WN Cuts Some Long-Haul Routes

Here's something fun for you to try...look back at the upgrade/downgrade history for just about any airline stock, along with it's corresponding stock price. Had you followed the advice of these wizards of wall street, you would have invariably bought high and sold low.

Are you saying Baker is lying that SWA would have not lost money in 8 of the past 16 quarters without hedging? Because if you are denying that fact then you might want to read also that SWA, or DDA as I prefer, admits it would have lost money in 5 of those quarters but disputes the other quarters.

How many times has it been said that SWA would have lost money without hedging to only be bashed by those DDAites that say that is not true. Yet the company ADMITS it is true. Loyalty and reality are not a combination that mixes with this group I suppose

Are you saying Baker is lying that SWA would have not lost money in 8 of the past 16 years without hedging? Because if you are denying that fact then you might want to read also that SWA, or DDA as I prefer, admits it would have lost money in 5 of those years but disputes the other years.

How many times has it been said that SWA would have lost money without hedging to only be bashed by those DDAites that say that is not true. Yet the company ADMITS it is true. Loyalty and reality are not a combination that mixes with this group I suppose

I really hope you aren't a pilot. If you are, it's sad that UA's standards have sunk so low that they cannot hire someone who is able to distinguish between years and quarters.

I really hope you aren't a pilot. If you are, it's sad that UA's standards have sunk so low that they cannot hire someone who is able to distinguish between years and quarters.

My apologies for the typographical error, it has been corrected. However, you still will not acknowledge the facts of the loss, nor will you apoligise for lying earlier. I certainly hope you are not a SWA employee but with your integrity I guess you must be.

My apologies for the typographical error, it has been corrected. However, you still will not acknowledge the facts of the loss, nor will you apoligise for lying earlier. I certainly hope you are not a SWA employee but with your integrity I guess you must be.

Not a WN employee. What lie did I make?

It's not a typo, you were too busy whacking it to even slightly negative WN news to realize that they were only talking about the last 4 years. You not only made it in several posts(every post you mentioned it in since you posted that note from the analyst), but if you think that's what a typo is("an error in printed or typewritten matter resulting from striking the improper key of a keyboard, from mechanical failure, or the like." per dictionary.com), then I REALLY hope you aren't a pilot at UA.

Either way, as I have said before, WN made a smart business decision. They got savings from fuel rather than labor, unlike many other airlines across the country, some that had to even file for Ch. 11 in order to make the deep cuts they wanted.

Not a WN employee. What lie did I make?

Glad you concede that SWA would have lost money had it not been for hedges. That is the standup way to do things and you did..........Oh wait, cancel all of that. You are still toiling at the bottom of the ocean with the whale poo.

Typical.

Glad you concede that SWA would have lost money had it not been for hedges. That is the standup way to do things and you did..........Oh wait, cancel all of that. You are still toiling at the bottom of the ocean with the whale poo.

I don't remember claiming that, not saying I didn't. You have a post from me?

Are you saying Baker is lying that SWA would have not lost money in 8 of the past 16 quarters without hedging? Because if you are denying that fact then you might want to read also that SWA, or DDA as I prefer, admits it would have lost money in 5 of those quarters but disputes the other quarters.

Whats the deal with the hedging issue mags? It was a brilliant business move that has kept us profitable. What is so wrong with that? Lets say hypothetically that you are correct with regards to the profit issue. Southwest becomes unprofitable. To alleviate this problem swa reduces wages. How does this benefit you(mags) in the long run.

I see it as effectively trimming the fat. Thus putting SWA into a better situation financially. I would assume that the already struggling legacies would have to go through another round of pay cuts to survive.

From ATW:
Routes to be dropped in early July include Baltimore-Los Angeles, BWI-Oakland, Chicago Midway-Orange County, Cleveland-Phoenix, LAX-Philadelphia and OAK-PHL. Dropped effective yesterday was El Paso-Midland/Odessa. Services to be added beginning early next month include flights from Denver to Seattle (four-times-daily), Albuquerque (thrice-daily), Amarillo (twice-daily), Austin (daily) and Oklahoma City (twice-daily), plus thrice-daily Birmingham-New Orleans service and a daily OAK-Tucson flight.
by Aaron Karp

Aaron needs to learn how to read a calendar. The route changes take place in Oct/Nov, not July.