United Airlines acquiring US airways ?

oh geez we ARE going to get 150 aren't we ? #### , well guys that's it .... :(

It's been nice knowing you ! is there someway us airways can fight off an acqustion ? geez i hope so , what's going to happen to those of us here in PHX on the ramp i wonder ? If anyone knows what would go down if united took over please let me known ...
While there’s the off possibility that I could be wrong about all of this , that I give my source too much credibility , I just don’t think I’m wrong on this … wow this is totally like the titanic , this ship is going down , and most people don’t even know it yet … WOW …

How ON EARTH does our DOT performance incentive have anything to do with the possibility of an acquisition/merger with another carrier?

Explain, PLEASE, because your comments are not making any sense whatsoever! :blink:

I'm sorry but though United is anything close to perfect they sure couldn't mess this place up more than the America West talent has. We are THE laughing stock of the industry from legacy's to Lcc's. I say bring it on and get it over with. What will be will be. I know never say never but I just don't see it getting worse with another merger if new talent is in charge.

I'm sorry but though United is anything close to perfect they sure couldn't mess this place up more than the America West talent has. We are THE laughing stock of the industry from legacy's to Lcc's. I say bring it on and get it over with. What will be will be. I know never say never but I just don't see it getting worse with another merger if new talent is in charge.
For real right!!! I wish they would get on with it already, either do something to ease the pain or sell it and furlough my @$$ and I'll do something else in the mean time to relax, recuperate, and then come back when someone with brains can get this tragic mess back on a paved road.

The hat trick pay out was a no brainer. Doug mentioned back at the earnings web cast we were likely to finish number 1 for otp for December. So I wouldn't be too quick to conclude your source must be right about the merger since he was right about the hat trick. Is this source in upper management who would be involved in these talks, or just a janitor that works at the Sandcastle? His position might make a difference in what we make of this.

my source is not a janitor nor upper mangment , but , my source is on the side of operations that i would think would know about this kind of deal ... i don't know my source that well at all , it was a one time ommission , a mistake on their part rather in talking .... i just happned to be there.

about the 150 , my source also mentioned that we would be getting this when we talked , i just didn't pay any attention to the fact because i was too worried about united ...

ah well i suppose carefull what you wish for is correct , if it happens it happens ...

aww are you trying misinformation tiltion ? UAL says we're not in a rush to merge with ANYONE ! on the wire 17 hours ago

got ya

Hey morgan from corporate communications , ,what's the companies postion on this rumor ?

Not saying it will work at US, but Continental started it's dramatic turnaround in the form of $65 bonuses!

latest addition to this is UAL only wants East not west.

How do you know? Are you Tilton's drinking buddy? This thread is total BS. Want a Good rumor? I was out drinking with Herb Kelleher the other night, and he told me that he was going to talk Gary Kelly and WN's board into buying US. Now, that is rumor worth talking about.

It may indeed be all wishful thinking , but IF UAL was interested in any part of US , it would be the east since the west is mostly redundant with DEN,LAX and SFO and PHX and LAS don't produce enough

i just checked the UAL , IAM 141 fleet section on the union page , look what i found ..

February 4, 2008

UAL Merger Info Update

To: All IAM/UAL Members

Dear Sisters and Brothers :

Printable Version

United Airlines management requested to meet with us last week to discuss the "merger/consolidation" articles appearing in the news media, and CEO Tilton's publicly stated views around this issue of such a need to consolidate with someone, and as shared with employees on the 1/18/08 "Eye On United". The company was represented at this meeting by Pete McDonald (Senior VP for World Wide Operations) Paul Lovejoy (Senior VP General Counsel) and Tom Sullivan (Director Labor Relations - Ground) and joining me for the IAM were AGC Al Faung Jr, AGC Miriam Seewald, AGC Karen Asuncion and AGC Denny Demes.

The purpose of the meeting was to begin a dialogue with us to develop a joint process and structure that can be in place to clearly communicate with each other in the event such a merger or consolidation takes place.

While the company confirmed at this meeting their stated interests in this area ... they did not identify any particular partner at this time. We advised the company we would develop and propose a transparent process and structure that provides we be made aware of any significant progress towards a merger within the limits of the law. We further advised that when we had such a process/structure developed we would re-engage the company for further discussions and the company concurred to a follow-up meeting. We also requested should a merger take place that the company recognizes the IAM for continued representation rights, which the company declined to address at this time.

EDIT: crusher maybe right , look at this from 2000 article here ----> united to buy us airways back in 2000 , old news article

<SNIP> Hey morgan from corporate communications , ,what's the companies postion on this rumor ?

9w7v63jdb6.jpg

How do you know? Are you Tilton's drinking buddy? This thread is total BS. Want a Good rumor? I was out drinking with Herb Kelleher the other night, and he told me that he was going to talk Gary Kelly and WN's board into buying US. Now, that is rumor worth talking about.
Oh good lord, ole Herb is much smarter than that, in fact that is one airline that I can say would never touch anything US. Good morale, taking care of the employees, sound management and their decisions are some of the greatest assets of WN, none of which can be found around here, well unless Tempe has gotten to you and implanted the chip in your head.

It may indeed be all wishful thinking , but IF UAL was interested in any part of US , it would be the east since the west is mostly redundant with DEN,LAX and SFO and PHX and LAS don't produce enough

Crusher,

You may be right, it is imposible to tell what will happen, but I would just like to add that in 1999 UAL held talks about a merger with AWA.

Good luck to us all.

i just checked the UAL , IAM 141 fleet section on the union page , look what i found ..

February 4, 2008

UAL Merger Info Update

To: All IAM/UAL Members

Dear Sisters and Brothers :

Printable Version

United Airlines management requested to meet with us last week to discuss the "merger/consolidation" articles appearing in the news media, and CEO Tilton's publicly stated views around this issue of such a need to consolidate with someone, and as shared with employees on the 1/18/08 "Eye On United". The company was represented at this meeting by Pete McDonald (Senior VP for World Wide Operations) Paul Lovejoy (Senior VP General Counsel) and Tom Sullivan (Director Labor Relations - Ground) and joining me for the IAM were AGC Al Faung Jr, AGC Miriam Seewald, AGC Karen Asuncion and AGC Denny Demes.

The purpose of the meeting was to begin a dialogue with us to develop a joint process and structure that can be in place to clearly communicate with each other in the event such a merger or consolidation takes place.

While the company confirmed at this meeting their stated interests in this area ... they did not identify any particular partner at this time. We advised the company we would develop and propose a transparent process and structure that provides we be made aware of any significant progress towards a merger within the limits of the law. We further advised that when we had such a process/structure developed we would re-engage the company for further discussions and the company concurred to a follow-up meeting. We also requested should a merger take place that the company recognizes the IAM for continued representation rights, which the company declined to address at this time.

EDIT: crusher maybe right , look at this from 2000 article here ----> united to buy us airways back in 2000 , old news article

The company is obviously getting the employees ready for this merger. It was on CNBC tonight that UAL is in serious talks with CO.

Given the recent news that DL and NW are close to a deal, and UA and CO are now closer to consolidating as well, I guess this whole thread of a merger with LCC is now moot. If this current merger mania actually gets off the ground, LCC will be on the sidelines fighting it's civil war thanks to a small group of East pilots. ;)

Latest posts