US Schedule Enhancements

The Average daily (per 12 month period) one way travel from the CLT MSA to Hawaii is about 40 passengers. For comparison, the PHL MSA is about 132 passengers. So it's pretty obvious this flight is going to have to rely heavily on connections through CLT. I'm a bit skeptical as to how US (Parker) expects to attract "high yield" passengers to hawaii to support the expense of using a 762 and at the same time set the lowest fares to draw revenue away from DL at ATL and CO at EWR. IMO, the US 762 is going to struggle on this route, both economically and performance wise. Of course, it would have an even bigger performance challenge if the route was non-stop from PHL. Maybe a better option (or a potential fallback) would have been to use this excess 762 on a PHL(or CLT)-PHX(short stop)-HNL through flight. Then if it didn't attract sufficient through yields, at least the East Coast-PHX and PHX-HNL segments would likely excel. Obviously there would need to be some analysis on the yield requirements to offset the extra fuel costs for stopping in PHX - particularly in summer.

Is the AVOD going to be available to FC passengers, or, are they going to be stuck watching the same movie that is shown in Y on a computer paper screen?
US1, all 767's have been retrofitted with flat screen monitors on the bulkheads. No more flip over paper screens. They have been retrofitted for over a year now.

US1, all 767's have been retrofitted with flat screen monitors on the bulkheads. No more flip over paper screens. They have been retrofitted for over a year now.

I was sort of joking because of the computer paper screen fiasco awhile back. What I was really referring to is when I flew on US, entertainment was not dependent on the aircraft, it was dependent upon the route. This is not like other airlines. If I fly a 757-200 on CO, I get to use the AVOD. On US, if I fly on a 767 and I am flying PHL-CUN, they would not let us use the AVOD, we had to watch the single movie they showed to Y. The same goes for the ETOPS 757. I did take a jab at US, but my question was a serious one--and I am talking about FC pax.

For coach passengers, what's the lesser evil? The slave ship seats on a 757 6 hour flight from PHX or the slave ship seats on the a 767 10+ hour flight..... Heaven help the unfortunates who can't upgrade/afford First.

The flying experience is so different on a duel aisle aircraft versus a single aisle aircraft. The 767 is a very comfortable ride. While the 757 feels very tight. And it is on US. We've crammed too many coach seats on them.

I wish we had more 767 aircraft. We should have bought 20 of them.

...more than likely turns with a RON in PHL or PHX

Nope, actually they are all RONs that come from and return to CLT. 1 flight each from PHX-AUS/SAT will be upgraded from Mesa to mainline, but that is unrelated.

In Oct, a 2nd mainline flight will be added from CLT-STL and that will RON as well, meaning the only two east mainline flights will both be RONs

Latest posts