Where is US Airways headed?

Fly4Free

Veteran
May 31, 2006
Wherever.
Visit site
I'm sitting here.. wondering where US Airways is headed. I want to help take a part in improving it, that would really be nice.

But.. where will US Airways be after the completing of the merger with HP? What will our focus be? Are we going to get new aircraft? Better customer service? Will everyone unite as one airline or will there still be bitterness between the old US Airways and the New US Airways?

Ask anybody form Mohawk, PSA, PI,Empire, etc....

Sort of like blues and the grays. somethings never die

Management will suck the money out of the company and into their pockets yet again and US will end up back in bankruptcy. The sad part is, I had high hopes for Dougie and team and thought they would be better than the past management teams, turns out, they are the same....out to make a buck for themselves and screw the employees!

Management will suck the money out of the company and into their pockets yet again and US will end up back in bankruptcy. The sad part is, I had high hopes for Dougie and team and thought they would be better than the past management teams, turns out, they are the same....out to make a buck for themselves and screw the employees!

I dont think that is true. I believe that people are minimizing the enormity of merging the two carriers. It's no different that the PI/AL merger, it will take time to work things out. Overall, I think we are more secure now than we've been in decades, and that is a good thing.

I also think that the contracts will be ironed out, not the way Doug wanted, but more in line with what the unions will demand.

Think positive!

Don't know, I think it's a realtive interesting question. Where is US heading??? Has anyone seen or heard any true strategic long range plans. Where is the airline supposed to be in 1 yr. 5 yrs etc??? We do see announcements of expansion, though it's small and scattered. One or two domestic cities, or city pairs announced, 1 or 2 Europe destinations, but what or where is the thinking of Management to take the airline???? All I really see is, well lets get these synergies and our bonuses up....

What ever happened to that "World Class Global Carrier of Choice" we were supposed to become?

It's headed for a merger. This airline has traditionally merged it's way out of any potential trouble and it will do it again.

I guess 3 CEO's later we are working to become the "Trailer Trash Carrier of Choice".

I agree with that, but I have to say that I think the employees of this company have a lot to do with that. Most everyone is so bitter and upset over the paycuts, loss of pensions, etc. Rightfully so, I am too, but it is not the customers fault. They just buy a ticket. Management sucked everything out of us and all because our previous managements did not create an airline that could compete in a difficult environment. How long has it been since you have seen a tired, overworked, gate agent provide excellent customer service? How many flight attendants actually perform the services they are required to (PHL-SAN with one beverage service). Rampers and ground staff that work at a pace conducive to getting a flight out on time..the list goes on and on. All of this bad customer service results in a trailor trash airline. I think it is time to move on, forget the past. I tell myself everyday, when I go to work for only 1.70 more than my starting pay in 2000 with a 1359 duty day and a 0930 overnight, that we did not get here overnight, and we won't improve overnight. I just hope for the best. I truly think we have outstanding employees, I just wish everyone would do what they are supposed to do-take care of the customer. By doing so, we will create the airline we used to be....

I agree with that, but I have to say that I think the employees of this company have a lot to do with that. Most everyone is so bitter and upset over the paycuts, loss of pensions, etc. Rightfully so, I am too, but it is not the customers fault. They just buy a ticket. Management sucked everything out of us and all because our previous managements did not create an airline that could compete in a difficult environment. How long has it been since you have seen a tired, overworked, gate agent provide excellent customer service? How many flight attendants actually perform the services they are required to (PHL-SAN with one beverage service). Rampers and ground staff that work at a pace conducive to getting a flight out on time..the list goes on and on. All of this bad customer service results in a trailor trash airline. I think it is time to move on, forget the past. I tell myself everyday, when I go to work for only 1.70 more than my starting pay in 2000 with a 1359 duty day and a 0930 overnight, that we did not get here overnight, and we won't improve overnight. I just hope for the best. I truly think we have outstanding employees, I just wish everyone would do what they are supposed to do-take care of the customer. By doing so, we will create the airline we used to be....
You're still doing a beverage service on PHL- SAN? I haven't served on that flight in years.... :lol:

I agree, as usual its just cruise along until a merger. We're still waiting for the big one, America West was just a starter. US will never grow on its own... its hubs arent strong enough, and no matter who the management they have always had a fear of using of thier own airplanes/moving into larger airplanes/competing with other airlines. They just want to suck the money out of it until it can be absorbed into another airline where the strenths can be part of a bigger strength... A merger is inevitable, I wish they would just get it over with.

As far a brand or product US doesn't have one. They are just the trailer park network airline with the disjointed route system, more express service than mainline, plastic cups, very little international, torn up dirty airplanes with no amenities, and a super-senior bitter work force.

I agree, as usual its just cruise along until a merger. We're still waiting for the big one, America West was just a starter. US will never grow on its own... its hubs arent strong enough, and no matter who the management they have always had a fear of using of thier own airplanes/moving into larger airplanes/competing with other airlines. They just want to suck the money out of it until it can be absorbed into another airline where the strenths can be part of a bigger strength... A merger is inevitable, I wish they would just get it over with.

As far a brand or product US doesn't have one. They are just the trailer park network airline with the disjointed route system, more express service than mainline, plastic cups, very little international, torn up dirty airplanes with no amenities, and a super-senior bitter work force.
Really? I thought you were junior.... :unsure: