Dennis Burchette is now head of negotiation

It appears part of the rumor about Yingst being in for Drugs or Alcohol rehab was a mistake due to him being in "rehab" from hip surgery. I was told the need for hip surgery is due to some bone disease.

So my guess is something really bad happened on the flight, he benfits suspended, but rumor grew wings over the term "rehab".

Of course if there were an ounce of accountability or honesty within our union, this whole thing wouldn't be a rumor. The facts would be known.

It appears part of the rumor about Yingst being in for Drugs or Alcohol rehab was a mistake due to him being in "rehab" from hip surgery. I was told the need for hip surgery is due to some bone disease.
That then conflicts with twu supporter ICEMAN's quote...

there is some truth to the rumors
being spread, and that it could be proven in front of
a judge, arbitrator, or panel of union members, the
fact is that there have been many AA employees from
every work group, including management, who have
exhibited drinking problems and inappropriate behavior
as passengers
. The position that every union that I
know has taken is that, in the absence of personal or
property damage, the appopriate response is not
discipline, but rehabilitation.

I really could careless about the drinking or no drinking part of the story. We pay this man $200k plus a year to represent us, not embarrass us. The least he could do is conduct himself in a professional manner in public.

And yes some accountability would help in this union. Honesty is always the best policy, something completely lacking in this union.

Considering the number of drunks, wife-beaters and assorted felons the TWU not only tolerates, but promotes, this "disrespect of stewardess" incident is just a blip on the PPI.

No new updates on our fearless leader. His travel is still showing suspended and no apology has been posted on the twu's websites. ;)

No new updates on our fearless leader. His travel is still showing suspended and no apology has been posted on the twu's websites. ;)

Looks like Gary on the right, the guy on the left could be Dennis before he lost his hair, no idea who the girl they are sharing is though. I wonder what they are celebrating?

That's the part that's aggravating. There's nothing out there that's any better than what's in place.

Don't say "not really happy with the TWU" it's more like extremely pissed and "not pleased at all".

The comments I referred to were made years ago as Dave Stewart and minions were walking through the turbine building attempting to stir trouble, hate and discontent, not at any meeting. Just trying to point out the things done to "gain support". That nonsense left many with a very negative attitude towards amfa. Regardless of the reform issue, the militant supporters shot themselves in the foot, then and many times since.

Hey Goose,

Check out the following link:
AFL-CIO Executive Paywatch

These guys are as good as ECLAT with respect to Negotiations. ECLAT actually stated that AMR had the HIGHEST LABOR COSTS PRIOR to the TWU retaining them as their "economic" consultant.

The AFL-CIO actually calculates Gerard Arpey as having made half of the pay calculated by the SEC: "In 2006, Gerard J. Arpey raked in $10,201,059 in total compensation according to the SEC. However, according to the AFL-CIO's calculation method*, he raked in $5,607,113 in total 2006 compensation."

The only way out is an internal Union whose Constitution REQUIRES the election and recall process for all Union Positions.

The AFL-CIO cannot do it, the TWU cannot do it, the Teamsters will not do it.

With each passing day, it begins to look more and more like the Maint. & Related in Overhaul have been neutered beyond return.

Speaking of...

How is old, Kirk "To the doors and stop! To the doors and stop!" Wells doing? Is he even still with AA? Ah, how the mighty have fallen.

I understand that he has left AA and is employed by the Service Employees International Union as an organizer. He also got busted in Laconia, N.H. driving drunk while spying on O.V. Delle-Femine.

Yeah, but he according to the rumor gets to do it on a flight in first class and keeps his job, imAAgine that. Anyone else would be fired on the spot, especially flying A5. He also should also be removed from his twu job and placed in bad standing. Finally why the hell does he and his wife get to fly A5 for personal travel?
What is the whole Story on this ???

The only way out is an internal Union whose Constitution REQUIRES the election and recall process for all Union Positions.

The AFL-CIO cannot do it, the TWU cannot do it, the Teamsters will not do it.

With each passing day, it begins to look more and more like the Maint. & Related in Overhaul have been neutered beyond return.

Its up to us. We are on our own. The sad part is we have to fight the very people who are supposed to be protecting us before we can fight those who we think of as the opposition.

Maint. & Related in Overhaul, at least in TUL, contributed greatly to their own decline.

AA knew what they were doing when they moved from Mike Quill's bailiwick to uh, well, Tulsa.

Latest posts

Back