AUG/SEPT 2012 IAM Fleet Service Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Add "within the limits of the CBA." to that statement and it's more acurate. The company has proven that if they want to do something, they'll do it if they can find a way.

its not what they just think of the union they know all too well they will get away with it bec the union they know wont do squat about buf is a prime example as is the tpa hangar thing too its pathetic and they ought to be ashamed of themselves

Explain to me how the IAM could have stopped the TPA hangar closing?

The IAM filed suit in Federal Court as US violated the WARN Act and each IAM Member who worked in the TPA hangar got an additional 60 days worth of pay.

There was nothing in our CBA that could have stopped that from happening and US was in Chapter 11 bankruptcy at the time.

The company will outsource whenever and whoever they want to. and the union isn't going to do anything about . just look back at the last round of city's that got closed prematurely. they promised to Arbitrate but pulled out in the 11th hour. causing BUF to be locked out.
and all this was going on while in negotiations. just goes to show how much the company thinks of this union

You never give up do you? Your bitterness and disdain for the IAM is appalling... and that's why you lost the election!

Onward...

You never give up do you? Your bitterness and disdain for the IAM is appalling... and that's why you lost the election!

Onward...
The union has no power, that's why we get .40 cent an hour raises. I just checked the new medical ins. rates. The plan I chose is going up around twenty bucks a month, so after taxes on the raise money, I go backwards into the negative column. You pay over 700 dolars a year in dues and get nothing, they can't even settle a step two grievence.

The union has no power, that's why we get .40 cent an hour raises. I just checked the new medical ins. rates. The plan I chose is going up around twenty bucks a month, so after taxes on the raise money, I go backwards into the negative column. You pay over 700 dolars a year in dues and get nothing, they can't even settle a step two grievence.

Putting a twist on an old saying, Take one step forward, only to take two steps back. With the iam it's Take one step back, then take two more steps back!

Rogue.....

One of many reasons to get out.

One of many reasons to get out... could you be more specific? Out of union representation? Out of the IAM? Are you proposing the Fleet Service should decertify? Are you suggesting we would be better off without representation? Please specify and share your "many reasons to get out" with us.

Harry is recently retired and thus means out altogether, certainly not a bad ideal if one can do it

You are the union, and that was a transition agreement that was negotiated after the merger and two bankruptcies, you are in your first real Section 6 negotiations, support the NC and try and get the best deal you can, and scope is the most important.

And what you pay for insurance is tax deductible you know.

And it takes the company wanting to settle the grievance too.

All these Idiots claiming the Union does nothing are nothing more than whiners! I would love to see how long they would last without representation! Parker would outsource their a**'s so fast they wouldn't have time to gather their belongings!

You are the union...

^THIS^

All these Idiots claiming the Union does nothing are nothing more than whiners! I would love to see how long they would last without representation! Parker would outsource their a**'s so fast they wouldn't have time to gather their belongings!

Any time I ever hear "I never needed the union," I respond with "you never needed a union, because you *had* a union."

Harry is recently retired and thus means out altogether, certainly not a bad ideal if one can do it
Get out altogether and retire is a great option! Fortunately, for myself, it is an option available. My thoughts and concerns are with the vast majority who do not have this as an option. The majority, who have already invested years with this company but are not close to retirement. They need to make educated and smart choices concerning their future terms of employment with the company and subsequent livelihoods. May they choose wisely.
ograc

You are the union, and that was a transition agreement that was negotiated after the merger and two bankruptcies, you are in your first real Section 6 negotiations, support the NC and try and get the best deal you can, and scope is the most important.

And what you pay for insurance is tax deductible you know.

And it takes the company wanting to settle the grievance too.
It's time to put the past behind us and focus on moving forward. The contractual losses suffered through two bankruptcies and one transition agreement will take multiple contracts to recover. We must begin the recovery, as a group, with this Section 6 negotiations of our contract. The first step to recovery is solidarity and support of your union and NC Committee.
ograc

roabilly,
One does not appreciate what they have until it is lost. With years of representation comes a sense of entitlement among the membership. You are right... without representation all would be replaced with vendors making half the wage and no benefits. The question is... why don't the members see and appreciate this? Your thoughts please.
ograc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back