American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine; just keep it in mind the next time you talk about being any kind of "labor guy."

Your drive at Delta is no longer a living breathing entity. I believe resources are being wasted there that could be shifted elsewhere to people who truly need and want a Union.

But again it’s not our business here at American Airlines to help you help yourselves.

In reality, Kev has been much better off. He is probably $500,000 ahead of me, career wise, due to me being limited with IAM representation. Just the profit sharing alone is probably an accumulation with interest of well over $300,000. The IAM cut out my profit sharing when it brought in the IAM Pension. That's the part that I'm going to stick up your asses if you ever do get an election at Delta. I can guarantee 100% that if the IAM ever were to get in at Delta, that their profit sharing will be gone and replaced with the IAM Pension. Our profit sharing wasn't much but it was 2%, which is better than the one we have no that the company freely give us without it being a contract term.
If the IAM gets in at Delta and they want a pension, profit sharing gone, and the automatic raises to keep ahead of the competition , and keep the workers happy gone.

That's fine; just keep it in mind the next time you talk about being any kind of "labor guy."

A thought just crossed my mind about your “point”

I wonder if Delta ever chose to close your point and force you to go into a Hub (The front lines) if that would be a motivator for you to actually join the fight for representation yourself?

You know Josie Wales didn’t become who he was until the Yanks killed his Family and burned down his House.

That was his motivation to be stirred to action.

If the IAM gets in at Delta and they want a pension, profit sharing gone, and the automatic raises to keep ahead of the competition , and keep the workers happy gone.
the iam would devastate delta workers. I think the iam is being played by delta workers.
Plus the iam organizers there were the ones I outcast as they dont know what they are doing.
I could organize delta ramp and stews in 6 months.

You really need to do some research before you post.

One they have no pension, and they have a Social Security offset.

They don’t get automatic raises.

And DL won’t eliminate Profit Sharing

Yes driver they would likely go through a few financial hits towards gaining their first Contract. They may even close a few “points” (Stations) but they would eventually gain Scope language that would say THEY own the work and not the Company and they would gain a grievance procedure that can help guarantee they keep what they have.

Right now they have NOTHING.

And they don’t really want what a Union can offer them anyway. They’re complacent and satisfied.

DL can eliminate PS. They can pretty much do whatever they want with “THEIR” Employees.

The better phrase is they “likely” won’t eliminate Profit Sharing.

I don’t think they would either IMO.

Last edited:
Y

Everyone hired before BK has one. Some of us (PMNW) even have 2. Only PMDL employees have an offset.

What was that about research before posting?

That's certainly true, though over the last 10 years, we have received one in something like 8 of them?

BTW, what's the going rate for caterers these days?

On that we agree.

“Everything would be negotiable”

Josh

Everyone hired before BK has one. Some of us (PMNW) even have 2. Only PMDL employees have an offset.

That's certainly true, though over the last 10 years, we have received one in something like 8 of them?

On that we agree.

You don’t even recognize it yourself I think. WorldTraveler would be quite pleased with your progress towards his point of views Kev.

You’ve officially been Cult-tured.

You have two FROZEN pensions that haven’t accrued benefits in 10 years.

Funny no one at AA has workers comp settlements or lawsuit settlements taken out of their retirement, can’t say the same about DL.

You have two FROZEN pensions that haven’t accrued benefits in 10 years.

Funny no one at AA has workers comp settlements or lawsuit settlements taken out of their retirement, can’t say the same about DL.

“Kev has come a long way and is increasingly rational, less idealistic trying to hold onto the PMNW culture of divisiveness and beholden to the IAM.”

Josh

IAMNPF has a spousal offset and plenty of penalties, suspensions. That said, did they decide if they were going to create a new benefit schedule to address the critical status projection, or are they going to eliminate the unreduced early out pension benefit? Last year, they were thinking about whacking the unreduced early out benefit but that wouldn't go over too good for airline people who are pretty casual and don't usually work until they are 65 years old.

Why keep attacking the people already in the plan? Why not create a C scale for any new member in the plan instead of robbing Peter to pay Paul?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back