HP begins flying to CLT today

Status
Not open for further replies.
HP F/A's are generally quite good. They seem to have avoided developing that "Stepford Stare" so popular in PHX and LAS G/A's.

The "Problem" isn't generally people HP or US it's what you pay versus what you recieve that's often at issue.

Think about it for a second. Let's use ORD as an example. Out tomorrow AM back home Friday Evening. Typical short business trip. All of the carriers that offer non stops from PHL (US, UA, AA) are pricing at $377.00RT. So much for LCC. Now put yourself in the elite flyers shoes for a minute. If the prices and departure time are EXACTLY the same except for very small variences in departure times, what are the varibles in your decision processs? Assume you could get upgraded easily on all three.

1. Fare rules - is the $377 refundable?
2. Standby rules if I can get out early on Friday.
3. On board amenities, Meal, IFE, etc
4. Frequent Flyer Program.

Truth is on the above you can be the greatest sweetest most customer oriented F?A in modern civilization and little or no impact on a purchase decision like this.Let's look at the 4 from my perspective.

1. Fare rules are probably a wash, US is however the least likely to have that fare as a refundable based on my experiences and observations. No clear advantage here.

2. US has leveled the field here by waiving standy fees, but offers no advantage. As far as I Know UA & AA don't have junk fees for standby for elites either.

3. UA will offer a meal, has IFE, including Channel 9. AA offers a B.O.B IIRC, US offers NOTHING in either category. A fresh breakfast on UA means I can get to airport half an hour later which is a big deal when you're 80 minutes away like I am.

4. US in the past would have won this category hands down, now they finish no better than 2nd due to membership in the Star Alliance.

In this example UA would win the business based on the meal served PHL-ORD.

When all you look at is the $10.00 or less it costs to deliver that meal in order to sell a premium ticket you then know what we mean when we say your management knows the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Why don't you get up 30 mins earlier in the morning and stuff your fat little face at home. USAir is an airline dimwit,not a diner!

I was looking in our bid pack, our that not catering west a/c in CLT?? If so why not? where doing alot of stuff outta there and by july we'll be operating 10+ flts. no catering there???

I was on the A320 and really looked around the fwd galley. Somebody please tell me that if the East a/c get glassware on transcon where will they put it? Same goes for the 321 now. There is absolutely no place to put it. I'm with LCC on this one. They have had TWO YEARS to come up with a STANDARD set of service guidelines for all of us to follow. Maybe they are gonna wait until they decide on a new inflight product then make it standard across the board. Who the hell knows anymore. We're the laughing stock of the airline industry. Third world country airlines are ran better than this and that is NO JOKE! ! !

He/She may "Get" the service Industry or not. What h/she really wants is to goad me into a personal attack and it ain't happening.

0 for 2 so far today in terms of getting me upset but 2 for 2 in terms of violating the rules here.

Got better things to do than "goad"
you into attack mode. Just amazed at what you think is important. Complaining about things like coat closets or the lack there of,meals that wouldnt pass muster at a homeless shelter. Threatening to take you FF miles to Brand X ,Y or Z. USAir is an airline.Better than some,worse than others who's only responsibility to you me or any other sorry sort that has the poor misfortune to travel on them is to get you and your sorry tush from point a to point b safely .Period.Case closed. Everything else is optional. Deal with it.

in PHL the employees are lauging all the time which is a good thing. the bad thing is that they are laughing at the WEST management team being put there. you have to see their faces.. they walk around like a deer in front of headlights..

Heck, I could care less about the food on the plane, just take off and get above 10k so I can recline my seat and sleep. <_<
Once you break ground you can recline your seat. It needs to be erect for takeoff and landing, not climb.

Got better things to do than "goad"
you into attack mode. Just amazed at what you think is important. Complaining about things like coat closets or the lack there of,meals that wouldnt pass muster at a homeless shelter. Threatening to take you FF miles to Brand X ,Y or Z. USAir is an airline.Better than some,worse than others who's only responsibility to you me or any other sorry sort that has the poor misfortune to travel on them is to get you and your sorry tush from point a to point b safely .Period.Case closed. Everything else is optional. Deal with it.

YOU, and employees LIKE you, are why US Ai.. America Wes..is SOOOOOOOO despised in this country and are only flown because of cheap flights. Just t hink of the millions more we just might make if management would get their shhiitt together.

I'll go one ahead of you. We ARE an airline. How about giving the employees the GDMF tools they need to actually RUN an airline? While were at it, don't expect quality employees at $9.50 an hour!! Here in NC, min wage will be $7.50 in 2 years. WHY oh WHY would anyone put up with the dysfunctions here at that rate?

I have heard promises and apologies and SEEN NOTHING!!!

Friend, we are currently WORST than ALL airlines and better than NONE!! Get your head out of the sand. :angry:

Status
Not open for further replies.