US Pilots Labor Thread 4/7 to 4/14- ALL US Pilots Labor Issues Here

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, the ranks of the america west pilots soared by 500 contributing a dollar each, convinced a judge of their undying support.

Lurkers below;;

Elevation, lynyrdskynyrd, LOA93, ClueByFour, HPearlyretiree, hp_fa, cleardirect

You've fallen awfully far lately, you used to be able to belt out that link to the original rico complaint at will, now all you can muster up is a copy of the lurker list from the bottom of the page. You need to do better, now pick it up!

now all you can muster up is a copy of the lurker list from the bottom of the page. You need to do better, now pick it up!

I'm just lazy. With Firefox I just leave an open tab here and other places and just check them every once in awhile. It saves time and I am not opening and closing browsers as much, so I probably don't have as much computer memory leaking away between starts and stops. Anyway, that's my story and I am sticking to it.

The "lie" is that any airline can merge with USAir and survive with it's route-structure intact once infected with "cool northern efficiency". PSA, Piedmont, now America West. The first merged and "poof" was all gone; the second saw a substantial part of it's network dismantled leaving only CLT, the third has already given up LAS and PHX is shrinking. What do all three airlines have in common? Take a guess.

Ill take a stab at it: INEPT MANAGEMENT

Guess the "Mavericks from the West" (Forbes May 2007) are just like all the rest of their predecessors.........over their head.
Blaming the former employees of U (I do mean former because anyone with any sense blew this Popsicle stand when they had the chance) and a geographic region, THE most profitable geographic region in the US at that, for what has transpired around here the past 3.5 years - is laughable. Those routes subsidized the operation AND the Emperor's new clothes out west. Remember profit sharing checks?

Whats happened wih all that "were going to buy DAL, were going to merge with UAL" all before the US/AWA merger was even consummated?" ? Now DAL/NWA are merged and we still are trying to negotiate a contract. Good management?

More like an ego trip on steroids, and more failed management.

What did all three of these airlines have in common? Arrogance, Egomania, and Inability to adapt .

Unfortunately SWA keeps benefiting from our mistakes because Kellerher "got it" decades ago. He got it by respecting and listening to his line employees and made sure they were happy and in turn they made SWA what is is today .......oh yeah along with one other minor little thing: GOOD PEOPLE IN MANAGEMENT.

"Cost Neutral", "East" vs "West", Seniority before Pay Rates, "RES Migration" Closing PIT, Downsizing LAS/PHX", US AIRWAYS call sign is "Cactus?" "Reconfiguration of Aircraft", "Eliminating IFE", "Charging for Beverages " and "Alienation and total disdain for our VFFs"

How's all this working for US so far?

Sound more like an expert plan on how to destroy an airline as quickly as possible.

I am proud to be a so called "Easthole", "East Infection", "Rusthead" and all the other PITHY and CLEVER names they have for us back EAST. Know why?

This was a GREAT airline to work for and we have....well HAD, some really wonderful people working here. This was bar none the best US airline to go to work for back in the 80's. A great CEO that was pro labor and cared about the employees, we made more money than all the majors combined, the best pay rates, best benefits, the best everything....except the weather in PIT.

Even in the darkest days of bankruptcy after 9-11 we ran a better operation and provided better service than we do now and morale was better.

IN 2009 we are bar none America's "WORST" airline to work for.........

Why? Because we are all being played like fools by some frat boys playing airline in PHX. And worst of all - we are all letting them.

Ask yourself Why?

You can sit there and blame whoever you want - the EAST - the WEST doesn't matter. But when the planes are full and we are still losing money and market share .....that's not a labor, legacy, red-eye or no red-eye issue....That's a management issue and the buck stops at Rio Salado Prkwy.

Allowing them to pad the schedule, to show #1 in network carrier on time performance - awarding themselves millions in bonuses for that fact when (granted not all their fault) US lost 800+ million for the year. The same guys that would eliminate every one of our jobs and outsource the whole operation to MESA and India if they could get away with it and it meant a little $$ for them and lap dance in Vegas.

I was talking to a buddy of mine over at CAL today and he shared a conversation he had with a NWA A330 C/O (one of our US A330 we didn't take delivery of) that was catching a ride home on his jump seat.

My buddy asked him how things were going with the NWA/DAL merger integration and his response was this:

"I am flying AMS on a Monday and getting paid what I have been getting paid for a really long time and happy for that fact and that I can still even hold AMS or the aircraft. The following Monday I am flying the same trip to AMS, but now I am making $70 more an hour, I am 200 numbers lower on the integrated seniority list, but I am still going to be able to hold the same AMS trip, and even fly on the same days, the only thing now is I am getting paid $70 bucks more an hour" I don't like the fact that I moved down on the list but...... I would be happy going back to the right seat or changing equipment for another $70 bucks an hour". NOT ALL FEEL THAT WAY GRANTED.
But kinda summed it up for me what is lacking around here. Do the math.

Now granted the new DAL could implode in twelve months and this could all be a moot. But if I were and betting man, and it a good thing I am not with all the cuts in LAS.... I seriously doubt it.

