American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What’s sad is all here who want to see a vote with hopes of getting a deal mean squat to the idiots who hold all the power.
With the thousands I’ve pumped into the IAM over the years mean nothing compared to what I’ve lost over the last two years in pay and benefits. And no matter how big a signing bonus we get I will never get that money back.

If this goes past the next few months we will be done for years to come as AA begins to focus on other contracts. This is how much our so called union leaders care about the rank and file, we are nothing but dues members building their accounts

Your contract only became amendable 8 Months ago so you haven’t lost anything over 2 and a half years.

And the Associations position is full retro back to that amendable date.

well I hope the company pony's up to get the iam memberrs out of their pension, give us all a raise, a 401k contribution, signing bonus and iam medical. They can use our prefunding.
So, the LUS has/had medical refunding? Supposedly the LAA employees/post 11/2012 retiree's have their own little medical pre-fund account funds safely tucked away. We even got a statement/disregard that statement several years ago verifying our amounts. I'm still waiting on MY COMPANY MATCH either being sent to me by check or allowing me to use MY COMPANY MATCH funds to make medical premium payments.

Your contract only became amendable 8 Months ago so you haven’t lost anything over 2 and a half years.

And the Associations position is full retro back to that amendable date.
According to the company info on jet net the proposals that have been posted was on the table almost 2 years ago so yes 2 years of lost wages and benefits you can spin it anyway you choose.
Again point being we who pay these guys salaries have no voice we are stuck with their BS videos and being told to expect a long summer.
It’s time to vote and let our voices be heard

So, the LUS has/had medical refunding? Supposedly the LAA employees/post 11/2012 retiree's have their own little medical pre-fund account funds safely tucked away. We even got a statement/disregard that statement several years ago verifying our amounts. I'm still waiting on MY COMPANY MATCH either being sent to me by check or allowing me to use MY COMPANY MATCH funds to make medical premium payments.

That issue is still open. In the video you heard Tom Regan mention the 1114 regarding Retiree Medical and he was talking about us.

According to the company info on jet net the proposals that have been posted was on the table almost 2 years ago so yes 2 years of lost wages and benefits you can spin it anyway you choose.
Again point being we who pay these guys salaries have no voice we are stuck with their BS videos and being told to expect a long summer.
It’s time to vote and let our voices be heard

There are multiple dates for multiple items if you go back and look. The wages you are looking at today did not exist 2 years ago. There was no SWA Agreement for you to even think about much less get excited and drool about.

We need a card drive get a vote and hopefully send the association packing. And have our own union and separate negotiations with our interest and not that of greedy association that is fighting for its life to keep the iampf. And get rid of the United board member who has his best interest and not ours.

I actually think AA would be happy to see a union for mechs only, and not overtly work against a new union. Remember when the IBT filed and AA was at NMB 3 hours later with a list of our names. Of course the IBT pulled out leaving us with ASS. Of course the IBT isn’t known for honesty.

All these different work groups pulling in different directions I’m sure is frustrating company’s side of NC.

I preferred the raise myself. I like being paid in cash and motivation never made a car payment.

Try motivating the Company and you may get a deal faster than you know it. The Association doesn’t have the keys to the Company’s bank accounts.

Normally I would agree. But we are leaving so much on the table everyday. Had the ass not just signed that in and negotiated with all that pressure on NCs to get a deal from both company and union side. We would have had a contract years ago. Just like what the pilots and FAs did.

That is kind of fitting for the twu.

Hey wait a minute man. These are your AMT Brothers and Sister on a site where one of the Admins is nothing more that a Fleet Service Crew Chief in MIA.

And I can’t recall any Fleet Local ever voting for a Fleet guy to be their Local President. But you’ve done it in the AMT ranks.

Please stop riding our coattails.

Normally I would agree. But we are leaving so much on the table everyday. Had the ass not just signed that in and negotiated with all that pressure on NCs to get a deal from both company and union side. We would have had a contract years ago. Just like what the pilots and FAs did.

Do you honestly have even an ounce of a clue how chitty a Contract you would have had if we hadn’t done that Arbitration crap that the Pilots and FA’s were roped in to doing?

You really should start following some of their pages to realize how pissed off they are.

Go ask an FA how much they’re enjoying their “Hard 40”?

The Company is now taking the union to court. My guess the data will show the union is clearly engaging this and they will be heavily fined. Seems another union lost hugely with one of these slow downs just a few years ago.

American seeks preliminary injunction to halt illegal slowdown by TWU-IAM Association

Team,

We are incredibly proud of our Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We are eager to deliver an industry-leading contract. Unfortunately, the union has chosen to illegally gain leverage in contract negotiations by directing a coordinated and deliberate illegal slowdown focused on the maintenance operation.

To date, 125,000 customers have been affected by 650 flight cancellations and more than 1,500 maintenance delays as a result of this slowdown. The data shows the odds of this being random as opposed to concerted activity are less than one-in-one billion.

Today, we filed for a preliminary injunction against the TWU-IAM Association, the TWU and the IAM to stop this illegal activity so we can all get back to running our operation as efficiently as possible.

Most importantly, we remain steadfast in our commitment to reach an industry-leading agreement to benefit all our hardworking Tech Ops and Fleet Service team members. We’ve proposed a contract that is the absolute best in the industry. As proof of this, we’ve offered alternatively to sign a contract with language identical to any other US airline if the union prefers.

While we await direction from the National Mediation Board (NMB), we will continue to care for our Tech Ops and Fleet Service teams. Because current contracts provide different pay rates for holidays and maintain different recognized holidays, we have approached the union to approve a parity plan for both recognition of the holiday and holiday pay. This parity plan would provide 2.5x their hourly pay for all those working on this Memorial Day holiday. Additionally it provides all TWU-IAM team members, on a day off on Memorial Day, holiday off pay equal to their regularly scheduled hours. We hope the TWU-IAM will agree.

Thank you to our team members who continue to give 100% every single day. We appreciate everything you do to care for our team members and customers, and to help your airline thrive.

C:\Users\339334~1.COR\AppData\Local\Temp\msohtmlclip1\01\clip_image001.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts