win win for U labor

Or, when a hydraulic line turned loose on a just-taxied up 737, the leaking fluid spraying on the hot brakes and catching fire, got the fire bottle and suppressed the fire? All while the manager stood right there on the ramp with his thumb up his wazoo. Who has yet to thank me.

BIG RED,

Sorry but all the B.S. you just wrote about will not fit on any job application. I would guess your age to be 50 or so, just how many companies are banging on your door to have you come work for them.

Actually, many of us 'little guys' are under the thumb of a jerk -it's U corporate policy. While he plays his little chicken***t games between flights, he has the good sense to disappear when real work shows up. And we're too professional to take him out on you, or our customers.

Unfortunately, U interprets professionalism as weakness.

Diogenes,
I can't buy into the concept that how much I'm paid determines the quality of my work. That is determined by the individual's work ethic IMHO.

A320 Driver

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/9/2003 8:36:57 AM A320 Driver wrote:

Diogenes,
I can't buy into the concept that how much I'm paid determines the quality of my work. That is determined by the individual's work ethic IMHO.

A320 Driver
----------------
[/blockquote]
-----------------------------------------------------------

That's a noble sentiment that I happen to agree with. However, I think we both agree not everyone shares that sentiment - we live in a 'what's in it for me' society.

In the comic strip Dilbert, the character Wally states "the company increased my responsibilities while decreasing my salary. I responded by increasing my insolence while decreasing my productivity. Equilibrium is restored!"

Like all good humor, it's funny while providing an insight into our natures.

I have watched OA express operations. I know what I'm seeing. There is a difference.

[blockquote]
----------------
On 1/8/2003 9:44:57 PM BottomFeeder wrote:

BIG RED,

Sorry but all the B.S. you just wrote about will not fit on any job application. I would guess your age to be 50 or so, just how many companies are banging on your door to have you come work for them.

----------------
[/blockquote]
Sorry you consider it to be BS. Just trying to point out that you get what you pay for.
You are right. I am over 50...matter of fact, over 55 so I can hang up the hat any day. I love the job, and am dedicated to it, that's why I'm still here.

Oh, and for your information, I have also worked some in air cargo, and have had several companies/owners to tell me that the day I choose to retire to call them...they have a job offer. I will be honest, I have no idea what the salary would be...haven't cared to inquire, because I prefer to work where I am.

If you have read my previous post, you will see that I feel that although we are in a no win situation...A yes vote is the only real option.

Piney Bob...sir, and I use that lightly, my blood pressure goes up when I think of how I would like to reply to you. I don't think it wise of me to reply at all. Thanks for flying with us.

Bob,
Sorry you have gotten this kind of treatment. I am glad to say that I worked for a company, that except for 12 years out of 36 made me want to come to work every day. Now I am sad to say, most of the agents feel as you do....IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. Most feel (agents) that we just don't matter. It is at the point that the way we vote... really doesn't matter. (and I still plan to vote YES!)
As I have stated in other posts, until my last day (whether I leave by choice or otherwise) I shall do the job to the best of my ability. I just hate to be belittled. I hate being told that I am stupid...should vote this way or that way. I too have learned some lessons along the way. I learned when our pilots went on strike in the early 70's to save and prepare for the rainy days. My surviving does not depend on US Airways surviving. I hope it does survive though, for my co-workers sake.
I wish you well in your career. Again, thank you for flying US Airways.