375 openings for f/a's in phl for june

Status
Not open for further replies.
The union had the nerve to come in and tell us this information and give us 2 hrs to make a decide on staying or going.

ATTITUDE check!! The COMPANY is the one dragging their sorry ass on getting the info out TO you before you can make a decision that may behoove you!! Mike is saving your ungrateful butt from perhaps being comitted to West for a year and giving up your senority while those junior to you are on the senority list. If you want to stay, fine, but don't make it sound like the union was dragging their butts.

I agree but East had to hear it from West???? I mean really .... Oh well.

That's still the best news we finally get in Writing!!!

OK, now what about those who have accepted training BUT WHO HAVEN'T STARTED YET? I guess I should contact AFA.
It is ridiculous. Mike told us that he found out late thurs night so the earliest he could tell us and give us a "heads up" was this morning. He was going to find out what he could do about getting us out of our leases if we decided to move back. Which we never got the information or papers for that. He said he would be back for a q&a session which he never did. He pretty much booked out of phx or so it seemed to us.
If you are in the future classes for usair-west I believe you will get the opportunity to forgo coming here. If you're not then why did he come to phx to talk to us and give us that opportunity.
I think it's wonderful that the company and union decided to come and tell us first, cause they think it's only fair that we know before we make the decision to stay! Do you really think we drove 35+hrs to turn around and go back to sit and see if we get called back?

ATTITUDE check!! The COMPANY is the one dragging their sorry ass on getting the info out TO you before you can make a decision that may behoove you!! Mike is saving your ungrateful butt from perhaps being comitted to West for a year and giving up your senority while those junior to you are on the senority list. If you want to stay, fine, but don't make it sound like the union was dragging their butts.
I'm sorry are you in phx? WE all aready know that we are staying in phx for a year...which is no big deal and we will not be giving up our seniority over in the east.

It is ridiculous. Mike told us that he found out late thurs night so the earliest he could tell us and give us a "heads up" was this morning. He was going to find out what he could do about getting us out of our leases if we decided to move back. Which we never got the information or papers for that. He said he would be back for a q&a session which he never did. He pretty much booked out of phx or so it seemed to us.
If you are in the future classes for usair-west I believe you will get the opportunity to forgo coming here. If you're not then why did he come to phx to talk to us and give us that opportunity.
I think it's wonderful that the company and union decided to come and tell us first, cause they think it's only fair that we know before we make the decision to stay! Do you really think we drove 35+hrs to turn around and go back to sit and see if we get called back?
I'm sorry are you in phx? WE all aready know that we are staying in phx for a year...which is no big deal and we will not be giving up our seniority over in the east.

Being a new hire in the class that started today, I hope ya all stay you seem like a fun group and I would love to train with ya and fly with you. But, if you decide to go back, I do understand.

JMM

It is ridiculous. Mike told us that he found out late thurs night so the earliest he could tell us and give us a "heads up" was this morning. He was going to find out what he could do about getting us out of our leases if we decided to move back. Which we never got the information or papers for that. He said he would be back for a q&a session which he never did.

NY princess ... It's too bad and I really feel for you that this happened .... bad timing! I for one would not want to be in your shoes, especially in light of the negative comments of certain posters herein. :down:

I believe the LAST thing you are is ungrateful.

I would not depend upon anyone getting you out of your leases. And even in the end there's nothing definitive to say that you will get recalled :shock:

Keep us posted of your ideas and thoughts and GOOD LUCK TO YOU!

PS. It just posted on E-Line! Sorry Etops.... beat ya to the punchline! LOL :ph34r:

NY princess ... It's too bad and I really feel for you that this happened .... bad timing! I for one would not want to be in your shoes, especially in light of the negative comments of certain posters herein. :down:

I believe the LAST thing you are is ungrateful.

