US Airways Pilots' Labor Discussion 4/2-4/8

Status
Not open for further replies.
The airline does not stay in stasis after the merger.

That's very, very true. That observation further illustrates the complete and utter insanity inherent in ever assigning anyone permanent "seniority", based only and entirely upon some bizarre "snapshot" in time...

That's very, very true. That observation further illustrates the complete and utter insanity inherent in ever assigning anyone permanent "seniority", based only and entirely upon some bizarre "snapshot" in time...

And yet, we ALL knew how it worked and NOBODY protested it. Snapshots, PID, and the like have been around for decades and are used on the vast majority of past mergers. Your hindsight driven indignation rings hollow. One can only assume that the East superiority complex was so deeply coded into their DNA that they all actually believed Nic. would deliver them the careers of all West pilots on a silver platter...to be consumed at will. Why? because clearly you guys are so much more deserving :rolleyes: Even the 1500 who had nothing but years old pink slips to show nicalau.

That didn't happen. If you wanted a West seniority position you should have quit AAA and applied at America West.

"If you wanted a West seniority position you should have quit AAA and applied at America West.
[/quote]

If I'd "wanted" a west position long ago...well..I'd have been the subject of the same sympathy shown throughout my reserve squadron for the poor unfortunate who, only briefly, couldn't get any "real" airline job ..and found himself, only through an act of momentary desperation, at AWA :lol: We had always suspected his interviewing skills......... ;)

"If you wanted a West seniority position you should have quit AAA and applied at America West.

If I'd wanted a west position long ago...well..I'd have been the subject of the same sympathy shown throughout my reserve squadron for the poor unfortunate who, briefly, couldn't get any "real" airline job :lol:

Man, you are an easy target. I mentioned your superiority complex and baited you with the line about applying to AMW.

again, hook, line, and sinker. :lol: :lol: :lol: I love it.

Thanks for proving my point however. The Superiority complex in the average eastie is deeply embedded and is plainly written on your collective foreheads. The truly perplexing thing about it is this: What are you so proud of? Honestly, would any of you actually touch AAA with a 10' pole if you had it to do all over again? I wouldn't.

No Matter, (as you like to say), This will all be over shortly. Yes "shortly". The appeals process isn't going to bear any fruit for the East either.

Honestly, would any of you actually touch AAA with a 10' pole if you had it to do all over again? I wouldn't.

I wouldn't either. It was once an extremely well compensated and properly proud outfit to be part of. However..and very sadly indeed...it's since turned to approximately the same garbage level experience that AWA's ALWAYS been at...except for the people involved, who are wonderful to fly with, and a pleasure to know.

Be honest, if possible here = Was AWA truly your first choice of companies to work for?....Or, was it just the best you could manage to get? The vast majority of my comrades didn't fret much about getting a major airline job, it was merely an issue of whether or not they'd get the one most desired by them.

In truth? I'm of like mind with what Capt Sullenberger presented before Congress, in that I'd NEVER suggest to ANYONE that they'd do well going into the field of commercial aviation at this point in history..at ALL....period.

PS: Should there be any young people, even considering flying..or worse..fully struck with the "Sky Virus", and just MUST go aloft..well..Get yourselves into an actual flight suit, versus any airline costume. Get that flying thing/life experience at it's very best, and then, do something outside to make a living, and buy yourselves "toy" airplanes. The airline BS is just not worth going into anymore...

it's since turned to approximately the same garbage level experience that AWA's ALWAYS been at.

I'm beginning to believe that the Easts hissy fits are really nothing more than bruised Ego. Evidence of that piles up here daily.

I'm beginning to believe that the Easts hissy fits are really nothing more than bruised Ego. Evidence of that piles up here daily.

I see that you've no ready answer for my question = Was AWA truly your first choice in airlines?..Or,....Was it just the best that you could actually get?

PS: No reply?..OK..the silence provides the answer.

So..if I have this right..that was done via a "relative position".."which I've advocated all along"..but actually represented "absurdly ridiculous gains"? "One of us is obviously missing something" :blink:
Apparently reading comprehension isn't a talent you excel at. Read my words again - QUOTE (BoeingBoy @ Apr 5 2009, 11:59 PM) "Like those absurdly ridiculous gains at the expense of the Shuttle pilots that your "principles" haven't prevented you from accepting? Sounds pretty flexible."

You're the one that characterized relative position as giving "absurdly ridiculous gains", not me - see your post that I was replying to. Unlike you I agreed with the relative position in the Shuttle integration and never said that it resulted in "absurdly ridiculous gains" for anyone. So yes, one of us missed something - and that would be you...of course I suspect that you searched for a way to twist my words so you could exercise your barb slinging talent again...why let what someone actually says and the context stand in the way of getting your punches in when you can twist a few words in furtherance of your "talent".

Jim

I see that you've no ready answer for my question = Was AWA truly your first choice in airlines?..Or,....Was it just the best that you could actually get?

It sure wasn't mine, but like most, I wouldn't even consider applying for usair. What does that tell you?

I never said I worked for AWA...

I will answere. AWA was not my first choice, but I did fill out an application and seek employment here.

USAIR, on the other hand, I never bothered with because it offered me nothing I wanted. I will omit the belittling comments of what I thought of it.

Interesting. You first posted: QUOTE (BoeingBoy @ Apr 5 2009, 11:59 PM) "Like those absurdly ridiculous gains at the expense of the Shuttle pilots that your "principles" haven't prevented you from accepting? Sounds pretty flexible."

So..if I have this right..that was done via a "relative position".."which I've advocated all along"..but actually represented "absurdly ridiculous gains"? "One of us is obviously missing something" :blink:

Thanks for articulating what I was trying to coalesce in my thoughts.

Apparently reading comprehension isn't a talent you excel at. Read my words again - QUOTE (BoeingBoy @ Apr 5 2009, 11:59 PM) "Like those absurdly ridiculous gains at the expense of the Shuttle pilots that your "principles" haven't prevented you from accepting? Sounds pretty flexible."

You're the one that characterized relative position as giving "absurdly ridiculous gains", not me - see your post that I was replying to. Unlike you I agreed with the relative position in the Shuttle integration and never said that it resulted in "absurdly ridiculous gains" for anyone. So yes, one of us missed something - and that would be you...of course I suspect that you searched for a way to twist my words so you could exercise your barb slinging talent again...why let what someone actually says and the context stand in the way of getting your punches in when you can twist a few words in furtherance of your "talent".

Jim

Nope. Maybe what you actually wrote was not what you intended. I got straight A's in English from K-16. East and I have no problems in understanding what you SAID. Maybe you need to practice phraseology.

(Preferably offline.)

From the PHL USAPA Update today:
LOA 93 also got some attention. As you may be aware, the Company has removed from the Hub the portions of LOA 93 referring to amendable date and pay freeze ending date. These sections can still be found on the USAPA Web site. In our opinion, the language is very clear. Remember that in any agreement, meaningless language is kept out. In other words, if it says that the pay freezes end on Dec. 31, 2009, that language was put there for a reason. We are eagerly awaiting the Company’s explanation.

Watch what they do, not what they say.

Scott Kirby is on record telling the PHX pilots last month that the chance of the east pilots getting their LOA 84/Re-Structuring pay back on January 1st is "about zero."

That's what he said.

What did he (or his minions) do, however?

They edited that particular language regarding the freeze out of the LOA 93 file posted on the company website. (Like removing it would somehow make it not real.) Do they think USAPA doesn't have a copy? Why would they go to the trouble to remove those few phrases if they don't think it's a significant issue?

As always, actions speak louder than words, Scott. You must be worried.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts