Possible UA/US Merger Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both US Airways and United are in deep trouble. According to the AP "Nasdaq 100 Leaders & Laggards: UAUA & LEAP and UAL declined 63 cents, or 7.7 percent, to $7.52, and hit an all-time low of $7.36."

See Story

And, how about this story?

Regards,

USA320Pilot

Both US Airways and United are in deep trouble.
Perhaps. But US Airways is considered to be deeper due to their lack of tangible assets to borrow against and raise capital. As everyone knows, solvency is all about liquidity. If and when airlines start to falter, the first to go will probably buoy the rest.

Perhaps. But US Airways is considered to be deeper due to their lack of tangible assets to borrow against and raise capital. As everyone knows, solvency is all about liquidity. If and when airlines start to falter, the first to go will probably buoy the rest.
Why do you guys fight over who is worse?

While I agree that the lack of capital from outside sources will probably keep this merger from happening, using the opinion of another BLOGGER to make your case is a little like using Wikipedia as reference for a Doctoral dissertation.
Well, since this isn't about a "doctoral dissertation" but is about US merger news I'll take the last part of your post as hyperbole.

But since you do agree with the blogger and my opinion, as well, I, at least, will take that as compliment.

Well, since this isn't about a "doctoral dissertation" but is about US merger news I'll take the last part of your post as hyperbole.

But since you do agree with the blogger and my opinion, as well, I, at least, will take that as compliment.
My point was, instead of just linking to another blogger's opinion, just type your own. I could see using a link if it was someone of note, but just to another blogger? Come on!

My point was, instead of just linking to another blogger's opinion, just type your own. I could see using a link if it was someone of note, but just to another blogger? Come on!
Exactly! Using a nobody to "enhance" ones opinion, though the "logical" argument du jour, is still just bad faith logic (how is that for an oxymoron?).

Come on! His opinion would seem to be as good as anyone's on this board.

Besides it's good to see what the outside world thinks of us (not that this board isn't the center of thought concerning The U).

As far as only quoting someone of note - you must mean someone like DP or Glen Tilton.

I understand what you're saying but I've read airline pundits "of note" who many times have divergent opinions and are many times just as wrong/right as any blogger.

This place is a good example of armchair bloggers.

If it so happens that the "unknown blogger" has a valid point why not post it.

Hey , I can write an airline blog!! I can journal to the ism like none other and then you all would quote me!! OH!! before I forget.... I got to use the CLEAR INDIVIDUAL STANDBY button on one of our beta computers... LOVE it!! LOVE!!
What took so fricken long?

Status
Not open for further replies.