Where is US Airways headed?

You could look at it this way, if the merger would not have happened, what would the east employees or even the west be doing right now? Everyone is pissing and moaning about mgmnt cashing in, doing this doing that...if your so unhappy move on...it is as simple as that. Corp america is set up so mgmnt cashs in, it has been that way for years and will continue to be like that. Maybe if half the people in here complaining went to school got their degree and applied themselves, they could be sitting in the cat-birds seat running a big company and cashing in...
Actually alot of us have a degree of some sort, I have a 4 year degree and came to work for the company pretty much right out of college, I actually went off line for a year and was in management, I hated every second of it simply because I love the crazy schedule and gypsy lifestyle and disliked the 8-5, M-F routine. As for trying to nonrev somewhere on Friday night and back on Sunday or Monday morning, well forget that. Besides I would sit in my office watching the planes fly by thinking I belong in there and not in here.

As far as "If you don't like it then move on" well I'm sorry I'm a little sick of hearing that too, while it is a little annoying to hear constant bitching, I think it's alot more productive to have everyone turn that into "If you don't like what is going on then we ALL need to get invlolved and use that energy to try to do something to change it." I think if you love this job and truly are committed to this then quitting is just the easy way out. Even in the middle of the 2nd BK (and pretty much hitting bottom) I was proud to say where I worked and that hasn't changed.

VERY well said USstew. I don't have to quit my b!tching and move on. I AM all for collectively getting together and taking a stand on issues that we find needs improvement. I too took a leave and felt that I belonged up there rather than down here. True, we have seen much destroyed in our careers since 9/11 or well, a little before actually but I refuse to believe that NOTHING will ever be gained back. I am proud of being a f/a and love the job and lifestyle that comes with it. We are obviously NOT here for the money. I believe while the job will NEVER be what it was some of what we lost can be restored.

I never understood people saying US does not have hubs located in large cities. US has such a large presence in DCA,LGA, BOS and PHL and they should play to those strengths. Instead of ramping up the mainline presence DCA, LGA and BOS are full of RJs. I know DCA is slot restricted but those cities should be a major focus of the mainline fleet.

I couldn't agree more. We gave all our flying away to Jetblue, Airtran, Delta and so on from the northeast and florida. It's funny how we couldn't make money on those "leisure markets" yet others do. BOS and LGA should definately be ramped up a bit more than they are today.

I never understood people saying US does not have hubs located in large cities. US has such a large presence in DCA,LGA, BOS and PHL and they should play to those strengths. Instead of ramping up the mainline presence DCA, LGA and BOS are full of RJs. I know DCA is slot restricted but those cities should be a major focus of the mainline fleet.

I think only certain members of US management team say that US does not have hubs in key cities. Just look at how much UA was willing to pay for US back in 2000/2001. Even now, there are a number of airlines that would love to have what US has in BOS/LGA/DCA. Why US doesn't or can't leverage this I don't quite understand.

Being from the west and then to the east I think that the most toxic people have left the east side of the company. The west side of the company brings a much needed change of attitude. They have people who are not happy with thier circumstances however they are far less jaded than the remnants of the "highest pay to the last day" folks who I hope are enjoying thier new jobs.

yES, being ignorant and happy is far better than standing up for your rights and trying to improve your circumstances. :wacko:
Nope, the "toxic" are still here. Bwa haa haa.
If people blatently lied to you would you be ok with that? Find a way to justify the injustice? In your own mind? Yes,be COMFY with that. Good for you. Much "happiness".

Latest posts