Wisconsin and Minnesota: A One-Sided Political Competition

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
AA - ?   An early out, too good to pass up !    ( Ka-ching)  !
Bears, you can certainly explain away leaving AA, but what about textiles and the docks?

delldude said:
FWIW, I remember him saying he couldn't collect UC because he was terminated in RTW state. That sure sounds like someone was looking for a 'handout'.
RTW has nothing to do with unemployment law.

In Texas and many other states, if you're terminated for cause, unemployment can be denied by the State, even if the employer doesn't challenge it.

It does and it doesn't. No cause is needed to terminate and the TWC is a puppet of employers. When going through the process I kept waiting for Boss Hogg to show up.

eolesen said:
Bears, you can certainly explain away leaving AA, but what about textiles and the docks?

Jesus Eric.
I'm surprised that you asked a question that YOU already have the answer(s) to.

Textiles ?   The owners ran as fast as they could to the MORONS who would work for 'peanuts', in the SOUTH.
You didn't forget the  " J P Stevens unpleasantry's " did you Eric ?

" On the Waterfront " ?............ Containerization..m' man.

Ms Tree said:
It does and it doesn't. No cause is needed to terminate and the TWC is a puppet of employers. When going through the process I kept waiting for Boss Hogg to show up.

Thought you said you wouldn't take a handout?

ico.jpg

eolesen said:
Perhaps he was against handouts after he was for it and denied?
I was pretty sure I had enough reserves but depending upon how long it would take to find a replacement job I wanted a fall back. I ended up getting a job very quickly and did not come close to depleting my reserves.

Hey speaking of RTW, even with a GOP controlled legislature, New Hampshaaaaaaaa yet again....SHITT canned RTW.
Two Replug Senators jumped in to save the day. (Probably because they knew Gov. Maggie Hassan had the V-pen all 'warmed-up')
And speaking of Gov. Hassan, the KOCHcaine brothers are already pouring money into our lil' slice of heaven to desperately try to save (R) Sen. Kelly Ayotte's job, by bashing Gov. Hassan at every turn.

Hey Eric, didn't the KOCHcaine bros. learn that NH is NOT FOR SALE ala Sen. SHAHEEN   ??????????????????? 

NewHampshire Black Bears said:
Hey speaking of RTW, even with a GOP controlled legislature, New Hampshaaaaaaaa yet again....SHITT canned RTW.
Two Replug Senators jumped in to save the day. (Probably because they knew Gov. Maggie Hassan had the V-pen all 'warmed-up')
And speaking of Gov. Hassan, the KOCHcaine brothers are already pouring money into our lil' slice of heaven to desperately try to save (R) Sen. Kelly Ayotte's job, by bashing Gov. Hassan at every turn.

Hey Eric, didn't the KOCHcaine bros. learn that NH is NOT FOR SALE ala Sen. SHAHEEN   ??????????????????? 
Bears............. you are always good for a laugh. 

Bears, the more you try to make RTW all about the GOP, the dumber you look.

The industrial unions did this to themselves.

Research has shown that job growth in RTW states has averaged 8% between 2003 and 2013, while it was around 4% in closed-shop states. Minnesota can point to its great record up until now, but what are you going to do if Wisconsin does bounce back the way Michigan and Indiana seem to be?

I'm guessing there are other factors involved beside RTW such as tax breaks, environmental exemptions to mention a two.

Research has shown that job growth in RTW states has averaged 8% between 2003 and 2013, while it was around 4% in closed-shop states. Minnesota can point to its great record up until now, but what are you going to do if Wisconsin does bounce back the way Michigan and Indiana seem to be?
That would imply that labor has somehow precluded WI from "bouncing back" in the first place. I'm not seein' it.

Let's also remeber that Walker's first campaign traded on a promise of 250,000 jobs. Well, where are they? What's he waiting for?

IMHO, labor's mistake in Badgerland was a 1-2 punch. First, tehy chose the electoral path over direct action. At the same time, they allowed the right to drive the public vs. private sector wedge.

Second, they put up two absolutely lukewarm candidates in Barrett & Burke.

Walker's an idiot, but he's not dumb; he knows how to whip epople into a visceral frenzy (or at least his handlers do, anyway), and as we all know, facts tell, stories sell. They've done a great job at convincing just enough people to ignore the reality of their surroundings in favor of his manufactured narrative.

It took a quarter or two for impacts of the state collective bargaining bill to be seen with the state and municipal unions, Kev.

FWIW, the site where he signed the bill announced 20-50 new manufacturing jobs would be created in Wisconsin vs. offshore:

The CEO said his company had ordered $2.5 million in equipment to produce a new product line, and that the equipment and jobs would have been installed in a Badger Meter plant in Nogales, Mexico, if the right-to-work law had failed.
Calling this anti-worker is great rhetoric, but it's just that -- rhetoric. Unions weren't banned; they just need to show that they're worth joining. Seems to me that the ability to fire the union will keep them more honest than simply being a dues collection agency.

Latest posts

Back