Time to put the Cards on the Table

AMFAinMIAMI

Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Miami, Fl.
Since the beginning of the year the Organizers throughout AA system and US Airways system have been collecting AMFA cards in hopes of removing the TWU/IAM. We had an idea that the TWU/IAM would do something that would try to derail this drive. Well they have filed with the NMB to form an Association.

Most of the AA Line stations have signed AMFA Cards but again, Tulsa has not, they believe that AMFA will shed the O/H facilities. They have bought into the TWU's bs again. So it has been a hard fight to get _____?_____cards this time from Tulsa again.

The Title 2 guys here at AA have again NOT signed cards. They as well think that AMFA will allow the aircraft mechanics to bump them and take the jobs they have.

The guys at US Airways as well are worried about the seniority and the IAM Pension. So that has been the Battle over on that side of the new AA.

Each week the organizers have sent out information via email to all that over the yrs have provided a way to get this information.

We are NOW into to the 10th month of this drive and are waiting for the NMB to give us some hint of what is in store for us. 

Talking with many around the system it has been very quiet as to what is happening. It's like NO ONE Cares. The TWU has taken stock money from us, Not fought to get our prefunding back that AA showed everyone while taking applications for the early outs last yr.

"YOU" all know the items we have lost since the 2001 contract.  For those of you who have been here since 1989, you know what the TWU let the company take from us before.

Many of the Organizers have been at this for many yrs, transparency is what the TWU does NOT have and is what the AMFA Organizers have pushed.  Well it is TIME for them to let us ALL KNOW where we stand?

1. If the NMB comes back next week and we needed to send the cards will we have enough to do that? 

2.  What is the Number of signed cards we turned in last year even though the NMB did not accept              them?       

3.  Have we reached the combined 50% mark or just how far from that are we?

4.  What is AMFA Nationals plan this time, where are they going to go from here if this drive fails?

5.  What is the Total number of employees at the combined AA/US in the mechanics class and craft?

6. Do the Lead AMFA organizers plan on running a write in campaign if need be?

7. Are the AMFA Organizers planning on getting just enough write in votes to have a run off election?

8. Will AMFA National fund that campaign to help insure that the write in vote will go their way? 

9. Will SWA and Alaska mechanics and the Leadership at AMFA'S Locals get behind our last stand?
  9a. Are the SWA/Alaska guys scared that if AA becomes AMFA the NEC positions will be voted out and AMFA will be run by AA?

10. What are the numbers in both systems station by station of signed cards?
  10a So the Line Guys won't be Pointing fingers at Tulsa, what Line stations have not signed?

11. Will AA's AMFA Lead Organizers tell you the answers to these and any other questions?

Don't YOU want answers to these and any other questions that You may Have? ​

Time to put it all out on the Table 

The AMFA-AA web site has a contact section submit your questions there as well.​

Reactions: 1 person
TWU informer said:
Might be best to keep strategy/cards on or near the table and off the public forums.
Not to sound to harsh here, but unfortunately for you guys, I don't think any mention of that on this
public forum is gonna matter one iota...sorry.

Reactions: 2 people
TWU informer said:
Might be best to keep strategy/cards on or near the table and off the public forums.

Aren't you tired of the secret ways of the TWU, why shouldn't the membership who have signed cards be privy to the numbers or is it TWU Lite? The amfa drive leaders want us to get cards signed but won't be honest when it comes to the numbers.

Why shouldn't the Tulsa guys know just how close we are or the line guys know how far away we are?

Why should the guys who have helped get cards signed throughout the system be in the dark as to what needs to be done. 

Why has it been a secret each drive, is it because the numbers told to the organizers is a lie? Just a ploy to keep them pumped up so they will stay with it? You yourself from what I have been told did not get involved this time around. WHY is that? Tired of getting the same questions from the same guys and telling the same tales in Tulsa?

Shouldn't we all know how much involvement from the the NEC of AMFA is?

Are we supposed to just be followers of the few guys who dictate the drive each time?

AMFA is supposed to be a democratic way isn't it? A union where everyone has a voice, well the membership can't have a voice as to what is going on if we are kept in the dark as to the progress of removing the TWU.

This drive started in Jan, 2014 we will soon be in November, we are waiting on the NMB and this has given the organizers more time to gather enough cards from both US/AA mechanic and related class and craft employees.

If we don't have the cards what is the excuse going to be this time? There hasn't been an AMFA blast via email in weeks, why?  In any campaign it should get stronger as the end nears not just go silent. If there is a plan we have the right to know since we will have to push that plan if need be. other wise just like our contract vote there will be so much complacency the TWU will remain, is that what YOU want INFORMER?

Why haven't the Lead AMFA organizers gotten a signed letter from AMFA's NEC telling the mechanics at AA/US just what the plan is going forward? 

Why don't we have a Letter saying we want you from the AMFA NEC. 

The TWU has kept us in the dark with everything since I hired on with AA, so is this the learned experience the organizers have so that is the reason they want to keep it a secret? Are these the guys who you will want to be voted into amfa positions? The guys who feel its not important for you to not know until they decide? Thats TWU lite.......

Hey Dallas​
 ​
 ​
You have the cards and the lead Organizers there  isn't it​
it time you ask them what the deal is. Are they ready?​
 ​
If the NMB rules are they ready to give the NMB the cards .​
 ​
If not shouldn't they tell the rest of us?​
 ​
 ​
We are into November the 11th month of this drive and for the past few months​
it has been quiet.​
 ​
 ​
If we the card signers are expected to still support this shouldn't we know what's going on or is it a secret? What is the Plan?​

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Hey Dallas​
 ​
 ​
You have the cards and the lead Organizers there  isn't it​
it time you ask them what the deal is. Are they ready?​
 ​
If the NMB rules are they ready to give the NMB the cards .​
 ​
If not shouldn't they tell the rest of us?​
 ​
 ​
We are into November the 11th month of this drive and for the past few months​
it has been quiet.​
 ​
 ​
If we the card signers are expected to still support this shouldn't we know what's going on or is it a secret? What is the Plan?​

From what I was told, a decision will be made on how to procede - once the NMB renders it's decision.  

