US/UA Merger Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
US Westies LOVE OUR VACATION, YES!! :up: Thank goodness we have something to look foward to!
Yes, we work 90 hours or more because it is possible with our flexiblility on the West. With more vacation, means less time working those months and getting the 100 mark or more!! OF course at a lessor pay scale then the East. :down: SO, on months with no vacation I just bid a line with all 3 day trips, at 70 a month average, but 18 days off, pick up a 2 day, maybe change a couple of my trips, and boom I am up to 90 hours, and still 14 days off!! Good for me. Can't imagine that on RSV. :(
Bottom line, I will be glad to stay US, or United. GIVE ME A RAISE!!! DA!m it!

<SNIP> So I am transferred from S. Shamblin to R. Carpenter, He answers the phone " HEEEYYY GIIRRLLLL" I said - EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?! He says " Oh I thought this was S. Shambles,
Priceless!

You know, now if anyone sees Shamblin in the terminal or on the plane you gotta holler “HEEEEEYYYYY, GIIIIIIIRRRRRLLL!!!â€￾

She’ll feel right at home, like if she was in her office.

I'm sorry, but either you've got it or you don't. It is something that cannot be learned. You can take the boy out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the boy. Or you can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl. Doug Parker and his elk are not made of what it takes to lead a combined world class global airline. It takes a certain caliber of individual who possesses a certain style, class, charisma, and worldliness. It takes a leader willing to set the vision, communicate that vision across all layers of the organization, and then create strategies and policies for ensuring that the vision is executed flawlessly across all levels.

I am holding out hope that if a merger agreement does come to pass, that the UAL BOD will tap someone like Ed Bastian, the former COO of Delta. There is a man with class, finesse, and vision. You can be rest assured that if Parker and Company are tapped, there will be heated opposition from UAL labor groups to thwart this merger.

Ok, I think I can diagnose you with RADS:

Romantic Airline Disorder Syndrome.

It's not a mythic quest, or an art form, or a spiritual calling. It's an airline.

Here's a team for you: Gordon Bethune and Ed Bastian....how about that ?

Seriously, Freedom, you need to stop drinking the Kool Aid. The management team at Tempe has clearly shown their disdain for both employees AND customers, ESPECIALLY premium customers. Both Doug and Scot have PUBLICLY stated their contempt for Preferred Flyers (especially Chairmans Preferred) in town hall meetings (we have the videos to prove it), and I don't need to get into their treatment of employees-the state of labor relations at the airline speaks for itself.

We are nearly 3 years into a merger which is nowhere near complete. Unable to cut costs in a reasonable manner, this team cuts benefits for both employees and customers. They gutted the First Class cabins of aircraft, reduced pitch, and they keep penalizing those who contribute the most: front line employees and high yield customers.

And let's not even get into infrastructure--the high cost of cheap has shown its head in an unworkable reservations system and a disfunctional web site. How Joe Beery still has a job is BEYOND me.

You're right--they are trend setters--and they're winning the race to the bottom.

The potential merger of US and UA could be a good thing for all concerned, but the track record of the management team you are enamored with indicates it will be yet another disaster. They are over their heads now--what makes you think they can manage a yet MORE complex merger?

Time to wake up and smell the coffee--the Kool Aid has definitely gotten to you.

So, I will give you an example of the folks we are dealing with at TEMPE... I had a situation where I needed to talk to R. Carpenter in inflight, I called the switchboard, and somehow (god know how) i got S. Shamblin.. I said, oh, I'm sorry; I was trying to reach R. Carpenter.. So she says " let me transfer you" Ok, Thank you very much i say... So I am transferred from S. Shamblin to R. Carpenter, He answers the phone " HEEEYYY GIIRRLLLL" I said - EXCUSE ME!?!?!?!?! He says " Oh I thought this was S. Shambles, I said, well, as a professional in a workplace I would suggest you answer your phone in a different manner than "HEEYYYY GIRRRLLLL".... I was appauled.. Can you imagine having jokes like this in charge, It just makes me laugh... I just can't believe it... I immediately called HR, I just couldn't believe simeone at a corporation would answer their phone that way......

That is hysterical...pathetic, but hysterical.

Who is R. Carpenter anyway?

I agree with VJ, everyone who sees Shambles has to say, Hay Gurl!

Tick, tock, tick tock. Can we start making "bets" as to when an announcement will be forthcoming? Enough with all the speculation of IF we are going to merge, lets start speculating about WHEN the geniuses in the Sandcastle will make their move. :lol:

US Westies LOVE OUR VACATION, YES!! :up: Thank goodness we have something to look foward to!
Yes, we work 90 hours or more because it is possible with our flexiblility on the West. With more vacation, means less time working those months and getting the 100 mark or more!! OF course at a lessor pay scale then the East. :down: SO, on months with no vacation I just bid a line with all 3 day trips, at 70 a month average, but 18 days off, pick up a 2 day, maybe change a couple of my trips, and boom I am up to 90 hours, and still 14 days off!! Good for me. Can't imagine that on RSV. :(

We would love your vacation too! You better enjoy it while you have it because MF said we probably won't get it. BTW, what's your seniority because if our new contract is how MF has explained it so far, many of our friends out West will be reserves. Unfortunately that's how things work back East. I plan on quitting this place sooner rather than later but if I didn't quit I would probably be a reserve forever. I've been here 8 years and any new hire at any other airline with 5 minutes of seniority has more seniority than I do. It sucks! :down:

I hope we do merge with United and that we have new management and that we have a rotating reserve with 4 hour call out and mix domestic and transatlantic flights. Imgaine the horror of our senior mamma's who look down at the rest of us in disgust and snidely say "I only work transatlantic to Rome." Of course, how will they tote all 6 of their bags all the way across the world to all those airplanes and to all of those different hotels? :shothe Unitck:

As long as our mgmt doesn't take over UA/US merger would be a good thing. If they do, then you better be prepared to fight.

Status
Not open for further replies.