AFA Thread 4/13-5/3 All AFA issues discussed here

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is disgusting to see how few people actually took the time to vote. Is this why we get crappy contract after crappy contract? If you can't even vote for someone who is going to be representing you for the next 3 years, then are you really going to vote for a contract we might eventually get to vote on? At least I took the time to get online and cast my ballot.

Sincerely,
Ashamed in PHL

Member mobilization is so important right now. Low voter turn out indicates a very "un-mobilized" group. Tempe sees these results, the same as we do. The only way things are going to change is for every member to ENGAGE! Campaign promises are not the answer, member involvement is. Not much was said about what the candidates would do to bring members into the fold, rather what the would "do" for you, and that is not the answer! The leadership must now step up to the plate and re-engage the membership, and move this thing forward. I hope these same people that said, "I am going to", will now be out there ensuring the membership is educated on the contract. No member should call their local and say "Can they do that?" The should call and say "This is what they (management) did to me, and it violates this part of the contract, so what are we going to do about it?" When we achieve that level of member engagement then we will be a force ready to "move this thing forward!" I hope that all the candidates, winners and losers, will do their part to ensure this happens.

Baja,
You are not right :lol: You are great and I would not take anyone else in to represent me! The best!

FIRST of all let me start off by saying that NOT everyone involved in the union or wanting to be involved are trying as to be in a beauty contest. There are a few that ran that are TRUE unionists and wanted to do GOOD for the people. Ya know, be the voice for those that CHOSE not to vote but will rely on YOU the union to get their @$$ out of hot water or an unfair issue. I don't think it's fair to lump all those that ran all under the same umbrella. So they won....well Bush got elected for a second term too.
As for nobody saying anything about engaging the group......only YOU can engage yourself when your a union member. I'll say no more.

Pretty disappointing.

I don't think I'll be on this site again; talking about this issue.
There's just no point anymore.

Luck to all... the airline will be going through some rough terrain in this next year.

Pretty disappointing.

I don't think I'll be on this site again; talking about this issue.
There's just no point anymore.

Luck to all... the airline will be going through some rough terrain in this next year.
Extremely disappointing.

The industry is about to spin out of control, the lack of experience that was just voted in will have a serious side effect to all of us. If you think this vote means nothing to you because you aren't based in PHL, get a clue. You cannot feel sorry for the PHL base, you get what you vote for. If you didn't vote because, " I don't know any of these people." I'm pretty sure you don't know anyone running for President of the United States but you still vote, you vote for the person you feel is the most qualified and experienced to make a difference. I read the campaign letters in the AFA window box in the B6 crew room. A few people running had some excellent information, a few had some pretty incredible qualifications as well as union experience. None of which were elected, obviously people did not read the campaign letters and make an informed and intelligent decision.

I will say best of luck to those elected, and best of luck to those based PHL. I will also say thanks PHL for once again proving you are the weakest link in our chain. Thats pretty sad.

it is too bad that hardly anyone voted, especially since you can do it in your own house online. i'm disappointed that Graf and Elias didn't get in office. i think if it like this- if i ever have a mandatory meeting for doing something wrong, who would i want in the office helping me out- i would want one of those two. they have ball$ and aren't afraid to speak their mind. our group deserves what they get by not voting.

FIRST of all let me start off by saying that NOT everyone involved in the union or wanting to be involved are trying as to be in a beauty contest. There are a few that ran that are TRUE unionists and wanted to do GOOD for the people. Ya know, be the voice for those that CHOSE not to vote but will rely on YOU the union to get their @$$ out of hot water or an unfair issue. I don't think it's fair to lump all those that ran all under the same umbrella. So they won....well Bush got elected for a second term too.
As for nobody saying anything about engaging the group......only YOU can engage yourself when your a union member. I'll say no more.
People need to be challenged to engage themselves! We need to switch from a service model union to a mobilization model. That starts with union leaders who support such an idea. Give people a reason to engage and they will! It's the whole give a man a fish...or teach him to fish, type thing.

I Can see All The <JM> Hate Mongers On Here ( And you ALL know who you are) Just waiting To BASH Him For The Next 3 Years! Look, Your "Dream Team " Lost! People Voted (albiet a low turnout) And The Winner Got Double The Votes Then TG..MOVE ON!! All Your Negative Bu@@ Sh%% Did NOT Work! :down:

I Can see All The <JM> Hate Mongers On Here ( And you ALL know who you are) Just waiting To BASH Him For The Next 3 Years! Look, Your "Dream Team " Lost! People Voted (albiet a low turnout) And The Winner Got Double The Votes Then TG..MOVE ON!! All Your Negative Bu@@ Sh%% Did NOT Work! :down:
PHLfa, in general, you are more of a "hate-monger" on these boards than anyone else I've seen. I'm sure most everyone would agree with me.

On another note, does anyone know where there is a printout of the voting totals for each candidate?

PHLfa, in general, you are more of a "hate-monger" on these boards than anyone else I've seen. I'm sure most everyone would agree with me.

On another note, does anyone know where there is a printout of the voting totals for each candidate?

COUNCIL 70 ELECTION RESULTS
The following candidates have been elected to serve for the term of July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2011:

LEC President: JOHN MCCORKLE

LEC Vice President: GRACE JONES

LEC Secretary: OMAR BRYANT

LEC Council Rep: RICK CANGEY

The results of the voting are as follows:

LEC President:
John McCorkle - 402
Terry Graf - 223
Rod Norwood - 34
Chuck Ransdale - 24

LEC Vice President:
Grace Jones - 405
Michael Elias - 270

LEC Secretary:
Omar Bryant - 203
Dan Sampey - 182
Janet Linton - 159
Kim Kaswinkle - 128

LEC Council Rep:
Rick Cangey - 295
Brian Morgan - 275
Michael Higgins - 77

I think there is NOTHING more to say about this vote. I will leave something for ya to ponder about John winning though. Bush was elected twice too. I shall say NO MORE. Hate mongers. Now if only the Pot could meet the Kettle PHLFA88. Wow...... :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back