Time to put the Cards on the Table

Overspeed said:
What's the status on the NMB decision?
You really don't have a clue.  It's been over 13 weeks. The longest in history waiting for a decision from the NMB in a SCS ruling...

Vortilon said:
Nobody wants to see the TWU & IAM get the boot more than I, when it comes to representing AA's AMTs.  After what happened the last 2 times, how could any of us trust the NMB,  AA, or the IAM/TWU dues collection agencies to play fair?  There are a few things in play right now that could prove to be game changers.  No point in tipping our hats too early.

Vortilion

Lets all hope that what you are saying is TRUE, I don't think the membership is going to go for another well we think there was a conspiracy between the NMB/TWU/AA just to keep AMFA off the Ballot.

Or we will get it done NEXT Time, Thats one of the TWU's Lines and God forbid we use that.

We are at the Point that the Title 2 guys and the Tulsa mechanics need to decide its either this association or AMFA. 

The TWU has failed and most can agree on that, why add a IAM union into the mix when the only group of airline mechanics represented by them signed cards to get rid of them last yr. But were afraid of what the IAM would do to the Pension.

Reactions: 1 person
Vortilon said:
Nobody wants to see the TWU & IAM get the boot more than I, when it comes to representing AA's AMTs.  After what happened the last 2 times, how could any of us trust the NMB,  AA, or the IAM/TWU dues collection agencies to play fair?  There are a few things in play right now that could prove to be game changers.  No point in tipping our hats too early.
Game changer huh?  Sure hope so.  Today now marks 14 weeks. I am still assuming that IF the NMB warrants an election, there should be another 30 days after announcement to collect a bum rush of cards.  Hope you guys can do it this time around...

swamt said:
Game changer huh?  Sure hope so.  Today now marks 14 weeks. I am still assuming that IF the NMB warrants an election, there should be another 30 days after announcement to collect a bum rush of cards.  Hope you guys can do it this time around...

SWAMT

That would be the perfect time for guys like yourself who want us to succeed in bring in AMFA to get the NEC to get fully behind this so that it will happen. Guy's like you who could and should get with the Officers of AMFA and tell them that unless any carrier such as AA or UAL or any other carrier becomes AMFA. They will only be running a mom&pop union as the TWU and the other industrial unions put it.

O. V. Delle-Femene wanted a union that would represent all mechanics in the industry, "YES" It's AMFA's Policy to let the companies that wish to bring AMFA in do it on their own. I get that. But that was a long time ago and change at AMFA is needed as well if the NEC is not willing to grow the union that you and I and other want to represent our class and craft in the industry.

It does not have to come in any monetary amount of money but in written statements to the AA mechanics that they are wanted and that AMFA would welcome the chance to represent us.

"YES" I get the IGM and they are scared of loosing the jobs they have if UAL or AA bring AMFA in,  but doesn't that bring more power to the union and a better way for our class and craft?

Maybe its time for AMFA National to show what they are made of and put it it there.
Wouldn't that quiet the likes of the objectors on this board which you know.?

Having more than 9000+ members become AMFA would give AMFA the money to bring change to the laws that effect our trade, don't you think? It's $7.2 Million just with AA. so any money above that that is from US is more of a +.

Your constant support here is welcome but you and your fellow AMFA members lobbying for our cause with AMFA National would help us even more. 

AMFAinMIAMI said:

SWAMT

That would be the perfect time for guys like yourself who want us to succeed in bring in AMFA to get the NEC to get fully behind this so that it will happen. Guy's like you who could and should get with the Officers of AMFA and tell them that unless any carrier such as AA or UAL or any other carrier becomes AMFA. They will only be running a mom&pop union as the TWU and the other industrial unions put it.

O. V. Delle-Femene wanted a union that would represent all mechanics in the industry, "YES" It's AMFA's Policy to let the companies that wish to bring AMFA in do it on their own. I get that. But that was a long time ago and change at AMFA is needed as well if the NEC is not willing to grow the union that you and I and other want to represent our class and craft in the industry.

It does not have to come in any monetary amount of money but in written statements to the AA mechanics that they are wanted and that AMFA would welcome the chance to represent us.

"YES" I get the IGM and they are scared of loosing the jobs they have if UAL or AA bring AMFA in,  but doesn't that bring more power to the union and a better way for our class and craft?

Maybe its time for AMFA National to show what they are made of and put it it there.
Wouldn't that quiet the likes of the objectors on this board which you know.?

Having more than 9000+ members become AMFA would give AMFA the money to bring change to the laws that effect our trade, don't you think? It's $7.2 Million just with AA. so any money above that that is from US is more of a +.

