AFA Thread 4/13-5/3 All AFA issues discussed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just DO NOT understand for the life of me why people don't vote. Do they realize how this looks in the eyes of the company? It shows that we are NOT UNITED and we don't give a damn enough to vote. They see the union members as divided, unconcerned and overall spent. We are viewed as weak and with no backbone. For Gods sake people get on the F'n phone or internet and use your voice. 26% pathetic! ! ! ! :rant:

I just DO NOT understand for the life of me why people don't vote. Do they realize how this looks in the eyes of the company? It shows that we are NOT UNITED and we don't give a damn enough to vote. They see the union members as divided, unconcerned and overall spent. We are viewed as weak and with no backbone. For Gods sake people get on the F'n phone or internet and use your voice. 26% pathetic! ! ! ! :rant:

Apathy may be why many don't vote, but it is still no excuse.

We didn't get a much better turnout for the vote out west, I think it was like 30% or something. Glad to know everyone is so concerned about the future. :rolleyes:

Ok people....if you haven't already done so be sure to make sure your friends vote. If for anything else to show the company we DO give a damn. The company doesn't care whether we vote or NOT. What the company DOES care about is WHO gets in. Today is the deadline.

The Council 70 Results:

President: John McCorkle
Vice President: Grace Jones
Secretary: Omar Bryant

I guess the "ticket" wasn't the "ticket".

It's posted on the AFA website.

I am shocked!!!!

Well, rather than everyone coming on here bashing the outcome...........let's just move forward and demand of this group that we WANT TO BE HEARD!!!

Congrats to those who won.

The Council 70 Results:

President: John McCorkle
Vice President: Grace Jones
Secretary: Omar Bryant

I guess the "ticket" wasn't the "ticket".

It's posted on the AFA website.

Disappointing. Very disappointing.

Graf/Elias could have shaken things up and really made a difference in Council 70. Instead...I guess it will be more of the same, the Reserves will continue to have no voice in Council 70, and we will continue to have apathy and no progress from McCorkle and Company. Way to go Philly. This was your chance for real change and you blew it.

I don't think it was so much "the ticket not being the ticket" as "you expect nothing you get nothing". Once again PHL had a chance to take back it's collective voice and failed. Now I don't want to hear anyone complain on the line. You got what you apparently deserve.

So Much For The DREAM TEAM!! HA!! :lol:

People don't vote because they see no results either way. What the majority wants will be voted down by the LECs if presented anyway, so it's all wasted effort. As for PHL, the whole thing has turned into a joke, it's a middle school popularity contest that involves the same 10 or 15 people and their endless, overdramatic, tiresome email chains that have more to do with personal drama and less to do with flight attendants. No ones cares about this drivel except the people involved, and it's just become annoying white noise in the background while absolutely nothing gets accomplished. I've been in nearly every active base, and this is not the case everywhere, bases like DCA and LGA, and formerly PIT, kept their membership informed and included, and most importantly that the members were the union and the officers representatives for them. Never felt this way in PHL, just the opposite.

The voter turnout is very disapointing, but the office has lost credibility with the childish personal drama, and the disconnect with flight attendants starts at the very top. There's a HUGE group of disenchanted flight attendants that are very organized- one only has to look at the MDA lawsuit or the multiple message boards for angry reserves that have sprung up, or the high readership and response F/A related content on this website gets. This stuff all came from disatisfaction with the company, followed by even less satisfaction with an out-of-touch, good old girl's union. You have an MEC who is condescending to F/As and makes them feel like they are not part of the union at all, much less an equal or important part.

Disillusionment creates apathy. Nothing new here...

Once again, voter apathy. Huge base-horrible turnout and a real embarassment. What kind of message does this send to your PHL leadership, let alone the company? :angry2:
Can AFA make voting any easier?

If you didn't vote, you have NO right to complain. :down:

This is absolutely horrible and quite disgusting. Not regarding WHO won but the fact that the flight attendant group is THAT disconnected. It's really quite sad. You will most certainly come across hardly anyone who will admit they didn't vote. It was said that the company doesn't care how many of us vote but WHO gets in. Well I bet this looks great to the company......a group of disconnected, tired, and overall not concerned group of flight attendants. VERY SAD and the base overall should be ashamed. It's over and we now need to move on and make damn sure the elected are held to the highest standard. I guess that won't happen either. Oh well.

Hi Everyone- Lets just take a breath and look forward. While low turnout, the council voted. Let me be the first to congratulate the officers in Philadelphia and Grace Jones. There is an oncoming train and if we don't pull together as a group then we are all going to wonder what hit us. I hope the new administration will listen to our concerns as a group; act accordingly and most important communicate with us often.
Again, congratulations to those taking office July 1st and good luck.

Michael Elias
PHL

:lol: HA Pull together as a group? :lol: We can't get a handful of people to vote. People will just complain and complain. I sure do hope this team is MORE vocal and understands (including John) that YOU work for ME. You are representing ME and I will NOT be subject to a council that doesn't communicate. I want you to fight tooth and nail and CUT THE CRAP of being a bit nice in hopes that you can get something in return down the road. It hasn't worked well up to this point. You have members to represent and they better hear from you. Get the show on the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.