United Airlines acquiring US airways ?

US will get the slots...I mean US is slowly expanding to get more Gates out of the central pier right now as AA/DL cuts down on frequency...c'mon UW please show us yo u are at least an intellectual (Sorry Mods...not a personal attack but unbelievable)

YVINtern;

Where are you getting your info from? We are not in search of more gates in DCA. Right now we share a gate with Frontier and that is the only additional gate we are likely to see for years. More out of perimeter flights are a possibility however. The airport does a gate reallocation every couple of years and considering that they just completed one, it is highly doubtful anything will change. AA and UA are not cutting back there flights as they only service their hubs from DCA. Eagle has more flights and destinations than AA Mainline. The airport is more likely to give gate space to a new entry into DCA over a legacy carrier such as US, especially since we already control 15 gates and 50% of all flights in/out of DCA

My well connected source within the sandcastle has told me it appears united is going to try and acquire our company . Everyone take a look at the stock activity of our two respective airlines , something doesn’t seem right to me … it’s been going up , both of them ….

United you can kiss my ass , I hope this leak raises the amount you’ll have to pay by a couple of hundred million .

Well then there would be one mega carrier with the most pissed employees in the airline industry followed by the 2nd most pissed employees in the airline industry. What a perfect combination. Hire another VP of Employee Culture .... quick.

That sounds interesting :up:
Hmmmm the majority will be junior to the west f/a's so you better hope that AirTran wouldn't want some sort of FORMULA and ask AFA to change it for them to take YOUR seniority away...AAAAAHAHAHAHAHA sorry couldn't resist. :lol:

Looks like we can file this thread with all the other UAL merger threads.

Does anyone know when the NEXT UAL merger thread is due to appear again - I don't want to miss it?

Don't be so sure just yet , my source told me one other bit of information , that this company would get the hat trick .... but i discounted it as being unimporant information as compared to the UAL bit ... so i'm hoping we don't get hat trick , no 150 for us please ....

Feb. 5, 2007
Dear Fellow Employee:
I’m excited to share some great news with you today. For the first time since March 2006 our Hat Trick bonus will pay employees for top three on-time performance during the month of December. But wait – that’s not all. We weren’t just in the top 3, WE RANKED #1!!!
This means employees will get an additional $50 (details are forthcoming)! My congratulations and thanks to all of you for this significant accomplishment.
2007 was a challenging year for our airline, with on-time performance that lagged our industry peers for most of the year. In December, US Airways’ A14 (arrivals within 14 minutes) of 74.5 percent outpaced the industry average (all airlines that report to the DOT) by 10.2 points. This performance turnaround is nothing short of amazing, and is a fitting tribute the hard work of the 36,000 dedicated people of US Airways. My hat is off to you, and I couldn’t be more proud to be a part of your team. What a great way to conclude 2007 by showing our customers the level of reliability that US Airways can deliver!
As always, let’s recognize our Power Play Employee for December.
•
I would like to nominate MR SO AND SO , a Piedmont Customer Service Supervisor working at PHL Express, for November Power Play Employee of the Month. Recently, SO AND SO FOUND SOMETHING in the computer system and notified the proper individuals of the problem. The issue was corrected immediately, and thanks to this decisive action, US Airways was saved from bad things

