Weekly Message

mrplanes

Advanced
Sep 17, 2002
And I quote:

"Mad as hell .... We're not going to take it anymore"

"I want you in my corner, I need you in my corner ..... "

Uh Dave, you haven't done a damn thing for us to be in YOUR corner. And you're right about being mad as hell. What you don't get is that your "silent majority" is "mad as hell" that YOU haven't done anything to put us on the right track. We have given you the tools and you have thus far squandered them. You are correct about us being dedicated to this airline. We have been here decades longer than you. And we have no leader. What we have is a whiner.

Either lead this airline to profit or get out of the way so someone can. You had the opportunity to get us in your corner when you got here. You have not lived up to your end of the bargain. We did what we needed to do. What YOU said we needed to do. And now we are listening to your excuses about costs, changing landscapes yada.. yada.. yada. How are we suppose to be in YOUR corner? Excuses are a dime a dozen. Most eveyone else just had a profitable quarter. We know the business has changed. We knew that when we went into C11. Apparently you didn't. YOU gave up our routes. YOU sent our passengers to other carriers. YOU put us into a corner.

Time to go Dave. Find someone who know the business.

mr

Who in the hell is he mad at ? He needs to be madder than hell at his management team who are not able to make this airline succeed other than using the same mantra that its labor, labor, labor.

"We need to be in his corner"? He's on the wrong corner, someone give him a clue. Management needs to join the employees who are on the right side and know what the problems are and how to address them.

LET US KNOW WHEN YOUR WILLING TO COME JOIN US, IN OUR CORNER, DAVE! Staying in your corner isn't working. We've already recognized that some time ago.

The message the U BOD should send;

Due to business conditions that only a 10 year-old could not have foreseen, and a lack of profits, despite givebacks in the billions on the part of labor and vendors, we are forced to demand concessions from management*. All options, including paycuts and headcount reductions, are being considered, the survival of the company being at stake.

Sauce for the goose, yes?

*management - those who actually have a copy of the 'big picture'.

Hmmm , more bitter pills from Dave..isn't that different?

Take note of his statement on the fact that Investors vote with their wallets...when did they ever not?

Investors confidence is displayed entirely with their wallets...and it's Seigels mission in life to create an attractive business plan that will stimulate future investors involvement with UAIR.

I do believe that we as employees are also investors. We are financial investors..and we invest our time and efforts on a daily basis to make this a great airline , yet we cannot offset every issue facing us with further reductions of wages or staffing levels. I believe it been proven time and again that our wage scale is no longer higher than brand X's , Y's or even Z's....yet we are still a hub and spoke airline that will force us to have higher staffing ratios Vs. that of the LCC's

If the cost of a seat mile is too high??...start increasing in segment lengths , expand to new markets and for the love of god rationalize the fare structure to a point that some loyalty will be returning our way again.

Many have mentioned the return of some point to point flying having potential...why not try it in certain markets where it has been proven to to show positive yields?

PITbull said:
Dio,

Keep that up, and you will definitely get PM'd. LOL.... They are watching firecely.
Pitbull,

Think they'll PM a customer?? I have a few good words for them too.

<_<

DELETED BY MODERATOR

Does he not realize that we don't want to hear it!
It is TOO LATE for the locker room pep talk and pats on the ###.
Dave, you burned us like NO other.
You could light a fire under our azzes and we won't join you on your team.
You need us on your side? Please.........get a clue.
It is done. You have burned your bridges.
There is NO turning back for you.
If you really care about the success of US Airways the way you claim, LEAVE and let someone that knows what they are doing save us.
You know what they say....if you love it you've got to set it free.
Set us free Dave...... GOODBYE! Don't look back. We won't be.

Hi AKA trvl64,

Don't think management will PM you cause they don't want to piss you off. They only PM folks who they think have influence with employees and who they believe they can intimidate into submission.

Glad to see you are still on these boards, and still flying us. We never want to ever lose you in any capacity.

Keep the faith,

I believe "Dave the New Lorenzo and Company" could not make money even if they were running the mint.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

lindy,

The flight attendants are very fortunate to have such a good hearted leader. She is always more than welcome to come over to represent the mechanics and related.

is it that seigel is mad more now than before due to the fact that he probably knows that he aint getting no more concessions from us the employees? or is it that may be just may be he knows he should be fired along with his pals steve rader and the related monkeys of ccy!? or is the rsa guy dave b? the one whos supposenly in charge?

If you think about it, Wolf's "forte" was airline sales/merger and in spite of being a miserable failure he was rewarded with a 15million dollar retirement bonus. Our present CEO's "forte" is regional airline management, and you can bet he will reap a large sum of money for finishing off this airline.
We employees need to demand the removal of this current management team before it is too late.
We deal with poor decisions from this team on a daily basis that drive away our core customer base and demoralize the employees. It isn't too late for this management team to turn this around, and
resolving the maintenance outsourcing by complying with the IAM CBO would be a positive first step.
I hope for the best, but expect the worst from this management.

UFO,

Unfortunately, we have lost all faith in this management; not because of the treatment in the past, but for the lack of regard and respect they continue to show the rank and file employees.

I believe many feel that this management is NOT here for the long haul. They are here only to make a profit in order to spike the stock price for their personal gain, and then they will get out of "dodge". They will do whatever it takes to make the "share value" rise. That is why they are here. And if it takes your job and mine, and a few thousand more job, benefits and work rules to accomplish this goal, they will sure as hell do it.

The only way to force them to leave now and look for a CEO out there who is willing to stay for the Long-term haul of our carrier, is for all the Labor leaders to sign onto a letter to present to Bronner to request their dismisal.