Why no contract from the Association?

Status
Not open for further replies.
IMG_2749.JPG

I have a feeling that al and wees has been removed from the forums. I will say this is much better without them posting here. Haven't seen them post or anyone quoting them (thank God) for several days now. A much, much better forum to follow. Thanks to all who are responsible for it.

Oh would you people please stop crying already. I'm thinking about moving on from here because "I" want to. And it has nothing to do with any weenies that think I'm hurting their widdle feelings sniff sniff.

When you mention people you're just asking for it. So stop asking for it.

Last edited:
I does make for quicker scrolling...

Hi. Still here. How are you? Nice to see you. Thumbs up.

I know, I know. The Association, AMFA, Half pay sick day, IAMPF, Fleet controlled, Industrial Union, Blah Blah Blah Blah.

2016:

2.3 Mechanics per Aircraft SWA
10 Mechanics per Aircraft UAL
11 Mechanics per Aircraft DL
16 Mechanics per Aircraft AA

http://web.mit.edu/airlinedata/www/default.html

These people here don't care at all about NUMBERS.

Here you go again TWU suck boy. Your cut n paste doesn't tell the entire story. You've had your stool pushed in on this topic at least twice. There is no breakdown on job titles, and the "and relateds" that are included in our numbers are not all FAA licensed AMTs. As was brought up previously, we don't do the hiring, obviously management felt the headcount was necessary. The fleet types that each airline have, AA has over 12. AA has an LMP program, last I heard SWA didn't. AA has a lot more ETOPS flights. These things drive need for headcount. Bottom line, using headcount to justify paying us less, with inferior benefits isn't going to fly again.

Reactions: 1AA
Here you go again TWU suck boy. Your cut n paste doesn't tell the entire story. You've had your stool pushed in on this topic at least twice. There is no breakdown on job titles, and the "and relateds" that are included in our numbers are not all FAA licensed AMTs. As was brought up previously, we don't do the hiring, obviously management felt the headcount was necessary. The fleet types that each airline have, AA has over 12. AA has an LMP program, last I heard SWA didn't. AA has a lot more ETOPS flights. These things drive need for headcount. Bottom line, using headcount to justify paying us less, with inferior benefits isn't going to fly again.

I'm not Isom am I. He's the one who mentioned something about all the jobs you had at a Town Hall, not me. He wasn't addressing Fleet Service.

So Vort from your last line it sounds to me like you're more than willing to dump jobs to make more money if that winds up being the case?

Does the Company care if you have an FAA License or not when they're comparing in house Maintenance costs? AA does have other Maintenance professionals besides just Airline Mechanics you know.

I'm curious. Let's see if any of you would be honest here (No way in Hell IMO)

If you Airline Mechanics could make an extra $5.00 per hour more than the top paid in the industry out there, would you dump Facilities and Automotive?

No job cuts for FAA Certified Line Mechanics or Overhaul.

Weez what I don't get is why your group is so doggone concerned with my group. Why does our desire for different representation matter to you?
On the whole, our group does have it good. Yes, we make more than the median income. So does the fsc group, by a lot! That's not to say we definitely deserve better. This current concessionary cba is unacceptable.
I see your hypothetical as trying to drive more of a wedge. Our facilities folks could walk out the door tomorrow and not have a problem finding comparable work. The hours may be longer. The conditions not as good, but they can easily earn the same amount of money. Would I personally vote away those jobs for another $10 grand a year? I'd like to say no, but I guess it would depend on what we are looking at as a whole. I know the AMT group has certainly been sacrificed over the years.
Honestly Weez, you seem like an intelligent guy. Why worry about our group? You very rarely if ever see us sticking our nose in your business. Personally, I think you and Albert just like stirring things up.
The sacrifice pay for jobs bus has left the bus station. We have been there done that and they still cut jobs. I want what is best for the AMTs.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1AA
hog212, in reality it's only a hand full (if that many) of Fleet that is concerned or really care about your group. The majority of us think you deserve more and should get every penny of it. I personally do and also don't mind if you guys have your own union. I'm too concerned about fleet and what a JCBA holds for us.
Good luck and keep on plowing...just take smaller strokes with that brush. ;)

