Does Delta still have NWA scabs working?

DL didnt hire the NW employees, it was a negotiated merger and and employees are part of the merger.

And some people still care, and yes there are still scabs at DL who use to be former NW.

we've already covered this... go read the dictionary.

And some people still care hold onto the grudge of what happened at NW, and yes there are still scabs at DL who use to be former NW.
fixed it for you

I'm sure there are malcontents at DL but they are diluted by the ocean of people who are more interested in running a very good airline and they certainly haven't succeeded nor will they at striking against DL, thus there can be no scabs.

There are former NW employees who may have been hired by DL as part of the merger but they are not DL scabs.

the simple answer is, no, DL does not have scabs because there was no strike or lockout by DL.

DL has hired tens of thousands of airline employees from other airlines and frankly could care less what labor history they have had with other carriers; DL has its own performance-related job criteria and not one item has anything to do with job history.

DL employees don't care - they didn't even vote in unions when given the opportunity - and the passengers sure as heck don't care.

Why then would the company?
Your are humorous.
NWA scabs were absorbed by DAL and yet they are not longer scabs.
Is that some kind of Delta baptism?
LOL... :p

apparently you missed the concept that the employees, passengers, and company have to actually care about a union for there even to be an issue of scabbing.... DL employees largely don't care about unions and the mechanics sure as heck do not. 99.9% of the passengers don't even know what it means and those that do are the few non-revs. The company, well, we know that they have succeeded at their labor agenda... one that NW's Board undoubtedly gave DL free reign to implement as part of the merger.

since you are playing footloose and fancy with the word "hire," you certainly shouldn't be worried if a few words get moved around. You apparent were equally as footloose with your statement "airlines don't ever pay cash for airplanes" and it took me about 2 minutes and 34 seconds to not only find evidence that they do but to cut and paste it here (or in the US forum to be more exact).
Words matter.

BTW, the contents of your post are editable in replies, in case you weren't sure how the game gets played here.

Glad we've breathed a little life into this forum and I didn't even have to mention AA to do it. (or did I? :) )

apparently you missed the concept that the employees have to actually care about a union for there even to be an issue of scabbing.... DL employees largely don't care about unions and the mechanics sure as heck do not.
Apparently, you don't understand the concept of a scab.
The NWA M&R that was absorbed in the NWA/DAL merger are scabs from NWA.
Doesn't matter what the DAL M&R thinks.
They can be scab lovers and ass kissers but the fact remains a fact.
DAL has NWA M&R scabs.
Can't change it as much as you would like to spin it.
B) xUT

NW had scabs.... but they are DL employees about whom no one cares what they or anyone else did regarding unions.

No one at DL cares.... and quite frankly, what are you or the OP going to do about it? I asked that question and all I got in return was a debate about the word "hire."

There are actually a lot of DL employees who are far better off leaving their labor past behind and figuring out how to succeed in the current environment.... union member or not.

BTW, DL has hired employees from dozens of airlines. It is highly doubtful that whoever came from NW are the only ones on anyone's list.

It also doesn't change that the profit sharing, shift bidding, and every other aspect of the job isn't affected one iota by what list anyone is on.

You labor supporter types can worry about this stuff if you want but no one at DL honestly gives a flying frog's fat fanny.

BTW, isn't it about time for another "the unions are coming" post? It's been a while, you know.

You mean the IAM members that performed "ancillary duties" are scabs?

Josh

I do recall that the IAM was accused of going to the company and telling them if the mechanics went on strike, they would do anything they could to help the company.

i thought there was a post somewhere that a union or few were trying again to get cards for an election at DL? i remember the nwa mechanics/related strike and remember seeing pics of scabs at that time

I do recall that the IAM was accused of going to the company and telling them if the mechanics went on strike, they would do anything they could to help the company.

IAM GVP Robert Roach Jr. said "IAM members will not be duped into standing with AMFA". The IAM was happy to see AMFA fail, plain and simple. Kev has posted before that he received more grief from the district than the company for refusing to perform the ancillary duties.

Josh

scabbing is something unions and their supporters have to worry about.... the majority of DL employees including mechanics have said they don't care about unions and thus could care less about what people have done in the past with unions.

You will recall there wasn't even a vote with the mechanics after the merger - the only major workgroup that there wasn't even enough employees at NW in a union or enough interest at DL since to warrant an election.

While a few internet union supporters worry about scabs, DL employees are running one of the best airlines in the world (how many airlines in the world have a market cap above DAL's $15B? none in the US) and are receiving the just rewards for their decisions to leave the union nonsense to others and focus on doing their jobs very well instead.

I guess, If you call this a "just reward". (From another thread, posted by Topdawg) DL pay:

AMT pay
Top out is 8.5 years. $33.53 as of 01/01/13. 1 license = $2.00, 1 1/2 license=3.00 2 license = 4.00
Line pay is an extra $0.75
Lead AMT $35.69 (License pay is same as AMT)
ASM 4.5 years $24.08 (no License/Line pay)
MUE 8.5 years $21.26 (no License/Line pay)
Inspector = $ 35.59 (License pay the same)
Lead Inspector 36.56 (License pay the same)

AMT= Aircraft Maintenance Technician
ASM= Aircraft Support Mechanic
MUE= Maintenance Utility Employee

2nd shift pay $0.45 3rd shift $0.52

I think that should basically cover everything.

Oh one more thing, Your shop determines your License pay. So if you work in a shop that is a A shop(even if you have A&P and/or FCC) you only get 1 license pay. Delta has been making a push to kind of slowly do away with this. They haven't been forcing guys out or to school to get the other license if they don't have it but as people leave or whatever a job that use to just be an A or a P is not requiring (and paying) for both. Most of management that only had one has been forced back to school though.
Most Avionics guys in the Hangar get 1 1/2 pay.

Latest posts

Back