US Pilots labor thread 11/5-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't laugh Hawk! AWA crew meals are the bomb! They change every month. If your are airbus crew, they are hot lunches or dinners.

Here's the deal: The next contract had better have JBLU rates and NO changes for the worse from the AWA contract. Further the SUPERIOR AWA Short Term Disability to boot. Then I would CONSIDER voting for a new contract.

The conpany wanted to simply strike through the crew meals for a new contract with NO trade for the meals. When the company "misses" a crew meal, we can purchase $15 worth of food and be reimbursed. NEVER give away something for nothing.

Hmmmm, that's odd.

We get paid more.

We get cancellation pay.

Crew meals.

The list goes on.

And if you're depending on "good union work", then sit back and relax. Its going to be a while.

Parker won't even give Cleary 5 minutes of his time. But, of course, you guys have him shaking in his boots.

Well, for starters, we got Scope http://unfactualbias.com/wordpress/?m=200909

Not that gun to the head agreements are anything to brag about, but we are actually on our 3rd contract in 11 years. Our first chance at an amendable date, our first time in over a half a decade, occurs at the end of this year. You failed at ridding yourselves of ALPA, and your relationship with Doug and the boys was no better than ours..worse, considering he is your bud.

One thing I really never have understood, is why you did not exercise your small window a few years ago to go into Section 6. Good thing you listened to those ALPA lawyers and did not. But my memory is a little fuzzy on that time. What I think I remember is the ALPA lawyers were so tardy in "getting back to the MEC's" on the issue that it was moot. The deadline had passed. ALPA juggled, dropped the balls, and next thing you know USAPA is on board.

Nic finishes its third year on the shelf this coming May. No matter what the decision at the 9th it will be no closer than the final decision of SCOTUS. So I am glad you are enjoying your crew meals and cancellation pay. All kidding aside, you really do have some better things in your contract, in fact much better short term. But as I have alluded to a few days ago, East Scope will come back to haunt you. Bular indeed made his prediction, I now have first hand confirmation. He may or may not have spoke the truth, but he indeed hinted change is on the way.

RR

USAPA's is so flush with cash they're like a sailor on shore leave. They don't know what to do with all the money after the stamps on the Sec 29 letters are paid for (oh, and that little Seham expense that has become a fixed cost). They buy cars, turkeys and lobbyists (I hope the poor lobbyinst gets a turkey too!). They should be concentrating on building unity, spending wisely (pros in accounting instead of Streble in between trips), and positioning the union to the point where they can make good on their campaign promise of lower dues.

But no, until Cleary and the entire east BPR is sent packing and a new group that understands the value of a dollar and the value of unity, more money will be urinated away.

HOW'S YOUR INVESTMENT IN USAPA WORKING OUT?

Oh my, where to start! Maybe first a little tough love. I spent the better part of 22 years not even participating in my union. Oh believe me, I had the bitching rights and paid my dues, but that was it. The dawn of internet brought me to the ALPA CompuServe forums in the early 90’s, and boy did I do a great job setting everyone straight. That morphed into the ALPA sponsored forums, and again I was on a roll. Point is my rants, inescapable logic, and ideas about how to save the union were worthless. What I realize now is this is entertainment, pure and simple.

Join your union, participate, run for office, and vote. That is what really brings about change. No matter what you think of USAPA, that is exactly what a few thousand pilots finally realized..and here we are.

The turkey money, the moneys to Seham, and the moneys to new lobbyist are only spent with the vote of the BPR, and if you are not a MIGS, you simply have no say. You will send nobody "packing" by posting here. The dues will indeed go down when appropriate. But you simply lie or did not pay attention if you are saying that was a campaign promise. It was a campaign "hope."

Urinate away my friend, heck have a swordfight with your best friend. But you are changing nothing by posting here. Just entertaining me!

RR

. He may or may not have spoke the truth, but he indeed hinted change is on the way.

RR

WOW! Now that's some emphatic, factual information to hang your hat on!!!

In other words...He "hinted" that changes might be coming, (what they are god knows) but the again he may have been lying.

My prediction:

The change is the acceptance of the Nicalau award, (by USAPA...the company accepted years ago) Not only because it's fair and just, but because it's the only legal move left on the table.

Crew meals! Man I will vote yes on any contract to get those. The heck with the Nic.
You make light of something so simple as a crew meal yet your contract has no provision for this small convenience.

What is it your contract has that's better?

But you are changing nothing by posting here. Just entertaining me!
Sounds like you've spent more than a few years in denial and wish folks would stop criticizing your decision to go finance a rusted out hulk of a union that cannot produce promised results.

I'm sorry. You have a lovely union. Absolutely brilliant in fact. Keep up the good "work".

Feel better?

My prediction:

The change is the acceptance of the Nicalau award, (by USAPA...the company accepted years ago) Not only because it's fair and just, but because it's the only legal move left on the table.
I have coke coming out of my nose! Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back