With all the energy being expended perpetuating "the EAST- WEST feud", pounding away countless messages on this and other message boards, running to court, all the while management are playing us all like fools, had gotten us where exactly? IS IT BENEFITING YOU OR YOUR FAMILY? All this energy needs to be directed in getting rid of the BOD and getting someone competent in here that WANTS to run an airline, rather than operating the airline right into the ground and getting RICH (at our expense) in the process. We all need to take responsibility for our future. Most of us have been around a lot longer than the guys running this place, hell most of the flight attendants have been there longer than they have been alive. As the saying goes: We will probably be here when they are gone too(if there is anything left)." We can always hope.

Someone on here said it best: "Don't listen to what Tempe says - watch what they do"

Wake Up and Think about it.

You've fallen awfully far lately, you used to be able to belt out that link to the original rico complaint at will, now all you can muster up is a copy of the lurker list from the bottom of the page. You need to do better, now pick it up!

Grasp on...on three weeks left.

BTW, 10 guys gave $1. Probably furloughed or facing BK thanks to the infestation of the original us air into what used to be a healthy body.

Anyway, I fired off another grand after reading this. If you're relying on the West to run out of cash you'll be waiting much longer than three weeks.

Hey; I'll be the first to admit. Great airline in the 80's. Since then what you're reading from some on here is selective memory. Just run the numbers. There's a reason the airline went from 6000 to 3500 pilots in 15 years. And I'm not blaming the pilots. Inept management yes, I agree. But let's quit re-writing history.

And the happiest airline employees in the US are Delta 'cause they escaped this mess.

Grasp on...on three weeks left.

BTW, 10 guys gave $1. Probably furloughed or facing BK thanks to the infestation of the original us air into what used to be a healthy body.

Anyway, I fired off another grand after reading this. If you're relying on the West to run out of cash you'll be waiting much longer than three weeks.

Sir, in what means did you "fire off" a grand after reading a post. Did you mail it, charge it? I am convinced that you did "fire off the grand", I am curious on the vehicle you used for the transmission of said funds.

Sir, in what means did you "fire off" a grand after reading a post. Did you mail it, charge it? I am convinced that you did "fire off the grand", I am curious on the vehicle you used for the transmission of said funds.

Uhhh.... Ever hear of the United States Postal Service? They come to your house six days a week. Perhaps you've noticed the odd little car with no doors, and the left hand drive, stop by? Pay Pal takes 3% so most donors use the USPS. Any other deep probing questions?

Uhhh.... Ever hear of the United States Postal Service? They come to your house six days a week. Perhaps you've noticed the odd little car with no doors, and the left hand drive, stop by? Pay Pal takes 3% so most donors use the USPS. Any other deep probing questions?

You win I believe you fired off a grand, uncle.

This postal service thing does confuse me though, I was wondering why my dog was only barking six days a week, well I believe you paid pal.

Typical of those whose buds like to dish it out but can't take it being returned...

(EastUS)
the whole nic fantasy...momentarily fantasized...entirely absurd...not the slightest actual defense...how insane...nic nonsense...the truest forms of complete lunatics....wholesale dysfunction...

Should I go back to the last thread before we take score on who's the champion "insult spewer"?

Jim

1) That observation's utter hypocrisy at it's finest, in this case :rolleyes:
2) While your entire posting of quoted snippets was intentionally made without the slightest, proper contextual reference for any of the contained observations, (I thought you were against that type of thing) ;) which were actually directed at the inherent insanity of the nic, the wholesale dysfunction of nic as a supposed soothsayer/etc, or how insane anyone would be to want to place these groups together operationally.....no matter = Spew away at your pleasure. :lol: Doesn't fret me, as I'm hardly any diplomat myself, and have oft stated the reasonable requirement for thick skins around here. Where I feel we differ, and like to personally draw the line's at the demarcation zone into the world of hypocrisy......

If awesome allegiance and support's proved by sending a single dollar to a "righteous cause"....well...it's certainly indicative of an interesting level of fierce and firm "commitment"..especially when one factors in the added cost of a stamp ;)

Metroyet: I'm sure your thousand bucks is appreciated...That's especially impressive for someone who, when asked if AWA was their first choice of airlines, or just represented the best job they could actually get, answered that s/he never said s/he worked at AWA.

Ill take a stab at it: INEPT MANAGEMENT

Even in the darkest days of bankruptcy after 9-11 we ran a better operation and provided better service than we do now and morale was better.

IN 2009 we are bar none America's "WORST" airline to work for.........

Why? Because we are all being played like fools by some frat boys playing airline in PHX. And worst of all - we are all letting them.

Wake Up and Think about it.

Great post :up:

1) That observation's utter hypocrisy at it's finest, in this case :rolleyes:
2) While your entire posting of quoted snippets was intentionally made without the slightest, proper contextual reference for any of the contained observations, (I thought you were against that type of thing) wink.gif

People who live in glass houses...

Jim

QUOTE (Glucose Intolerant @ Apr 7 2009, 11:46 PM) *
This was bar none the best US airline to go to work for back in the 80's.

Dude, it's 2009.... How Sad. Reality? Anyone?....

"Dude"..what's truly sad is how much has been lost in the quality of life within the airline experience. Being an airline pilot used to really mean something, both in terms of respect and compensation, and was truly a great lifestyle. It was then, (clearly, as opposed to now), an incredibly competitive position to even ever achieve, and brought with it proper pride. Sigh...Perhaps it's really, just best for you that you never knew, and will never know, how it was in past times..."Dude" ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.