Just my two cents but the last time you guys did a drive the organizers revealed when they would file. What happened? The teamsters filed just hours before and the rest is history. The kind of information you are asking for should be exchanged face to face, not on a forum like this. GT

Overspeed said:
Isn't Kilbane the chief card counter? Call him.

O/S 

whether or not he is the card counter or not he is NOT the one who is calling the shots.

Those decisions are made by a committee.

The info I feel everyone should know should be put out by them. Not kept a secret.
They have all the card signers email just send it that way.

gtd said:
Just my two cents but the last time you guys did a drive the organizers revealed when they would file. What happened? The teamsters filed just hours before and the rest is history. The kind of information you are asking for should be exchanged face to face, not on a forum like this. GT
GTD

Face to face would be a good thing if we all could be in one place like a hall of some type but we all work in different cities. Information at this point in this drive in my opinion is and should be available to all, but I am in the minority with that.

We kept info from the card signers before and as you said the rest is History.

Either we Have the numbers or Not.

What is the Total number of guys both carriers?

What is the 50% +1 number?

How far are we from getting it?

What is the plan if we don't have the cards and the NMB comes up with a decision? 

Is there a way we can get on the Ballot as a interventor?

Is the goal to get cards on hold and are we are just going to try a write in, just to get a run off if the NMB gives us a chance to vote one way or the other?

11 months in and 11 weeks since the Association filed. The cards start to expire the first part of the yr. This is a NOW or never situation isn't?

Sept. 28th or so was the last info sent by the committee, why?

Vortilon said:

From what I was told, a decision will be made on how to procede - once the NMB renders it's decision.  

Vortilon

The AMFA organizers have said all along as well as AMFA members themselves that we all get a say in what happens, so are you part of this way to proceed process? If so that is good, if Not then I ask you why not, ?  Isn't that is AMFA's way of doing things.?

AMFAinMIAMI said:

Vortilon

The AMFA organizers have said all along as well as AMFA members themselves that we all get a say in what happens, so are you part of this way to proceed process? If so that is good, if Not then I ask you why not, ?  Isn't that is AMFA's way of doing things?

AIM, I don't feel that showing the card tally at this point would be good stategy.  As was pointed out earlier, sometimes that kind of info - can be used against our cause.  That's just the way I see it.  Hang in there!

Vortilon said:

AIM, I don't feel that showing the card tally at this point would be good strategy.  As was pointed out earlier, sometimes that kind of info - can be used against our cause.  That's just the way I see it.  Hang in there!

Vortilion

Sometimes that info can stir the fence sitters into the realization that if they don't get involved although unhappy with the TWU they will be stuck with this association.

How many total cards are needed, now how does that work against the cause?

What is the total number combined between US/AA of eligible voters in our class and craft per the NMB? How does that hurt the card drive to remove the TWU?

What was the number of cards turned into the NMB although not accepted, last yr?
Have all the members who signed then signed this time around? How does that affect the plan?

What were the numbers that each carrier AA/US turned in as eligible voters last yr to the NMB vers the actual number in each companies mechanics class and craft ?  How does that hurt this card drive?  

What is AMFA Nationals plan if we do get into a situation that there is a write in campaign?
Are they going to go all out to bring AA/US into the fold? How does that info affect the card drive?

I get the fact that a station by station count would hurt,  (maybe) but at this point shouldn't the members who have signed cards know that we have the numbers if the NMB rules or are we to believe that we do when we don't, then get pissed and say we should of been told and the AMFA guys lied again to us? You know that is the case they are going to blame AMFA when in fact it is the organizing committee.

If it comes down to a all out runoff at the end with all three unions vying for a vote then shouldn't Honesty count for something. We all have said AMFA allows everyone to have a say. No behind the door deals, The TWU just makes decisions without having our input so why should just a few know what's going on since this will affect all of our careers going forward won't it?

Many times throughout this site on many different threads we have seen discussions about being Honest and upfront with info NOT happening with the TWU, is this something you don't expect from AMFA?

Are you just so pissed at removing the TWU that just anyone else will do?
There are many here who have said that, the IBT played on that last yr and what did it get us?
The IAM & TWU told the title 2 guys we the aircraft guys will bump them and don't even want them. They the TWU/IAM/IBT tell the O/H guys that AMFA only supports Line guys.
They lied and we got screwed, another chance blown. Just how many more times can the we the AMFA supporters come back with some scenario that we think happened before the credibility vanishes? Explain that?

WE can't hold the TWU accountable to us then let a certain few withhold info, then want us to vote in something they believe is better without us knowing all the facts. Either the credibility is there and the members support it or they don't.

I want a say and I am hoping that the NMB gives us that chance, then this whole debate as to which union should be here at AA going forward can be Over. Once we vote and a decision is made then what ever the outcome the remaining work force will just have to deal with the outcome, since a VOTE was taken.

Nobody wants to see the TWU & IAM get the boot more than I, when it comes to representing AA's AMTs.  After what happened the last 2 times, how could any of us trust the NMB,  AA, or the IAM/TWU dues collection agencies to play fair?  There are a few things in play right now that could prove to be game changers.  No point in tipping our hats too early.