Weez what I don't get is why your group is so doggone concerned with my group. Why does our desire for different representation matter to you?
On the whole, our group does have it good. Yes, we make more than the median income. So does the fsc group, by a lot! That's not to say we definitely deserve better. This current concessionary cba is unacceptable.
I see your hypothetical as trying to drive more of a wedge. Our facilities folks could walk out the door tomorrow and not have a problem finding comparable work. The hours may be longer. The conditions not as good, but they can easily earn the same amount of money. Would I personally vote away those jobs for another $10 grand a year? I'd like to say no, but I guess it would depend on what we are looking at as a whole. I know the AMT group has certainly been sacrificed over the years.
Honestly Weez, you seem like an intelligent guy. Why worry about our group? You very rarely if ever see us sticking our nose in your business. Personally, I think you and Albert just like stirring things up.
The sacrifice pay for jobs train has left the bus station. We have been there done that and they still cut jobs. I want what is best for the AMTs.

dvlhog it's a bunch of your guys here who keep saying for some reason that I care about who you want to represent you. I REALLY don't. I just don't like when BS is trying to be sold on anything. AND I don't like when some of your guys want to put down my group acting like they're some kind of over educated, prima donna, rocket scientists when they absolutely are not.

I'll make this easy. My group has plenty of dim wits and your group has just as many as mine. Besides that FAA License I don't really notice much of a difference overall. Trade Schools don't teach anyone to be Rocket Scientists.

BTW again thanks for the civility. Maybe some other people should try it and I wouldn't counterpunch them so hard?

And what you wrote came off as very sincere. Thumbs up.

hog212, in reality it's only a hand full (if that many) of Fleet that is concerned or really care about your group. The majority of us think you deserve more and should get every penny of it. I personally do and also don't mind if you guys have your own union. I'm too concerned about fleet and what a JCBA holds for us.
Good luck and keep on plowing...just take smaller strokes with that brush. ;)
AANOTOK if all of us were like you there would be no problems at all. You are a true union man. Your comments and opinions are always welcome as far as I'm concerned.

dvlhog it's a bunch of your guys here who keep saying for some reason that I care about who you want to represent you. I REALLY don't. I just don't like when BS is trying to be sold on anything. AND I don't like when some of your guys want to put down my group acting like they're some kind of over educated, prima donna, rocket scientists when they absolutely are not.

I'll make this easy. My group has plenty of dim wits and your group has just as many as mine. Besides that FAA License I don't really notice much of a difference overall. Trade Schools don't teach anyone to be Rocket Scientists.

BTW again thanks for the civility. Maybe some other people should try it and I wouldn't counterpunch them so hard?

And what you wrote came off as very sincere. Thumbs up.

But here in Oz we need that paper and surely not a brain :cool::po_O

I'm curious. Let's see if any of you would be honest here (No way in Hell IMO)

If you Airline Mechanics could make an extra $5.00 per hour more than the top paid in the industry out there, would you dump Facilities and Automotive?

No job cuts for FAA Certified Line Mechanics or Overhaul.

I'm saying that we have been down this road - more than once - with the TWU and the company. Bottom line, when the company wants to cut headcount, they are gonna do it. So, there is no point in agreeing to accept less - to maintain headcount on an empty promise from the company. We can't write it off as a charitable donation either. Facilities and Automotive are not my concern, I wish them all the best. BTW, did you know fac maint actually has a higher base pay than the AMTs? Some more of that good old TWU hating on the AMTs.

I'm saying that we have been down this road - more than once - with the TWU and the company. Bottom line, when the company wants to cut headcount, they are gonna do it. So, there is no point in agreeing to accept less - to maintain headcount on an empty promise from the company. We can't write it off as a charitable donation either. Facilities and Automotive are not my concern, I wish them all the best. BTW, did you know fac maint actually has a higher base pay than the AMTs? Some more of that good old TWU hating on the AMTs.
TITLE 2 guys are not going anywhere unless the company outsources both departments system wide. The NMB has ruled that they are together with Title 1 class and craft catagory. So we are all for one and one for all as the saying goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts