US/UA Official Merger Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.
United in alliance talks with Continental: sources

United will make a decision on whether to merge with US Airways soon, two people said, adding that a deal with US Airways is likely

See Story

Continental Juggles Other Airlines

Calyon Securities analyst Ray Neidl says that United would only enter into a partnership with Continental if talks don't pan out with US Airways

See Story

Regards,

USA320Pilot

I'm getting tired of all these people trash talking us air, I work for us air, and I'm a damm good worker, and to hear people say no one would care if us air fell by the wayside, that pisses me off, I like my job, I need my job, I got bills too. You need to think about the people who would be affected if Us air disappeared. I wanna see no company disappear, every airline has their own problems, if you got a problem with us air, don't fly them, if you don't work for them or never flown them, don't talk trash.

Jabroni30 and Int'l Shannon...

AMEN! Thank you for your posts! As an employee also of US I agree that sometimes the decisions at HQ may not be to our liking, but I get very tired of everyone ( especially non-employees) bashing us over the head on this board and elsewhere. We are all people who have feelings and bills and a job we love.

Criticisms are fine, but lets try to be adults here.

FWIW....I am totally for a merger with UA. I think it would only strengthen both to be able to survive with oil at $125/bbl. Size matters now more than ever.

I dunno NYC , people said our merger would be a train wreak , and for the most part I’d say it’s working fantastically!

Now of course the pilots and flight attendants are going to disagree with me because their having labor problems , but those problems aside ,for the passenger looking to go from point A to point B service has never been better! (service X price ) .

YHGTBSM!

Piney, Art, and other regular customers....care to comment on how fantastic the merger has been?

United is pushing this hard but listening to the court of opinion.

United's Tilton to give Parker a shot at top job-FT

I know this article was mentioned in an earlier post. Translation, investors were not excited about Doug Parker running things in a United, US Airways transaction as previously mentioned.

United Air Accidentally Drops $130 Fuel Surcharge

United Desperate for cash. Translation to article above, Too good to be true passengers. We can do anything we want with our computers, but we made this up for extra cash flow.

United is pushing this hard but listening to the court of opinion.

United's Tilton to give Parker a shot at top job-FT

I know this article was mentioned in an earlier post. Translation, investors were not exited about Doug Parker running things in a United, US Airways transaction as previously mentioned.

United Air Accidentally Drops $130 Fuel Surcharge

United Desperate for cash. Translation to article above, Too good to be true passengers. We can do anything we want with our computers, but we made this up for extra cash flow.

I never understood why Congress never stepped in to eliminate all these "surcharges." Sure, fuel costs have gone up and everyone knows that. Why not just raise the ticket price to reflect how much it costs to provide the service? If all airlines were required to advertise "bottom line only" prices, it sure would make things a bit simpler for the consumer.

Of course, one could go the other extreme. Advertise $1.99 fares from PHL to LAX, but add surcharges for fuel, captain, first officer, flight attendants, tires, engines, wings, seats, air conditioning, lights, lavatory, food (oops, we already do that one), loading bridge (charge that one twice,) seat belt....

I never understood why Congress never stepped in to eliminate all these "surcharges." Sure, fuel costs have gone up and everyone knows that. Why not just raise the ticket price to reflect how much it costs to provide the service? If all airlines were required to advertise "bottom line only" prices, it sure would make things a bit simpler for the consumer.

Of course, one could go the other extreme. Advertise $1.99 fares from PHL to LAX, but add surcharges for fuel, captain, first officer, flight attendants, tires, engines, wings, seats, air conditioning, lights, lavatory, food (oops, we already do that one), loading bridge (charge that one twice,) seat belt....

Kinda like "State minimum pricing" on cigs?????

I dont know, I'm just not a fan of another merger. FINALLY, I feel like US has finally gotten it's act together and is really pretty well positioned to weather the storm ahead (given the circumstances). The HP/US merger took place during a STRONG economy. I can't imagine something as complex as this merger happening now in the face of a recession. It is such a gamble given the state of the economy. If it is not done right, they will burn through money so fast...

FINALLY, I feel like US has finally gotten it's act together and is really pretty well positioned to weather the storm ahead (given the circumstances).
Your joking right?

A reservation system that is horrid.
FA and Pilots three years later with no single CBA and intergration.
Horrible onboard service.
Terrible A/C reconfiguration.
Dirty Airplanes.
Highest complaints of the legacy airlines.

Do I need to continue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back