Your constant support here is welcome but you and your fellow AMFA members lobbying for our cause with AMFA National would help us even more. 
Trust me AIM, at this time it will not get done.  WE, at SWA have too many items going on at this time. I have tried, I have pushed, and I have preached to have support for you guys to come in. The major response I get is, why hasn't it happened yet?  They have been doing this for over 10-15 years.  AMFA National has spent a large amount of money to try and help you guys into AMFA. MY local 11 has also spent a large amount of money to get you guys in.  The majority at this time is done with spending.  We have had votes to try and help you guys and they have failed by the majority to continue any more help.  You guys really need to get this done by the grass roots efforts. And I will tell you this, if it's not done this time, it just won't happen.  I have said this in the past.  If you guys are still looking for help from National, then things are not as good as I have been told. Keep the cards updated, watch for a dramatic increase in card signings IF and after the NMB makes a decision. 
Again, sorry for all the negative info, but we really are gearing up for a possible arbitration over our current sec 6 nego's.  All monies are focused where they need to be right now.  The membership will in no way will approve our monies to be used in any other way at this time. Hope you can understand, but I also fully understand your frustration.  Good luck to you guys and still hope you guys can get it done this time around...

Reactions: 2 people
swamt said:
Trust me AIM, at this time it will not get done.  WE, at SWA have too many items going on at this time. I have tried, I have pushed, and I have preached to have support for you guys to come in. The major response I get is, why hasn't it happened yet?  They have been doing this for over 10-15 years.  AMFA National has spent a large amount of money to try and help you guys into AMFA. MY local 11 has also spent a large amount of money to get you guys in.  The majority at this time is done with spending.  We have had votes to try and help you guys and they have failed by the majority to continue any more help.  You guys really need to get this done by the grass roots efforts. And I will tell you this, if it's not done this time, it just won't happen.  I have said this in the past.  If you guys are still looking for help from National, then things are not as good as I have been told. Keep the cards updated, watch for a dramatic increase in card signings IF and after the NMB makes a decision. 

Again, sorry for all the negative info, but we really are gearing up for a possible arbitration over our current sec 6 nego's.  All monies are focused where they need to be right now.  The membership will in no way will approve our monies to be used in any other way at this time. Hope you can understand, but I also fully understand your frustration.  Good luck to you guys and still hope you guys can get it done this time around...

SWAMT

Like I said it is NOT about money its about, the fact that AMFA National has not really put much out on its own in the last couple of drives most of what was emailed and sent was from the AMFA Organizers here at AA. There was very Little direct communication from the NEC to the AA employees.

"YES" they have helped with money and some even came to visit a few cities with the organizers.

AMFA is NOT going to become a major player if they don't get more members. So either AA or UAL  do the grass roots thing or AMFA creates an organizing committee and goes after other companies that employ aircraft mechanics. If that does not happen then AMFA is on a fixed budget.

If UAL does better than we have done the last two drives the NEC will be replaced anyway.  They need to think about that. Better to be part of the growth than to get moved aside for not doing so.

From the highlighted section above maybe you should check with the source of your info. That is the reason why I want answers.

700UW said:
So why would you want to join a union that is making no effort to organize you?

700UW

You just don't get it, it is not the IAM/TWU/IBT these unions are just after dues, and these industrial unions represent so many other factions of the US workforce and the airline mechanics are just a fraction of the PIE when it comes to representation.

With AMFA the union represents only mechanics, NOT bus drivers, Transit workers, stock clerks, fleet workers, butchers, bakers or even candle stick markers.
They are NOT Perfect, and I never said they were. But the idea of AMFA is the sole reason many mechanics in the industry want them. 

If you watched your class and craft being crapped on and there was a union that would look out just for your interests you would want them as well. But NO UNION just wants the stock clerks. The Industrial unions will take any tom/dick/harry since for them it's dues.

As in every union there are those who once in office try to protect the job they have, During the campaign for the job they have, they promised the world. But once in fall into the scamming and the TWU has the biggest scammers going, in my opinion.

Since you are not an airline employee any longer but you are so ate up with the IAM you must be attempting to win favor with them so to get a position. You sing the IAM theme song like you are on the payroll. 

Just what are they giving you for being an IAM cheerleader, on so many of these threads?

Just what did the District Lodge General chair offer you? You can't be doing this for nothing.

You must have some scam in the works, since you are not part of the industry, that  you google so much. 

700UW said:
So why would you want to join a union that is making no effort to organize you?
You just made it clear that you miss the fundamental tenet of the AMFA.

It is an organization of the people for the people. I liken it to a co-op pooling resources.

There is no "they" in AMFA. There is no "joining a union". It is a group of like minded people who want to use their skills to bargain collectively. That is all.

I will argue that this is where labor has lost its way in America by moving away from that mindset.

With AMFA today there is no 700UW out on union dollars beating the drum of some guy in a glass palace in upper Marlboro trying to convince them to join some pie in the sky force.

Especially one who wants to take over your pension and force you to not work after retirement in order to receive it.

I respect your determination and support of labor.

But here we part ways and ideology.

I have not seen any info at my station lately regarding AMFA, or any conversations regarding AMFA either. There has to be a bigger push information wise at the station level. Stating things on here is like preaching to the choir and a small one at that. I would venture to guess that less than 25% of the AMTs at both US Airways and AA know about this website.

AMFAinMIAMI said:

700UW

With AMFA the union represents only mechanics, NOT bus drivers, Transit workers, stock clerks, fleet workers, butchers, bakers or even candle stick markers.

Are you sure about that?

Your posting misinformation.

700UW said:
Are you sure about that?

Your posting misinformation.

Are you sure you want to dive into that pettiness?

Split hairs if you must, just don't be surprised when your posts are dissected to the same degree.