Why?surviving Carrier Empl Suffer

Bear96 said:
This is an innocent question on my part too, since I don't know the answer for sure. But was HP even looking for investors? It seems like U was, in the form of exit financing in order to exit BK. But I don't remember that HP had a particular need for a massive loan the way U did. If so, your point is not very relevant -- investors wouldn't have been "tripping all over themselves" to lend money to HP if HP wasn't seeking that.
[post="304303"][/post]​

What I really don't understand is the point of this question you raised. No, at merger announcement time, HP had not requested a major loan like US Airways did. But, unlike HP, US was/is still in bakruptcy so you're talking apples and oranges. When HP and US were more like apples, they both went to and received ATSB money. Something your airline failed miserably at doing. So I'm questioning the relevance of our post.

ebwgs said:
What I really don't understand is the point of this question you raised. No, at merger announcement time, HP had not requested a major loan like US Airways did. But, unlike HP, US was/is still in bakruptcy so you're talking apples and oranges. When HP and US were more like apples, they both went to and received ATSB money. Something your airline failed miserably at doing. So I'm questioning the relevance of our post.
[post="304498"][/post]​
United didn't get the loan because US was about to default on their loan and they got nervous about giving another one. If US had never got the loan than United probably would have. But it actually worked out well for us anyway so no biggie.

So I'm questioning the relevance of our post.

Correction: I meant to say the relevance of your post. Of course I was referring to the airline you work/worked for. B)

Fly said:
United didn't get the loan because US was about to default on their loan and they got nervous about giving another one. If US had never got the loan than United probably would have. But it actually worked out well for us anyway so no biggie.
[post="304504"][/post]​

Actually that's not true. UA failed the first time because their exit plan was flawed and unworkable. They failed the second time, not because of US, but because the ATSB felt that there WAS capital available in the makets, and that they didn't think it was necessary for the taxpayers to foot UA restructuring.

hp_fa said:
As of now I know of NO AWA FA who intends to bid PHL, or any other U domicile.

You know, the way some folks keep mentioning the International stuff sounds like a used car salesman hawking lemons.

Keep your International.
[post="304489"][/post]​
I respectfully must disagree with this. I have talked and worked with a number of AWA flight attendants who CANNOT WAIT for the fence to come down so they can put in a transfer bid. Plus, let us wait and see what happens in the next 2 years...there are several hints of a future merger (after this one).

The End said:
If you would care to look at the court filings you would see that USair group is the new holding company and the stock is USair stock. AWA is suppling in part the management. So I really don't see where AWA is the surviving company. AWA stockholders are getting US stock. It seems to me that it is more of a consolidation of two airlines than a takeover. The End
[post="300084"][/post]​

Not to beat a dead horse - but AWA stockholders and US creditros are not getting US stock - they are getting LCC stock with a conversion factor of .41 LCC stock for every 1 HP stock. Current US stock will no longer be valid and current stock holders will recieve none of the new LCC stock.

In my eyes that seems to be a merger with a new company (LCC) being created from the death of two airlines.

multitasker said:
There is also one factor that seems to be not spoken of. That issue is the US Airways is still under the watch of the bankruptcy court. Under bankruptcy law all collective barging contacts can be set aside. Also all leases for facitilities and aircraft can be ended or renogicated.

I have not seen or read the POR that US Airways has presended to the bankruptcy court. So if anyone has read it and seen it please post a link to find the information. The court hearing is Thursday September 15th.

Those of us at AWA shoud be thankful that Doug Parker is still at the helm of the new USAirways. His comment today at the AWA shareholders meeting is to bring the SPIRIT of the AWA employees to the new company. It is the employees of AWA that have kept AWA flying. Not that USAirways people have not done the same, but those of us who have been here 15 years or longer have put our heart,soul and MONEY into AWA to make it the only carrier to survive deregulation. We don't want to see our work go down in vain.
[post="300271"][/post]​
I beg the differ, the f/a's at US have poured blood, sweat and tears into keeping this airline flying. I am back on reserve after 20 yrs due to the already downsizing, ty very much. Not to mention the 42% wage and benefit cuts i have taken over the past 4 yrs. So please do not think for a minute that we dont have alot invested in our airline.

proudf/a said:
I beg the differ, the f/a's at US have poured blood, sweat and tears into keeping this airline flying. I am back on reserve after 20 yrs due to the already downsizing, ty very much. Not to mention the 42% wage and benefit cuts i have taken over the past 4 yrs. So please do not think for a minute that we dont have alot invested in our airline.
[post="304952"][/post]​

Hope you didnt have any stock options

ClearedToPush said:
Hope you didnt have any stock options
[post="305380"][/post]​

not no but HELL NO... I realize I am just a mere flight attendant, but I am far from stupid! Been in this biz long enough to know do not invest your $$$ in an airline...much too much of a risk... :D