Why?surviving Carrier Empl Suffer

justaumechanic said:
Ah no, dovetail is not DOH.. DOH is DOH.. So if 10 guy got hired on 10/10/87
6 of them US and 4 AWA they would all have the same seniority within 10 numbers.. If you dovetail it would be a one for one with two of the original US people falling behind the AWA people..

Dont misunderstand.. Dovetail is what it is. DOH is what it is.. They are not the same thing.
[post="299587"][/post]​

Do you know what a percentage dovetail is? I do. I have lived through it with FTL/FEDEX. It is the same kind of history with the Freddies being a much , YOUNGER AND THE SURVIVING COMPANY. Look up the history on the internet, I don't have to I am still living it.

Like it or not US would soon be gone without the INVESTORS AND ANOTHER AIRLINE...

Now if you have upper level management like Wolf shape a company to sell or one like US who totaly take it to the ground it does not matter.

Take your pick you would be gone or percentage dovetail.

mwa said:
you may be right as far as the future - but those investors were not jumping up and down to help AAA w/o AWA.
[post="299454"][/post]​

Sky high states: THOSE INVESTORS came out of the woodwork because of the CHEAP LABOR WORKFORCE. THREE Rounds of CONCESSIONS got them, jumping.

Not that ANYONE has any idea but I have a question after reading what I just did. If US would be gone if not for this merger (HP and it's investors) which is probably not far from the truth. Where would HP be or where would they end up? At the bottom of who's list? I don't know what M&A provisions either cargo carrier had so I can't comment on that. As far as the f/a group at either carrier, it's pretty cut and dry. Not to mention AGREED TO before any of this merger business was ever thought of between the two carriers US and HP. HMMMMMMMM interesting.

mwa said:
Aside from the comments of those with an entitlement mentality - why should the employees of AWA suffer negative effects from a merger with a company that is certain to be liquidated w/o AWA's help?
It seems to me that the AAA emplyees should be grateful to have an opportunity to keep working. I am aghast that some feel they should have any say at all in this.
If you allow this you are supporting an archaic system that is allowing labor unions a chance to filch your careers.
[post="299441"][/post]​

You and your opinion are a joke buddy! You couldn't be more uninformed! DATE OF HIRE pal! Get used to the idea.

looks to me like the 3 rounds of concessions did not accomplish investor enthusiasm but rather the prospect of allowing AWA to manage the assets. face it, AAA is not attractive ie it would die on the vine w/o the merger. AWA, on the other hand had no problem lining up financing for expansion. so - while i considered that the assumption of a future BK for AWA was possible - i would back up and also point out that it is not necessarily probable. my biggest objection to what i am reading is the hubris of the AAA employees - no gratitude and a me first approach.

airlinedivalish said:
WRONG!  If it weren't for Doug Parker and our management team convincing the investors, US would be liquidated by now and SWA would have gobbled you up! AWA and the investors are the saviour, so don't be ungrateful!
[post="299601"][/post]​
There is only ONE savior, and he isnt at America West or US Air.
If you think Doug is your's, you need some R and R.
Pick up some financial threads and read what Doug said about the future of AWA if it had not been for this merger. AWA would be heading down the bankruptcy road (again). Where are you getting this attitude? You are sooooo off base. Leave these people along--they didnt make the merger decision; Please!
This is a business decision that is THE BEST for us at AWA and US Air. Think about the other possibilities--and where all of us at AWA would be had it not been for this merger.
WHERE IS YOUR GRATITUDE?

hulagirl said:
There is only ONE savior, and he isnt at America West or US Air.
If you think Doug is your's, you need some R and R.
Pick up some financial threads and read what Doug said about the future of AWA if it had not been for this merger. AWA would be heading down the bankruptcy road (again). Where are you getting this attitude? You are sooooo off base. Leave these people along--they didnt make the merger decision; Please!
This is a business decision that is THE BEST for us at AWA and US Air. Think about the other possibilities--and where all of us at AWA would be had it not been for this merger.
WHERE IS YOUR GRATITUDE?
[post="299742"][/post]​

spoken like a true senior "mama" or a fraud :shock:

lax said:
[post="299806"][/post]​

Or someone employed at AWA and also on the U seniority list who might have plans to make out quite well seniority-wise...

However, she is not a fraud. She was posting on the AWA FA site and decided to leave that site over reactions she was getting from other AFA FA's.

lax said:
[post="299806"][/post]​

Sorry--neither fits me. If I were a "senior mama" I would probably be a little more "scared" than I am . Fraud? Hardly. As for where I came from, totally irrelevant. :)

hulagirl said:
Sorry--neither fits me. If I were a "senior mama" I would probably be a little more "scared" than I am . Fraud? Hardly. As for where I came from, totally irrelevant. :)
[post="299833"][/post]​

How about simply.... because in labor, "it is the right thing to do".

hp_fa said:
Or someone employed at AWA and also on the U seniority list who might have plans to make out quite well seniority-wise...

However, she is not a fraud. She was posting on the AWA FA site and decided to leave that site over reactions she was getting from other AFA FA's.
[post="299807"][/post]​
Like I said on "Route 66" forum, you cant have a decent debate with emotion at the helm--2 different sides of the brain (left for thought process, right for emotions). I left the AWA forum because very few people were thinking about what they were saying; they were throwing out emotional responses that dont even make sense.
I find it interesting that at the 11th hour, AWA flight attendants are in a panic.For what? You can read it, hear it, be told it, but still insist that the crazy rumors are true.
It doesnt matter where I came from, who I used to work for, etc. I am an AWA flight attendant now. And in a couple of weeks, the US Air flight attendants are going to be our co-workers. Personally, I am looking forward to meeting new people, having new experiences, and learning from THEM. There is NOTHING TO FEAR!
Enjoy life. It can be very short. B)

airlinedivalish said:
WRONG!  If it weren't for Doug Parker and our management team convincing the investors, US would be liquidated by now and SWA would have gobbled you up! AWA and the investors are the saviour, so don't be ungrateful!
[post="299601"][/post]​

And didn't Doug Parker also tell you all that HP was in *serious* financial problems as well???

Stop acting like HP is the *ONLY* airline around girlfriend.

We're all hurtin & loosin oodles of cash.

I'm starting to find some very *VERY* selfish HP employees here. This merger is about combining networks. And its about *YOUR* management, which we all agree is BETTER, running our airline as well.

Our jobs are at stake. Southwest is terrorizing our yields and our hubs. Parker & Company has been able to successfully compete with Southwest and we NEED him to SAVE us. Note I said PARKER & Co.

HP was in the same boat we were.. remember the early 90s with Beauvis and Conway? Franke? ......

I want to keep my job as badly as anyone else and I'm proud of USAirways, regardless who is at the controls. We have a kick-ass network that's about to get even larger & more competitive. We have employees that give a #### when others don't.... and the spirit of our past carriers (Piedmont/PSA/Allegheny) live on everyday, regardless of the abuse of former lousy CEOs.

no one is saying that this cannot be a synergistic relationship. also do not forget to take into account doug's rhetoric as just that. he wants the deal and will say anything to get it. all i am saying is this: step back a moment and consider that demanding something that does not belong to you may be supported by organized labor but may not be right.

mwa said:
It seems to me that the AAA emplyees should be grateful to have an opportunity to keep working.
We should indeed all be grateful, but to whom? Have you ever been lectured that you should be grateful? How did it make you feel? AWA didn't hire me out of the kindness of their hearts. If they don't need me anymore they'll furlough me. If I should find a better employer and it benefits me I'll quit. That's how business works.

Being ex-TWA I had the pleasure of being told by AA employees that I owed them gratitude for a business decision of their employer. AWA is not USA's savior and they don't owe us a thing! I fully expect them to negotiate for the best deal for them and we'll do the same. We all deserve the best but we'll get what we can negotiate otherwise what the arbitrator awards us.