is some of that in some parts of the East pilot group. Calls for an investigation, pursuit of invasion of privacy charges, returning the mailing to "them" unopened or conversely keeping it as evidence in any prosecution, USAPA supposedly looking into the source of the address list, charges that the company was the source.

I'm like you - I get plenty of unsolicited mailings but don't waste the time wondering about any "how" or "why". Just consider it the cost of having an address.

Jim

Reactions: 2 people
I'm like you - I get plenty of unsolicited mailings but don't waste the time wondering about any "how" or "why". Just consider it the cost of having an address.

Jim

You know you're right? I will never get those 5 seconds I wasted wondering how AOL got a mailing list of east pilot addresses back.

I'm sure there are some east pilots upset with this mailing, just like there are west pilots that get upset with the mention of USAPA, much less mail from them. It's just telling to me that nobody on here has had a negative reaction to the pamphlet(yet-mine is kind of yeah, but you failed to mention this.........more on that later), yet the westies are screaming that the east won't listen. So, is there a need to transfer form other forums to here?

Reactions: 1 person

I for one look forward to your honest assessment. I have not seen the brochure yet, and think it would be interesting to get your take before I see it and draw my own conclusions.

The hissy fit is in reference to other webboards. There are east posters throwing stuff out there like starting another RICO lawsuit, investigating the West usapa reps etc. etc.. over this mailing.

example:How did those low lifes get every east pilot's address? There will be more on that - count on it.... RICO might just finally have come home to roost.

Thank you very much to the low life AOL folks for making this possible - what a gift!

(Flyunder @ flightinfo.com)

And that one is tame, compared to some of the other stuff this poster put out there.

Another:Well said! Low life westies slithering on there bellies trying to snake our upgrades. God I hope someone from AOL gets RICO filed against them! Total low lifes. The whole profession knows there story and how there the bottom of the barrel. (St. Nic @ flightinfo.com)

The ironic part is, someone from AOL already had RICO charges filed against them, those charges were dismissed with prejudice, and upheld on appeal. usapa opens that can of worms and they will get their heads handed to them, while the defendants take their wallet.

Funny, ALPA told us voting could never set us free.

Status
Not open for further replies.