I would not depend upon anyone getting you out of your leases. And even in the end there's nothing definitive to say that you will get recalled :shock:

Keep us posted of your ideas and thoughts and GOOD LUCK TO YOU!
Thanks and good luck to you on you if you decide to come here. Were pretty much going to stay. It would cost to much for us to come back and wait for us to go back to usair-east in june(if that happens). I could still be at maa right now with a job, but can't go back since I've already left. They made us resign so no unemployment for us if we leave now.

Princess-

You know what? AFA could have just LET YOU START TRAINING and not even told you about the upcoming East Recalls, but to be fair, you were notified anyway. You knew full well when you signed and sent your Form in that if there should be East Recalls then you would be bound to the West for a Full Year and yet now you want to have a pity party?

Listen Sweetheart, the ONLY reason the rest of us are waiting on a formal announcement is so that THOSE OF YOU WHO ELECTED TO ACCEPT a position out West are given every chance to go wherever you please. I understand it's a difficult position to be put into, after making plans to be in PHX, but you played your cards and now have to play the hand you've been dealt.

Don't hold it against the rest of us that chose to sit and wait for an East Recall. No crying about it now.

I am in phx right now. We are the first class coming from the east and heard from the horses mouth that what etops1 was trying to say is true. I would rather stay here in phx because if I come to east I will sit on reserve for the rest of my life but here in phx I will be able to hold a block no later than 2 years. It's unfortunate we were told this information the day of orientation however this will go in our favor. The thing that upsets us the most is this was thrown to us today without any heads up. We might have made a different choice given the facts.

P.S. Would everyone please stop bashing etop1 since now you know he wasn't teasing you. He is the one trying to give everyone the heads up!!!

RECALL OF US AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTENDANTS
JUNE TRANSFERS AND POSSIBLE DISPLACEMENTS IN PIT AND CLT
TIMING OF THE COMPANY'S DECISION AND ANNOUNCEMENT
Accessing The Hub
AFA Local Numbers

RECALL OF US AIRWAYS FLIGHT ATTENDANTS

The Company plans to announce tomorrow that staffing models indicate the need to recall a significant number of Flight Attendants. Management has indicated that the number of recalls could be as high as *600 to US Airways (East) during 2006.

The recall will be in two phases. Initially, the Company has indicated they will recall between *320 and *370 Flight Attendants to be on line in June and an estimated *50 Flight Attendants to be on line August. The remainder will be recalled during the fourth quarter of 2006. Recall notices will be sent out to all involuntary furloughed Flight Attendants within the next few weeks. If the recall quota is not met from within the involuntary furloughed group, notices will then be sent to flight attendants on other furlough programs beginning with the extended voluntary furlough group.

Although a recall in 2006 had been mentioned by the Company at various times in the past year those discussions were speculative in nature and certainly never indicated a recall of this magnitude. With the additional European flying announced last month, additional aircraft on order and Flight Attendant attrition the Company now believes this recall will address their staffing forecasts. While I am certainly overjoyed that up to *600 hundred of our fellow members may be offered a recall I am concerned as a large number of reserves are currently not getting their time in. The Company calculations that led to their decision have not been fully explained.

JUNE TRANSFERS AND POSSIBLE DISPLACEMENTS IN PIT AND CLT

As you know the May transfer bid has been rescinded and a new bid has been posted for June. Obviously the numbers appear a bit staggering. The announced increase of 375 positions for Philadelphia started a number of rumors, among which was the Company was closing a base or bases. There are no plans to close any base at this time. The Company has, however, made the decision to "right-size" the bases. Most of the additional flying during 2006 is planned for PHL. The new European flying being added this summer in addition to the traditional seasonal European flying along with increased domestic flying per the recently released May pilot bid makes the staffing additions in PHL necessary. Additional staffing increases are necessary in LGA, BOS and DCA to cover the existing and planned flying and the projected attrition rate. As mentioned in a previous ELINE, PIT flying will only be decreased by two primary lines as a result of the pilot bid. That decrease will be offset by increased secondary lines. Both PIT and CLT have been overstaffed for quite some time. In the past the Company has been reluctant to displace as the process is both expensive for the Company and traumatic for the affected Flight Attendants. The decision has been made to displace *100 Flight Attendants from PIT and *50 Flight Attendants from CLT.

