375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am back. needless to say . what ever uproar this thread caused i am glad to hear that people will be returning . once again . i am sorry if i put anyone through any anxiety or stress. it's out . furloughedagain, you did beat me to the punch . but that's cool. it was good news. i just want to clarify something. if i post something on here . i make sure that i do my homework before i post. i do not post b/s. i go to the source to get my answers . then i post if given permission to post. i was not given permission to post the exact numbers for the recalls and displacemnts by my source because the company nor the union had made an announcement yet. all i said was that something was up with the 375 openings in phl. everyone specualated. some jumped on me (which is ok .this is usaviation .what do you expect?)the end result is that we have our friends coming back to work with us. it's been way overdue. welcome back. can't wait to fly with you guys.

what a hard decision for my friends that chose to go to Phx. we've all been through so much and you guys will figure it out together... any of you who were MDA know how we stick together so let us know if you want to come back east and we'll open our homes/crash pads. lets all please help our friends who left mda or other employment for phx but now they can be really recalled.

I feel so bad for those who are in PHX and may have made different choices had they known the info beforehand. I find it hard to believe (not actually!) that the company waited until the last possible moment to announce such a large number of recalls. Surely they had to have had a heads up long before now. But the first day of class and those guys are hit with this. I feel bad for them. Hang in there - we are thinking of you and support you all......

The cards that I played cost me $2000+ and a 6 month lease. If we knew that this recall was going to be so soon and so large we all would have played our cards differently. This is what you don't understand because you are not here! We don't want a pity party we just want to fly. We do not want people holding information that is cruical to decisions concerning our lives! nyprincess has every right to voice her opinion and feel the way that she does. YOU are not here!! We are!!

Couple of points for you an nyprincess,

1. You need to get your head examined! Moving across country away from family/friends, spending $2000+ of your own money for F/A pay to sit on reserve. For a company that is losing money. :unsure:

2. What if they cancelled the recall to the east, what will you do? Think about it. :shock:

3. You must love this business a lot :up:

Good luck to you both hope it works out for the best.

Couple of points for you an nyprincess,

1. You need to get your head examined! Moving across country away from family/friends, spending $2000+ of your own money for F/A pay to sit on reserve. For a company that is losing money. :unsure:

2. What if they cancelled the recall to the east, what will you do? Think about it. :shock:

3. You must love this business a lot :up:

Good luck to you both hope it works out for the best.
dude ,don't start bashing our company. we are doing far better than the other guys ( except southwest) .

what a hard decision for my friends that chose to go to Phx. we've all been through so much and you guys will figure it out together... any of you who were MDA know how we stick together so let us know if you want to come back east and we'll open our homes/crash pads. lets all please help our friends who left mda or other employment for phx but now they can be really recalled.
That's one thing I'll miss the most from mda...we will always be family no matter how they seperate us! Thanks so much for your support I really appreciate it and so does all the other mda f/a who came to phx

even though we started at mainline ill ALWAYS be proud of MDA. that was our heritage!!!

cant wait to see all of you back!

Well, I got a call from a fellow flight attendant...he heard (while in SJU) of all places that we bought/acquired...whatever 25 a/c from United Airlines and will be starting a huge South American market.

Any one know the truth???
That would be nice, but????

Hey etops...they will be doing a recall of f/a. Mike was at was in phx to see us...he offers us the option to go back to leave and wait to see if we will be recalled. There will be a recall of around 300 at first. The union had the nerve to come in and tell us this information and give us 2 hrs to make a decide on staying or going.
Maybe you should back off, Mike is trying. If it wasn't for him you may not have had any choice at all. If you're going to be mad and point fingers then try doing it at the people who make these decisions not the ones who do their best to protect you and your job. I wish people would give him some credit, he is in a really hard spot and from what I was told today, it was not him that said to decide by noon it was someone from the company. I know this must truly be difficult for those people who want to go back east but complaining and making yourself miserable (not to mention getting everyone else all stirred up) is not going to help your cause. I hope everything works out for you.

Maybe you should back off, Mike is trying. If it wasn't for him you may not have had any choice at all. If you're going to be mad and point fingers then try doing it at the people who make these decisions not the ones who do their best to protect you and your job.

Mike doesn't make these decisions. He gets his approval and direction and authority from the LECs of the MEC.

i am back. needless to say . what ever uproar this thread caused i am glad to hear that people will be returning . once again . i am sorry if i put anyone through any anxiety or stress. it's out . furloughedagain, you did beat me to the punch . but that's cool. it was good news. i just want to clarify something. if i post something on here . i make sure that i do my homework before i post. i do not post b/s. i go to the source to get my answers . then i post if given permission to post. i was not given permission to post the exact numbers for the recalls and displacemnts by my source because the company nor the union had made an announcement yet. all i said was that something was up with the 375 openings in phl. everyone specualated. some jumped on me (which is ok .this is usaviation .what do you expect?)the end result is that we have our friends coming back to work with us. it's been way overdue. welcome back. can't wait to fly with you guys.

Etops, I hope you understand that I am just playing with you,:p and I do look forward to working with you wherever that may be.

As to all the other "naysayers" Unless you are "in our shoes" I do not believe you can comment. No one's looking for pity partys, just venting and opining like we're supposed to at this board. They have every right as do you. But those who went to PHX, did so at a tremendous sacrifice and cost and deserve just "a little" respect. More importantly, many apparently are from MAA, they derserve even more so because of the crap they've been put through!

Those of you who luv to fly ... who have that jetfuel in their blood ... understand the realities (how crazy it is) of what we "need" to do.

In addition, there ARE those that are loyal to U, however messed up it is. It is no different anywhere else.

The cards that I played cost me $2000+ and a 6 month lease. If we knew that this recall was going to be so soon and so large we all would have played our cards differently. This is what you don't understand because you are not here! We don't want a pity party we just want to fly. We do not want people holding information that is cruical to decisions concerning our lives! nyprincess has every right to voice her opinion and feel the way that she does. YOU are not here!! We are!!

Correct! You are there because you CHOSE to be, I am NOT there because I CHOSE to wait for an East Recall (however long that might take). Nobody knew when, or how many, or how soon Recalls might be at East, but we all made decisions based on what was best for ourselves personally. We both received the same Bid Form in the Mail and read the stipulations that were spelled out in Black and White, "a US Airways Flight Attendant who accepts a position at America West may be required to forego recall to US Airways for up to 365 days".

Believe me when I say sincerely, I do not envy the decision that has been put before any of you, but anyone that has been around the Airline Business as long as we have knows that things can change quickly and that there are no guarantees.

Would you prefer not to have been given a choice at all (albeit at the very last minute), only to start Training and then have this announcement made the day after? Then you would be stuck at West and we'd probably be hearing, "If only they told us yesterday, we all would have left".

You are certainly free to express yourself, as we all are. My point is, either move forward with your plans to attend West Training and accept your choice in your heart, or say forget it, take your chances on a Recall and head East...and hopefully we'll meet out there on the line sometime soon!

Honestly and truly, I wish everyone the best of luck with whatever personal decisions they make going forward.

3 new 757's, summer Europe flying out of PHL, normal attrition and the VFLR's get you very close to that exact number published.

Seems to me that all the MDA fa love being f*cked over because they keep coming back for the abuse. then when its over they whine and cry about it before they go back for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts