HP begins flying to CLT today

Status
Not open for further replies.

PHX PHLyer

Advanced
Nov 22, 2006
So I was looking for when the new CLT-PDX fight was going to start, and I saw that it is scheduled to start today and it will be operated by HP (something I wasn't actually aware of).

I saw that the line of flying will be SAN-CLT-PDX-CLT-SAN. But I thought I remember reading on here that there was some stipulation where ground crews from the seperate airlines couldn't work each other's flights. I read something that if HP employees in PHL had spare time, and US employees asked them to help with a US flight, HP workers legally couldn't help them with their flight. Is that stipulation now gone? How are the new CLT flights operated by HP going to be handled with all US employees in CLT?

And assuming that a fair share of CLT flyers haven't been on an HP operated flight yet (unless they flew US to PHX and then onwards on an HP flight), how do you think the flights will be received? Will they find the more biz casual a turn off, or will they embrace the real plateware and cheery crew on the SAN and PDX flights?

Final question...is anyone else aware of future HP flying into CLT? I saw later in the summer that HP will operate a LAS-CLT frequency for a 5th daily flight in addition to the 4 US 757s that operate on the route. Anyone else know of any more flights to come?

Final question...is anyone else aware of future HP flying into CLT? I saw later in the summer that HP will operate a LAS-CLT frequency for a 5th daily flight in addition to the 4 US 757s that operate on the route. Anyone else know of any more flights to come?
I know PHL has a bunch, SAN,DEN,PDX (2x starting in July), SEA,ATL, BOS,LAS,PHX. SFO may be one not sure. Did I miss any?

In the next few weeks, HP will operate EWR-CLT-PBI & PBI-CLT-EWR with A320 aircraft. HP will operate the flight four days a week and U will operate the flight the other three days with B737 aircraft. Come the July Sched Schange HP will operate the flight on a daily basis.

In Phl, Hp was always handled by usairways totally. Hp before merger in Phl was operated by Continental. So every employee in Phl is Usairways and always has been. Some agents from Us in Phl opted to train on Hp flights and worked them. We are not one of those seamless service cities with both Hp employees and Us employees.

Now, management is a different story. Most of the managers we have are west managers. They don't operate the same way the east employees operate and it has been a challenge to say the least. Very few (I can count on one hand) are remaining east management.

So we have a major cultural difference and it SHOWS don't you agree?

So I was looking for when the new CLT-PDX fight was going to start, and I saw that it is scheduled to start today and it will be operated by HP (something I wasn't actually aware of).

I saw that the line of flying will be SAN-CLT-PDX-CLT-SAN. But I thought I remember reading on here that there was some stipulation where ground crews from the seperate airlines couldn't work each other's flights. I read something that if HP employees in PHL had spare time, and US employees asked them to help with a US flight, HP workers legally couldn't help them with their flight. Is that stipulation now gone? How are the new CLT flights operated by HP going to be handled with all US employees in CLT?

And assuming that a fair share of CLT flyers haven't been on an HP operated flight yet (unless they flew US to PHX and then onwards on an HP flight), how do you think the flights will be received? Will they find the more biz casual a turn off, or will they embrace the real plateware and cheery crew on the SAN and PDX flights?

We have real glasses, platewear on the HP. Furthermore, what "biz casual" are you talking about. We have skirt, pants, dresses, pumps, etc to wear.... The new combine uniform is dreadfull, most of us not wanting to wear it.come January 2008.. that is more than biz casual...it is like a "gym wear". This "gym wear" will not be limited to us on HP but US will wear it , too.

Your comments about HP again a "false advertising"

I don't understand the question here... why couldn't we operate into CLT. We've been there many times before with NASCAR. In addition whats the difference with east operating a lot of our flights? Flights normally operated by HP before. Not that I really care anyway :(

I don't understand the question here... why couldn't we operate into CLT. We've been there many times before with NASCAR. In addition whats the difference with east operating a lot of our flights? Flights normally operated by HP before. Not that I really care anyway :(

The difference is that the routes that East was operating in the west were cities where there were already US stations/facilities (SAN, DEN, SEA, LAX, MSP, DFW, MIA, FLL, RDU, etc.)

There has never been an HP station or an HP employee in CLT. So that was the difference and that was the question.

And to drrstrav that said I was false advertising, HP has always been more business casual than other airlines. I'm not saying its a bad thing, quite the contrary. And I was saying that maybe CLT flyers who normally fly US (not HP) would like that the new HP flights out of CLT had plateware and glassware. I am all for the HP product and have enjoyed it and found it adequate for several years.

Got it... thanks! I think we used to go into PBI a long time ago under a different regime. The CLT flyers know us by now... I always informally survey where the late connects come in from.

In the next few weeks, HP will operate EWR-CLT-PBI & PBI-CLT-EWR with A320 aircraft. HP will operate the flight four days a week and U will operate the flight the other three days with B737 aircraft. Come the July Sched Schange HP will operate the flight on a daily basis.

Do you know when these flights will start and which four days will be HP? I have some flights booked CLT-EWR and EWR-CLT and I was wondering if some of these will be changed to HP flight numbers.

And that is just the guys. :D

Looking forward to my first real HP experience, then! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.