Time to put the Cards on the Table

As we start yet another week waiting for the NMB to come back with some ruling as to what is going to happen with this Association and whether we will get a vote, Still nothing has been brought forward by the AMFA Organizers here at AA.

Most of us know who they are system wide has anyone been told what the plan is?

The cards we collected will start to expire the first of the new Year. (Jan 2015)

Don't you think that we should know what the Organizers have planned, for whatever scenario that will come with the ruling of the NMB.

The NMB will either rule or wait until the New Yr. what is it going to be? That is the Million Dollar question, 

Are we going to see something from AMFA National or the Lead Organizers here at AA or are we in for another let down and another wasted card campaign?

I think it's Time to let every card signer and all the fence sitters know exactly what the plan is, what the card count is, where AMFA National stands in this, What about YOU?

Reactions: 1 person
Dec, 3rd, 2014​
 ​
Still NOTHING From the NMB and again still nothing from the AMFA Organizers here at AA.​
 ​
As I previously stated the cards are Going to start to expire the first part of Jan. 2015.​
 ​
At this point we all must figure that the total number of required cards was NOT met.​
 ​
I would Like to know what the PLAN is NOW.​
 ​
We have had 5 AMFA card Drives here at AA and still the members are not willing to rid​
themselves of the TWU. Many here say how much the TWU is despised, but why hasn't that ​
 been reflected in the number of cards to remove the TWU.​
 ​
As an American Airlines AMT I would like to know as well why AMFA's National has sent nothing to us with a statement saying that they even want us and what their plan is for us if we do get them as our representing Union.​
 ​
Has Anyone heard anything or is this card drive a dead issue and are we going to stuck with the TWU/IAM Association? ​

Let me put it this way, if the membership at AA with the mechanics do not get in this time, it's over.  And if that happens, then there is not enough mechanics pissed off to get involved and make a change and then yes you guys will be stuck with either this alliance or the TWU when it is all said and done.  I do understand your frustration, but like I have said before, if you guys do not do it this time I honestly think it will not be done ever at AA...

swamt said:
Let me put it this way, if the membership at AA with the mechanics do not get in this time, it's over.  And if that happens, then there is not enough mechanics pissed off to get involved and make a change and then yes you guys will be stuck with either this alliance or the TWU when it is all said and done.  I do understand your frustration, but like I have said before, if you guys do not do it this time I honestly think it will not be done ever at AA...

Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've heard that line.  Getting guys to resign AMFA cards is easy, especially the ones who signed right away.

Apathy was won again. Most in Tulsa hate the TWU but are to lazy to research anything and to lazy to do anything about it. I've been in on every drive as a card collector and I'm done trying to convince idiot's of the facts. It's over my friend we are stuck with a sorry union and worse yet a horrible ASSOCIATION. I'm done being stressed out at work, we can't fix stupid

Reactions: 2 people
iluvaa said:
Apathy was won again. Most in Tulsa hate the TWU but are to lazy to research anything and to lazy to do anything about it. I've been in on every drive as a card collector and I'm done trying to convince idiot's of the facts. It's over my friend we are stuck with a sorry union and worse yet a horrible ASSOCIATION. I'm done being stressed out at work, we can't fix stupid
I still believe that once the NMB gives the ruling, there will be a rush of new cards coming in.  Some people will not react until they see or hear that the alliance is a go.  Don't give up yet brother.  I would give up on the Tulsa boys and work extremely hard on the US guys...

I'm in Tulsa there will be no rush on cards here. After 14 years of trying I'm giving up. But that being said if by some miracle if I do see an up roar and people actually start getting mad and there is an influx of interest I will definitely jump back in.

iluvaa said:
I'm in Tulsa there will be no rush on cards here. After 14 years of trying I'm giving up. But that being said if by some miracle if I do see an up roar and people actually start getting mad and there is an influx of interest I will definitely jump back in.
Glad to hear that brother, good luck to you and all...

AMFAinMiami is nothing but a very angry man that doesn't want to hear the truth. He has been told the truth for years and all he wants to do is call people in leadership liars. He has been offered the leadership role many times but has failed to step up to the plate. He would rather sit back and point figures.

