US Pilots labor thread 11/5-

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Airways pilots ask for federal mediation

By: The Associated Press | 13 Nov 2009 | 02:42 PM ET Text Size TEMPE, Ariz. - The pilot union at US Airways Group Inc. is asking for federal mediation in its negotiations with the airline.

Short CNBC Article Here

Just a thinly veiled attempt to sway the 9th that they really aren't as bad as the Addington transcript makes them look.

The issue probably won't even be raised, and if it is the Court will ask how that is relevant to what has already occurred. Remember, the CoA does not hear evidence. They only address what has already occurred in the trial court.

Someone else already alluded to it, but each side only has 15 minutes and that is not 15 minutes to give a speech. Often the parties get no more than 2-3 paragraphs into their presentation when the questions begin, and that time is also counted as part of the allotted time. It is frequest that at the SCOTUS parties don't even get their first paragraph completed before the questions start coming. Trust me, time is short.

US Airways pilots ask for federal mediation

By: The Associated Press | 13 Nov 2009 | 02:42 PM ET Text Size TEMPE, Ariz. - The pilot union at US Airways Group Inc. is asking for federal mediation in its negotiations with the airline.

Short CNBC Article Here

Why would a usapa release have TEMPE Ariz. in the dateline? Did someone talk to the media in Tempe after a negtiations session? I have not been paying attention, how many sections are complete, I thought negotiations pretty much stopped when the appeal was expedited. Also, we just deliberated on PBS vs. Linebidding after the most recent BPR resolution, so I was under the impression that negotiations were very sparsley scheduled.

Gotta love that third paragraph though.

Listen son, they've got professional negotiators. They know what they're doing. And professional lobbyists. And professional Strategic Communications Personnel. And a guy named Rob that oversees 3000 bills during his days off.

They know what they're doing. Just be a good union turkey-eater while they gobble-gobble your dues.

This must explain the east's blind devotion to Cleary:

tryptophan (tripˑ·t·fan),
n an essential amino acid used in the treatment of insomnia, depression, behavioral disorders, stress, and premenstrual syndrome (PMS).

No wonder they gave out all those turkey tickets. :lol:

The first few days after the oral argument will probably be lively here, but once that is fully discussed it probably will simmer down as far as discussion of the legal situation. But the East/West thing is like Hatfields/McCoys. I don't expect that to calm much except for perhaps a Christmas/Hanukkah truce.

Don't count on it. Remember that Judge Wake has reserved a dance with the litigants after they have completed their efforts at the 9th. AOL legal expenses followed by plaintiff damages and then class damages. We also have the C-18 RICO case on the other side of the country...the courtroom fun doesn't end! But the best fireworks may be the "snap-back"; or lack thereof!

I can tell you where all the next fireworks should be: the closing of the LAS base requires a displacement bid but the company has already said it won't do it. Yes, that's an egregious violation of the West CBA yet the company has no fear. The arbitrator will hear the grievance late in 2010. In the meantime, the company saves beaucoup dollars on training costs which helps justify the 35 West furloughs. US Airways has no fear of USAPA because USAPA has no leverage. Gee, I wonder why...

I can tell you where all the next fireworks should be: the closing of the LAS base requires a displacement bid but the company has already said it won't do it. Yes, that's an egregious violation of the West CBA yet the company has no fear. The arbitrator will hear the grievance late in 2010. In the meantime, the company saves beaucoup dollars on training costs which helps justify the 35 West furloughs. US Airways has no fear of USAPA because USAPA has no leverage. Gee, I wonder why...
How can they not have a new bid, they're closing a base, just shows you they do what ever they want, what are they going to do, just plug you in by your current position, thats BS. We have more problems than the union, you may not like them, but all our energy needs to be directed toward mgt. arrogance. Todays culture, thats why I won't help them out......

How can they not have a new bid, they're closing a base, just shows you they do what ever they want, what are they going to do, just plug you in by your current position, thats BS. We have more problems than the union, you may not like them, but all our energy needs to be directed toward mgt. arrogance. Todays culture, thats why I won't help them out......

And why would management be afraid of the association? The BuPR is divided, the general population is divided. Whats to fear?? I think they are having fun watching Cleary and Co. slowly melt down and spend the coffers buying toys and vacations for our personal ambulance chaser Lyle (Lee) Hutz. :up:

US Airways has no fear of USAPA because USAPA has no leverage. Gee, I wonder why...

Gee, I wonder why America West had one of the worst contracts in the industry for decades.

Why, it was even the benchmark for post 911 concessionary contracts for the rest of the industry.

Management 'fear' of the 'wrath of the West' I suppose?

Gee, I wonder why America West had one of the worst contracts in the industry for decades.

Why, it was even the benchmark for post 911 concessionary contracts for the rest of the industry.

Management 'fear' of the 'wrath of the West' I suppose?

Congrats, usapa is more toothless now than the west ever was. Cleary can't even get Parker to speak with him unless the law requires it.

East gets trampled, west gets trampled, and on and on. Usapa is truly that historic new union many of you were talking about, and not in a good way, obviously.

Non sequitur. When I wrote "US Airways has no fear of USAPA because USAPA has no leverage. Gee, I wonder why... " I had people like you in mind.

Okay, but what about the other poster's question-what is the company doing with the pilots, just plugging them into PHX on their current equipment? If so that is unreal considering what they are going to spend on the east rebid.

Okay, but what about the other poster's question-what is the company doing with the pilots, just plugging them into PHX on their current equipment?
Yes, that is what they intend to do.
If so that is unreal considering what they are going to spend on the east rebid.
Don't know what you mean by "unreal". 35 furloughs are at stake. That's real enough for me. (Full disclosure: I'm amongst those 35.) If it matters, I support furlough mitigation on both sides.

Yes, that is what they intend to do.
Don't know what you mean by "unreal". 35 furloughs are at stake. That's real enough for me. (Full disclosure: I'm amongst those 35.) If it matters, I support furlough mitigation on both sides.

I mean unreal as in I can't believe they would do that. On the east they are running several displacement bids. I'm no big fan of those running USAPA, but this is the company's fault, not theirs, and it's not right.

I too am for furlough mitigation. We haven't see eye to eye on some things, but I'm truly sorry for you and the rest of our pilots being furloughed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts