IAM grievance hearing today?

what I would like to know is why the IAM isn't moving forward in an expeditious way with the grievance like it said it would. The arbitrator's office themelves said May 14th was penciled in.
One phone call from your company to the IAM and the arbitration gets put off again while 'more' negotiations are scheduled for June?

regards,

You got it,I thought the lifetime privledge was after 15 years of service,am I wrong.Anyway dont buy this company drivel.drooooool duggie drooool....... :up:
I thought that it was 20 years and above, but I'm not sure. I had over 25, so I didn't pay much attention to what the bottom number was.

http://www.iam141.org/PDF/US%20Airways/USA...Enh.1-11.05.pdf

Here is the link to the 2005 language governing furlough for fleet.

I am unaware of any amendment to this, and it would seem since US emerged from BK, this would remain the controlling language.

The letters now being mailed contradicts this language.

I would recommend not signing until this matter is clarified.

And it would be a good time for IAM to step up, get this resolved and notfiy the membership - even if they are on furlough.

You are correct,its wrong to send out the letters.IAM should respond.The company should stop negotiations on the floor and the ramp also.But them VP's need to do something,trash talkers all.

You are correct,its wrong to send out the letters.IAM should respond.The company should stop negotiations on the floor and the ramp also.But them VP's need to do something,trash talkers all.
Key word "Respond". Exactly when has the IAM EVER responded?

Why is 141 negotiating in June and waiting another month? Why not do any action, including arbitrate or negotiate, in May? WHy did they delay arbitration? Why sit and do nothing and let May pass right by?

IMO, and I have said this before, the IAM has absolutely no intention to arbitrate. All I have seen Canale do is sing like a Canary [The singing canale?] but come up with 'goose eggs'.

regards,

Has any date been set yet,the last update says when a date is set they wil let us know.Come on guys were waiting.

Has any date been set yet,the last update says when a date is set they wil let us know.Come on guys were waiting.
Pre the man sitting to my left who is on the negotiations team for LAS NO Date has been set at this time. allstrike you will get a e-mail from him as soon has he knows. :up: He will be in transition negotiations May 21-24 :up:

I got mine today as well. I would like to know what the deal is with this since were were supposed to have
"Lifetime" flying benefits when were were furloughed. I had more than enough time with the company to qualify. I for one will NEVER sign-off on my recall rights. I agree 100% that something is in the works, and these Scumbags want to eliminate a few more senior people before they get a chance to come back to work. <_<
Our Negotiations Team Member would like to see that letter can you send me a copy?

Travel_ltr..jpgHere is s scanned copy of the letter...
For some reason it isn't very clear when enlarged..Sorry

View attachment 5965Here is s scanned copy of the letter...
For some reason it isn't very clear when enlarged..Sorry
Well I could read enough to say,screw this.They want to use the 65 point formula with a minimum of 10 yrs service.And dont want to give any thing else.

The pre merger letter says 15 yrs service period.Why retire when you can fly for free forever till your able to get your pension bennies.

The union needs to address this who came up with this junk.More negoiateing through the mail...this suckss i wouldnt do it.
Hold out for the arbitration to get settled,and the transition aggreement.
I think if you takee this 65 plan,the company will screw you out of anything gained from the present talks going on.

JMHO to he!! with this.

Latest posts