Dec 2012 / Jan 2013 US Pilots Labor Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the SCOTUS...I am Nic4us..an anonymous web poster quoting the SCOTUS.

Here are the relevant cases..

VACA v. Sipes

ford Motor Company v. Huffmann

ALPA international v. O'Neil.

A union breaches it's DFR if it's actions are either "arbitrary, discriminatory, or in bad faith". And the wide range of reasonableness must conform to the political landscape at the time of the decision.

That last part is what kills usapa. Absolutely no LUP, and using 2012 data to make an argument that by stealing West positions over the last 7 years with usapa's self hostage taking somehow justifies the ends of stealing all the West positions is laughable.
Separate contracts after 7 years.

Those cases don't support YOUR arguments, that's for sure.

Not the SCOTUS...I am Nic4us..an anonymous web poster quoting the SCOTUS.

Agreed nic, as am I only the same. This mess may eventually play out in various courts, or not. There's no gain for us to tear at each other here other than to forward our standard-issue, mutual nyaah-nyaahs. I suppose my proclivity for such stems from what I perceive to be an entirely ridiculous level of "certainty", not to mention "righteousness" on the part of the west....well...the "Integrity Matters" T's, "spartan", "knights", etc fantasies and infantile-to-the-level of even "Harry Potter" videos didn't much up my overall estimation of your group either. No matter. Fairly noting that it's free-range-grazing and "weapons free" ROE for the ubiquitous nyaah-nyaahs...well...we'll all just have to wait and see what good old Father Time has to say about it all in the end. It's a truly sad business that any of this insane mess ever saw the light of day at all. A handfull of actually reasonable and rational people in the right places and times would/could/should have prevented the whole thing from ever happening.

Meanwhile: Have a good day All.

Reactions: 1 person
What support will the west offer for that? I'm sure that all concerned would be interested in any suggestions you have for obtaining a ratifiable and worthwhile contract "that included DOH / DOH-lite".....? It seems in your best interests to seek one, since you can then be "off to the races" with your legal crusade. Any ideas? Hint = Snide, smarmy and stupid fail to much impress at any level.

No support what so ever. All you have to do is get Parker to accept DOH / DOH-lite & ratify the contract by a majority. It's that simple. You don't need the West for any of it.

Time's a wastin' East. The sooner that you get this new JCBA done, the quicker we will be to the end of this disaster.

You can not (speaking of painted in a corner) accept anything other than DOH / DOH-lite according to the USAPA Constitution & Bylaws & UOM. We will NOT accept anything other than an unchanged, unfenced, unmolested Nicolau Seniority list.

The Nicolau Seniority list is the ONLY legal, final and binding seniority list. NO court has EVER overturned a final & binding arbitrated list. The 9th & Silver have told you that you are free to negotiate anything you like, with the understanding that you must do so with a legitimate union purpose. DOH, DOH-lite (or any other concoction that USAPA comes up with will fail that test.

The Nicolau is the middle ground. It is the compromise. It is the final product of a legally agreed upon process. Will your bank allow you to live in your house and not pay house payments if you change your name to Mike Cleary? How is this any different?

BTW, the West has done nothing wrong. We came to the table, we agreed with your selection of arbitrators, we tried to mediate an agreement, and we followed the arbitrators rules. The arbitrator delivered a list that was determined by the authorities to be within the confines of the merger policy & Parker's terms of cost constraints.

You seek to recover some of your failed career off the backs & seniority of the AWA pilot group (because you CAN'T get the money you've lost from anyone else).

Hurry up East. We're just waiting on you guys.

No support what so ever.

The Nicolau is the middle ground. It is the compromise.

BTW, the West has done nothing wrong.

I'd covered such enlightened "thoughts" and "Harry Potter" levels of pure fantasy previously: "A handfull of actually reasonable and rational people in the right places and times would/could/should have prevented the whole thing from ever happening." You ain't one such. :)

cactusboy53: "Hurry up East. We're just waiting on you guys" Patience is a Virtue. You've my blessings to wait in PHX however long you wish to. Meanwhile...it's a fine day today. The nic's nowhere to be found...outside of Fantasyland, that is, and a gent I recently flew with is finally getting his left seat and a line back, which made for enjoyable conversation indeed. :)

Reactions: 2 people
Separate contracts after 7 years.

Those cases don't support YOUR arguments, that's for sure.

And whose fault is that?

My argument is that usapa and the company are both seeking to prolong separate ops.

The company to avoid higher pilot cost, and usapa to avoid the inevitable implementation of the Nic.

Hey, just reread the TA and both the company and usapa are in violation. It seems it has been 7 years and still no operational pilot integration. You do realize it is against the law to strip workers of their right to organize?

And, my references do support my arguments. Got a good faith LUP for reneging on binding arbitration? Doubt it, as the term good faith would imply one would actually live up to a contractual agreement. Got evidence why stapling the West is neither arbitrary or discriminatory?

Actually they have done a few things.

They held info picketing to be laughed at by the media.

They sued in the NYC court, to be laughed at by the federal court.

They started an illegal job action, and although the company was not laughing, the West most certainly was....

Now they plead to the NMB...it is like going to a comedy club...after you have laughed hard for a while...it gets old and your stomach starts to hurt.

"They held info picketing to be laughed at by the media."
http://www.reviewjournal.com/lvrj_home/2002/Oct-08-Tue-2002/business

/19793554.html

"They sued in the NYC court, to be laughed at by the federal court."
http://azstarnet.com/business/local/5680b9c5-a0c2-5761-b246-66ea307a2f6d.html

"They started an illegal job action"
http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/america-west-airlines-addresses-wall-street-journal-article-70835837.html

"Now they plead to the NMB"
http://www2.alpa.org/alpa/DesktopModules/ViewAnnDocument.aspx?DocumentID=4010

Reactions: 2 people
I'd covered such enlightened "thoughts" previously: "A handfull of actually reasonable and rational people in the right places and times would/could/should have prevented the whole thing from ever happening." You ain't one such. :)

I disagree....there were rational people on the east...they warned you that voting in usapa would get you nowhere...they were right.

There were also rational people on the east NC...they said hey we can get protections for the wide bodies and a favorable integration.....look how that turned out..you got a favorable integration, just lopsided at the top, but your expectation of entitlement and getting it all clouded your judgement.

All way to a day late and a dollar short now. It is the Nic, to it's terms, end of story.

It is the Nic, to it's terms, end of story.

Sigh!...You forgot: "Final and Binding!"..."It's OVER!..Get used to it!", "Ho Ho Ho!, Saint Nic is coming to town!"..."You won't even get 200 cards!", "NO fences!" and of course "Booyooshaka!" Have a nice day today nic. I will. :)

And whose fault is that?

My argument is that usapa and the company are both seeking to prolong separate ops.

The company to avoid higher pilot cost, and usapa to avoid the inevitable implementation of the Nic.

Hey, just reread the TA and both the company and usapa are in violation. It seems it has been 7 years and still no operational pilot integration. You do realize it is against the law to strip workers of their right to organize?

And, my references do support my arguments. Got a good faith LUP for reneging on binding arbitration? Doubt it, as the term good faith would imply one would actually live up to a contractual agreement. Got evidence why stapling the West is neither arbitrary or discriminatory?
DOH (really longevity but you didn't want any part of that either) IS the standard from which ALL seniroity lists are measured: there has never been a case where a DOH/longevity list has been found to be arbitrary, discriminatory or in bad faith....period. That IS a LUP.

How can I renege on something that hasn't come to a vote yet?

Here we go again.

Enjoy your holidays in PHX west pilots.

Reactions: 1 person
Status
Not open for further replies.