•
I would like to nominate SO AND SO , an employee in Payroll. I used to occasionally work with SO AND SO to resolve employee’s paycheck issues and she was always willing to go above and beyond. I am now a customer service instructor, and I recently had a few PHX new hires in my class that did not receive a paycheck, so of course I called SO AND SO . Although she is no longer the contact person for PHX, she was still willing to help out. She made some phone calls for me, tracked down the right person to help us out, and most importantly followed up! SO AND SO left me both emails and voicemails letting me know the progress of getting them paid! She also made sure that their paychecks were pulled out of the T-4 pile and were held in Payroll for my students to pick up.
Thanks to SO AND SO AND SO AND SO for being friendly and helpful to customers and fellow employees! Their names have been placed in our first quarter Above and Beyond drawing for up to a $10,000 prize. To nominate a Power Play employee, send an e-mail to XXXX with the subject line “Above and Beyond Nomination†and a brief explanation of why they should be a Power Play Employee for the month.
On-Time Performance
(percent of flights)
1) US Airways
2) Southwest
3) Delta
4) Alaska
5) AirTran
6) Continental
7) JetBlue
8) American
9) Northwest
10) United
On-Time Performance
We ended December with an A14 of 74.5. This is one of our best performances of the year and certainly our best ranking since March 2006. This is no doubt a sign of your dedication and teamwork.
Baggage
Baggage Mishandlings
Airline Reports Per 1,000
1) AirTran
2) JetBlue
3) Continental
4) Northwest
5) Alaska
6) Southwest
7) United
8) American
9) US Airways
10) Delta
With the holidays, the number of bags we handled increased, which also increased the number of mishandlings. We landed in 9th place for December with a ratio was 9.63 per 1,000 customers, and narrowly missed an 8th place finish. Our 9th place finish is consistent with our December 2006 ranking.
DOT Customer Complaints
Airline Complaints Per
1) Southwest
2) JetBlue
3) Alaska
4) AirTran
5) Continental
6) Northwest
7) American
8) Delta
9) US Airways
10) United
Complaints
Of course, delivering passengers on-time, with their bags helps reduce the number of complaints we receive, so with our A14 and MBR numbers dipping slightly, the number of complaints followed suit. In December, we received 84 complaints for a ratio of 1.92 per 100,000 enplanements, bumping us up to 9th place. This is our best ranking and ratio since February 2007.
A New Measure
It’s great news that we’re closing out the Hat Trick program on such a high note. Starting in January 2008, our DOT performance program, “Triple Play Bucks,†pays out a little differently but has potential for even higher monthly payouts.
Triple Play Bucks works like this: Employees will receive $50 for a first, second or third place in on-time performance, bag mishandling and consumer complaints. We earn $100 for hitting two of three, and $150 if we place first, second or third in all three DOT-measured categories. Don’t spend it yet, but early estimates suggest we might just earn more cash for January’s performance, too!!!
2008 is already off to a great start—we’ve gotten back to the basics by focusing on D0, improved reliability and we’re making great progress in the area of appearance, which means, among other things, customer convenience items like reading lights and tray tables look right and work right. Let’s keep up the great work. Thank you for continuing to take care of our customers.
Robert SO AND SO
To see the latest DOT report and previous reports, please click here or go to http://airconsumer.ost.dot.gov/reports/atcr07.htm

(end article )

oh geez we ARE going to get 150 aren't we ? #### , well guys that's it .... :(

It's been nice knowing you ! is there someway us airways can fight off an acqustion ? geez i hope so , what's going to happen to those of us here in PHX on the ramp i wonder ? If anyone knows what would go down if united took over please let me known ...
While there’s the off possibility that I could be wrong about all of this , that I give my source too much credibility , I just don’t think I’m wrong on this … wow this is totally like the titanic , this ship is going down , and most people don’t even know it yet … WOW …

one last thing to all HQ employee's , sorry hate to break it to ya , but your jobs will be moving to ORD ... just in case there were any of you there who didn't know yet ... sorry ... so says the rumor mill ..

i hope i've just gone over the deep end here and am completely wrong about all of this .

The hat trick pay out was a no brainer. Doug mentioned back at the earnings web cast we were likely to finish number 1 for otp for December. So I wouldn't be too quick to conclude your source must be right about the merger since he was right about the hat trick. Is this source in upper management who would be involved in these talks, or just a janitor that works at the Sandcastle? His position might make a difference in what we make of this.

I understand how you may feel uneasy about a UAL takeover but how does making $150US spell doom.

If they are coming then they are coming.

We're damned if we do and we're damned if we don't.

In all honesty I hope they come.

I just don't see it.

Latest posts