US/UA Merger Master Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
FlightChic:
From every article I've read US mgmt will be running the show. IMO it will be ugly.

It will be very ugly! We'll be the world's largest ghetto airline. Maybe our United friends should start their own "Make United My United" campaign like Delta did. I would love to merge with United if we had different mgmt taking over but not like this.

It will be very ugly! We'll be the world's largest ghetto airline. Maybe our United friends should start their own "Make United My United" campaign like Delta did. I would love to merge with United if we had different mgmt taking over but not like this.

I doubt if the LCC business plan will survive in a UA-US merger even if Parker and Kirby are in control. This plan was initiated with US because someone didn't feel we could compete with the big boys on their terms. We needed to come up with a plan that was different to survive. In the future, assumming this merger happens and the DL-NW deal works out, there will only be 4 Legacy carriers.....with UA-US as the number 2 in size. There will be no reason to try and cheapen the product. I am confident Doug and Scott see this too.

That being said, it has been strangely quiet in the merger rumor department. Either they are doing a good job of keping the talks confidential, or there is an impasse somewhere that the two sides cannot agree on. Time is running short and if it doesn't happen soon, it may not happen at all.

Where in the world will they ever store all that glassware? :eek: United is a big airline you know.
Ebay! I bet the larger FC blankets and pillows go away too. They are going to have so much fun slashing and burning. PS service will become POS service. Sir, would you like the tuna burrito or Spam? Save room for Texas Toast!

So, the remaing questions are...will the Swoosh survive? and, are the inhouse nitwits who created the new US livery going to kept on to embarass UA employees with a ugly homemade livery?

If an announcement comes, I expect it to come when the NYSE is closed, so it can be early morning or late afternoon/evening. Either way it will be designed to get maximum news coverage.

Understood. Let's hope that we all can do something usefull with this mess..if it happens.

Usefull - finally I agree with some of what you say, east. Have you got an idea of the first usefull thing that will get done? Would you like a hint?

Lemme know, and I'll give you a clue.

NLC

I doubt if the LCC business plan will survive in a UA-US merger even if Parker and Kirby are in control. This plan was initiated with US because someone didn't feel we could compete with the big boys on their terms. We needed to come up with a plan that was different to survive. In the future, assumming this merger happens and the DL-NW deal works out, there will only be 4 Legacy carriers.....with UA-US as the number 2 in size. There will be no reason to try and cheapen the product. I am confident Doug and Scott see this too.

That being said, it has been strangely quiet in the merger rumor department. Either they are doing a good job of keping the talks confidential, or there is an impasse somewhere that the two sides cannot agree on. Time is running short and if it doesn't happen soon, it may not happen at all.

Time may be running short but with todays announcement of the 500 mile mininum going away you can bet its closer to happening. Many policies have been changed to reflect UA's or vice versa. Change fee's 150.00, baggage allowace, pet fees, um fees, sat night stay requirements on fares...can we say MERGER?

With caution I semi agree with you!!

Look at our merger with AWA. We were so excited to get rid of the former US mgmt. What did we get? WORSE!!!!!

Becareful what you wish for.

United employees seem to hate their mgmt too. AWA used to love theirs from what I remember, but now they hate them.

We would love your vacation too! You better enjoy it while you have it because MF said we probably won't get it. BTW, what's your seniority because if our new contract is how MF has explained it so far, many of our friends out West will be reserves. Unfortunately that's how things work back East. I plan on quitting this place sooner rather than later but if I didn't quit I would probably be a reserve forever. I've been here 8 years and any new hire at any other airline with 5 minutes of seniority has more seniority than I do. It sucks! :down:

I hope we do merge with United and that we have new management and that we have a rotating reserve with 4 hour call out and mix domestic and transatlantic flights. Imgaine the horror of our senior mamma's who look down at the rest of us in disgust and snidely say "I only work transatlantic to Rome." Of course, how will they tote all 6 of their bags all the way across the world to all those airplanes and to all of those different hotels? :shothe Unitck:

As long as our mgmt doesn't take over UA/US merger would be a good thing. If they do, then you better be prepared to fight.

We don't call it TRANSATLANTIC --- We call it INTERNATIONAL!!! We do more than just UK and Europe, We do Asia, South America, Europe, and the Middle East... That would be a term that would change for you guys for sure, one day Tokyo the next trip Sao Paulo... You guys wouldn't know what to do with yourselves..

We do Asia, South America, Europe, and the Middle East... That would be a term that would change for you guys for sure, one day Tokyo the next trip Sao Paulo...
Mr. Blockholder States ------> I hate flying places where the PAX don’t speak American, but I could always bid galley position.

Does the person working Galley on Inter-national flites have to work hard??

only Stating opions.

Correction Hi-C - Transatlantic is a term that the flight attendants started used and sometimes the company. Anyone remember the "DIVISION" and the bid would come out under Wolf and it was called a Transoceanic bid. :lol: :lol: I dug through some old stuff and found a copy of the bid packet from 2000.
Good times back when we had class. :huh:

This one is not about Sherri Shamblin or anyone else. It's about a potential merger between US and UA.

It has crept too far off of center now, so we're closing it.

We're going to start a new merger thread, but keep it on topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.