Arbitration

1AA, please, if you will, allow me to pre-empt the response from the pro-TWU ilks here.
You post will be answered with something along these lines......"Well, if you guys want to have a total of a 1000 or so mechanics with everything outsourced, 1000's of AA mechanics laid off, then you can have a UPS contract."

You know, a response similar to this.
You forgot part time mechanics.
Sign here and worry about the details later.

The TWU is not capable of negotiating what UPS has for AA AMT'S. Unfortunately you will find guys that will sign a card for them and not AMP.
I would think the only reason the Teamsters are established, and AMP is not. But either way hope you guys get what you are looking for, and not take 4 years, or more to get a contract.

It won't be 4 years, maybe the more will be in line with the agenda of keeping the dues flowing to the fat cats.
Well let's be honest with,each other , if the money and the scope is there. People will take it and move on, and the card drive will be history, because people won't care.

The TWU is not capable of negotiating what UPS has for AA AMT'S. Unfortunately you will find guys that will sign a card for them and not AMP.
Stupid.jpg

They can’t even get us delta plus 7 after Parker made the statement at town hall meeting they just need to rewind the recording of Parker in his own words. I signed my amp card I wish people would sign so we can get the vote the association promised us.

They can’t even get us delta plus 7 after Parker made the statement at town hall meeting they just need to rewind the recording of Parker in his own words. I signed my amp card I wish people would sign so we can get the vote the association promised us.
He also said the days of airlines losing money are over. That's a very dangerous statement. The economy is turning. AA just raised baggage fees and drink prices to offset fuel price hikes.

He also said the days of airlines losing money are over. That's a very dangerous statement. The economy is turning. AA just raised baggage fees and drink prices to offset fuel price hikes.
That's basically a feel good message, so you don't worry about your job, no company is recession proof. Some companies fair better than others.

Reactions: Kev3188
I’m glad to see that nobody thinks that an arbitrator would come along and give the association above what Isom has said in his townhall meetings.

Arbitrator not gonna throw the baby out with the bathwater, split the baby more like it. Win some, lose some, I think we'd win 401k match, lose iamnpf, win better profit sharing, lose ius medical, scope? Probably gonna take a hit there, just not sure how much of a hit. Any guesses?

that sounds like: we'll probably get hit more on scope compared to mediation, but we'll get much bigger profit sharing than what we are getting now, if we press it to get contractualized and get numbers similar to dl. united's first $2 billion is at 6.9%.

would it get contractualized? i would guess so. are we guaranteed profits every year? well, parker says so.

delta guy was telling me the other day that him and other dl guys are already throwing out numbers for their feb. check. 14%-18% of 2018's wages. he's a ramp guy, said he's on pace for $90k for 2018..lots of overtime.

low end, 14%, he's looking at a check for $12,600?

I’m glad to see that nobody thinks that an arbitrator would come along and give the association above what Isom has said in his townhall meetings.
Did you mean to say "mediator" not "arbitrator"? Unless you were referring to the next step after mediators if both sides file for arbitration.

that sounds like: we'll probably get hit more on scope compared to mediation, but we'll get much bigger profit sharing than what we are getting now, if we press it to get contractualized and get numbers similar to dl. united's first $2 billion is at 6.9%.

would it get contractualized? i would guess so. are we guaranteed profits every year? well, parker says so.

delta guy was telling me the other day that him and other dl guys are already throwing out numbers for their feb. check. 14%-18% of 2018's wages. he's a ramp guy, said he's on pace for $90k for 2018..lots of overtime.

low end, 14%, he's looking at a check for $12,600?
FAs lost every arbitration position including any profit sharing.

Latest posts