Reactions: 3 people
ch53D said:
AMFAinMiami is nothing but a very angry man that doesn't want to hear the truth. He has been told the truth for years and all he wants to do is call people in leadership liars. He has been offered the leadership role many times but has failed to step up to the plate. He would rather sit back and point figures.

CH53D

Angry Your Damn right there, Hear what truth? Who's Truth? I have been involved with collecting cards my whole time here at AA. which is almost 17yrs. I have used my own money as well to ship cards buttons, pins lanyards, stickers and even T-shirts all around the system through out the yrs as well. I have been on the committee as well. Involved in the weekly conf calls on my time too. &  traveled to stations around the system to collect cards.

When I get asked the same questions over and over by guys as to why we need to rid AA of the TWU its hard to swallow the anger. When there are a certain few who make the decisions to withhold information that I feel the members should know that to me is doing the same thing the TWU has done for ever. Everyone here knows that the back door deals are part of the culture here at AA. Most of the AA guys complain about it but ask them to get involved they are too busy to do that. 

" I was asked to take over for the Leader but never being fully in the Loop that would be impossible to do. Dallas is the central Point of this AMFA drive and always has been.
"I" was asked to take the cards as well but only two people know what the data base actually says. We the organizers have been told how the person in charge has all the records and been at it for almost 20 yrs so just explain how I could take that on either. I am I supposed to fly to DFW get the DB and figure it out all by myself.

I have NOT SAT Back at all, every card drive I have with the help of others insured that almost 95 % of my stations cards were collected. those were LAX and now MIA so you don't know what you are talking about. Unless you are part of the inner circle your just a follower as well.

When it is all said and done and we are stuck with the TWU/IAM Association you will be saying why weren't we told this months ago. Why didn't the organizers be upfront, all this time. 

The cards we collected in Jan last yr will expire in less than a month. So tell us all just what's YOUR Plan. How much of YOUR Money have you spent in the last 15 yrs towards THIS?

AMFAinMIAMi

I have checked with your DFW leadership team. I have found out you are a liar. Miami is only at 90%.

ch53D said:
AMFAinMIAMi

I have checked with your DFW leadership team. I have found out you are a liar. Miami is only at 90%.
Big deal, He said 95% instead of 90%....So that's 10% who want the TWU gone instead of 5%. 

ch53D said:
Then ignore him. The man has been here a very long time pushing for his cause (right or wrong) and then suddenly you show up and start the personal attacks. Something fishy about that!! The TWU send you this way? The IAM? Or someone really pushing hard for the association. Maybe he took a job your seniority wouldn't hold and now your bitter. The possibilities are endless...

Reactions: 3 people
ch53D said:
AMFAinMIAMi

The Number I quoted was for the Title 1 work group, with a few guys from Facilities and automotive.

The TWU along with the IAM?IBT have over the yrs lead the Title 2 guys to believe that AMFA does not want to represent them. That is completely False, they won't sign cards.

The Fact here is that unless the NMB rules soon the cards the members signed last Jan. when I started here will expire. The AMFA Leaders would not give you any numbers unless you are part of the inner circle. They don't feel that putting out the card numbers is an important thing at this point and they haven't done that in the drives in the 16+ yrs I have been trying to rid AA of the TWU. 

Telling us all where we are and what the numbers are, along with other important information each person who signed a card deserves to know is the reason I started this thread.

Keeping all the info to a select few is just what the TWU has done over the yrs with all the back door deals we all complain about. By the actions of these few its like TWU lite.

What did they tell you that you can do to change the way things are? 

You still have not told us of your involvement and if you have traveled to other cities collecting cards, Tell us that you have talked to Louie Key and addressed the concerns of the AA mechanics and them joining AMFA? Did you ask them to tell you all the numbers and explain the DBase to you and how the info about all the extra members the company adds each time we do this? Did they give you all the numbers from last yrs card drive and what was turned into the NMB even though the cards were denied? What is the total number of combined US/AA cards required?

Did you ask them as well why nothing has been sent via email blast since Sept.?

You are probably not even a AA employee or a mechanic. You and your rhetoric is not worth any more of my time.

AMFAinMiami

That 90% is your Title I number. You are putting out miss information about MIA, so your are a liar.