The sequence of the "right-sizing" will be as follows: transfers, displacements and then recalls. The transfer bid closes at 12:00 noon, Saturday, March 18, 2006. The transfer bid form is available on theHub and can only be submitted electronically. Displacements in PIT or CLT will be offset by any transfers out of PIT or CLT. If displacements need to occur they will be governed by Section 18 of our contract. We will be putting out additional displacement procedures and policies once any necessary displacements are announced. Once the transfers and possible displacements have been processed, furloughed Flight Attendants will then be recalled into the vacancies created as a result of such transfers and possible displacements.

The Company's goal is to have the transfer and displacement procedure completed in time for each affected Flight Attendant to be able to bid for the June bid month in their new base.

TIMING OF THE COMPANY'S DECISION AND ANNOUNCEMENT

The Union was informed of the staffing decisions last Thursday evening. We were told the Company would announce the news on Friday during a media session in PHX. The Union was asked to delay any announcement to our membership until the Company announcement had been made. Apparently the Company plans for the announcement changed and the announcement is pending.

This decision to recall to the East has an additional direct impact on those involuntary furloughed Flight Attendants that have accepted a position at America West per the Transition Agreement. The Transition Agreement negotiations began in September 2005 and concluded in early January 2006, prior to the Company decision to purchase aircraft and add flying to Europe. The Company was informed by the Union that pursuant to the agreement it was our position that any Flight Attendant who had not commenced training would not be subject to the 365 day "hold" in PHX. The first class began today. In the opening session, which I attended, the involuntary furloughed US Airways flight attendants were informed of the recalls to the East and have been offered the choice to remain in PHX, or not commence training and return to the East if recalled. The Company will notify the involuntary furloughed US Airways Flight Attendants scheduled in the next classes of the recall potential and those affected will be offered the same option.

Any additional information from the Company regarding staffing decisions will be relayed to you as soon as possible.

*These are the numbers given to me by the Company today and are subject to modification. Normally I would not be putting out information ahead of the Company but in light of all of the rumors and the fact the Company relayed this information to the involuntary furloughed Flight Attendants this morning I feel compelled to inform the entire membership.
Thank you,

Mike Flores, President
US Airways Master Executive Council

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Princess-

You know what? AFA could have just LET YOU START TRAINING and not even told you about the upcoming East Recalls, but to be fair, you were notified anyway. You knew full well when you signed and sent your Form in that if there should be East Recalls then you would be bound to the West for a Full Year and yet now you want to have a pity party?

Listen Sweetheart, the ONLY reason the rest of us are waiting on a formal announcement is so that THOSE OF YOU WHO ELECTED TO ACCEPT a position out West are given every chance to go wherever you please. I understand it's a difficult position to be put into, after making plans to be in PHX, but you played your cards and now have to play the hand you've been dealt.

Don't hold it against the rest of us that chose to sit and wait for an East Recall. No crying about it now.

The cards that I played cost me $2000+ and a 6 month lease. If we knew that this recall was going to be so soon and so large we all would have played our cards differently. This is what you don't understand because you are not here! We don't want a pity party we just want to fly. We do not want people holding information that is cruical to decisions concerning our lives! nyprincess has every right to voice her opinion and feel the way that she does. YOU are not here!! We are!!

We don't want a pity party! WE all feel everyone needs to know what's happening over here. If we would have been given this information that I'm sure the company knew about before offering everyone to go to phx some of us would have made a different decision. You play your cards and I'll play mine...I just felt everyone needs to know what's going on here.

Princess-

crewgirl has said it all!!! I don't think there's anything else to say!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts