Vote Prediction

[blockquote]
----------------
On 9/19/2002 9:23:25 PM Bob Owens wrote:

So you've flown every week for $38,000. Included in there were trips to Europe. Your flying cost about $1000 per week. I'd say thats pretty cheap. Its probably far less than your earnings. Well how much do you think it would have cost you to fly to Europe 30 years ago? A lot more than a weeks pay, thats for sure. Then, for all those trips stateside figure out how many miles you've flown. Then figure out how much gas, wear and tear, and time you've saved. Honey, you got a bargain! You got that bargain off the backs of those very same professional courteous people that you are so happy to see get a pay cut. The problem is not that the employees have unreasonable expectations, its that the public expects to be carried incredible distances at extreme velocities in extremely expensive, high maintenence machines for a pittance.
Maybe I was wrong to assume that you worked for USAIR. I just wonder why someone who is not in the business would bother to post here.
Nope, never worked for TWA.
----------------
[/blockquote]

Well gee, Bob, I just wonder why an AA employee and/or AA union official would bother to post 57 messages on 16 threads in the US Airways and United forums, but not [b]post a single message[/b] in the AA fourm. Curious to say the least.

[P]Hey bob, if the IAM is so bad, then why does the TWU at AA have part time mechanics and srps?[/P]
[P]Why does a mechanic at AA in the seat shop make $13 and the same at US make $28?[/P]
[P]People in glass houses should not throw stones.[/P]

Lakeguy67;
Let me know where you find a part time mechanic at AA.Its been in the language for 20 years but we dont have any. I agree that the language for it should be eliminated.
As for the SRP-OSMs. Thats one of the many reasons why I recommended a No vote.
Our OSMs still get at least two weeks vacation.

Exactly. US Airways touched it all off, but given their smaller size, their restructuring in and of itself doesn't put pressure on the large majors. However, a restructure by UA will have a ripple effect throughout the industry. You can bet the farm that every other major is modeling numerous what if scenarios to respond depending on how UA restructures.

UAL777 Flyer;
I guess that none of the YES men mind when a pro-concession outsider posts.

We will see what happens at UAL. Its a given that the pilots are ready to give it all back. According to one ALPA Official You got to know when to hold em and know when to fold em.
The mechanics are a different story. There was a nearly an election for new representation a short time ago at UAL for the mechanics. If the IAM brings back concessions they're history as far as M&R go. This will happen because even those that vote Yes will fault the IAMs lack of leadership for the concessions.They are already upset about the concessions they gave for the nearly worthless stock they are stuck with.

bob...........hold on, because you will be taking concessions, one way or the other. The industry cannot sustain itself with current and projected travel levels,and the current pay scales.

Latest posts