IAM contract proposal

I gotta admit, I kinda support the IAM in this. I hope all can come to an agreement with minimal loss. Red Bear, any Idea how this will turn?
I think the jury's still out on this one. They're(NWA) really just asking for too much.

This vote is already over, The IAM leadership will have the membership vote a second time if they don't like the results..Been there, Done that.

RTB--

I'm just curious, what would it take for you to vote "yes?" Besides scope, is there any particular hot button issue for you?

Mine are (and I'm not holding my breath):

1. Iron clad job security covenants

2. PT blocker/ratio stay as they are under the current book.

3.RJ/Newco/whatever protection language stays in place.

4. Return of shift/line/longevity pay.

Lots of questions to be considered.

Here's one.

With the agents approving their contract, would NW now "consider" removing them from (proposed) "Ground Co." Stations ??

Also, for the ESE vote to "tank", ya gotta' figure that at least 1 of the hubs(DTW or MSP) said :down:

Any news on the station by station breakdown ??
I'd love to see that !

NH/BB's

Lots of questions to be considered.

Here's one.

With the agents approving their contract, would NW now "consider" removing them from (proposed) "Ground Co." Stations ??
Also, for the ESE vote to "tank", ya gotta' figure that at least 1 of the hubs(DTW or MSP) said :down:

I'd love to see that !
NH/BB's
I'm a grey book employee who voted that POS down.From what I have seen and heard,the most senior people in the hubs and say a good lot of the agents in the "magic"fourty voted for the disposal proposal because they want to get out and take the money while they can.I had asked my chair about this exact situation prior to the results and her relpy was "I duno"...I know...hard to believe huh...what I'm having a hard time believeing though,is that only 75% of the grey book voted and the vote was so lopsided...I would figure it closer with the 80 stations of sold out folks like us.......

I'd love to see that !
NH/BB's

They did that for the last contract vote, I would think they'd do it again.

It's also real interesting to me that on the 6th (with one station left to vote), they announced that it would take "several days" to tally the votes, yet on the 7th, they annoinced them.....

Same here...Who are these "25%," and why did they feel having a say in their future wasn't neccessary?

RTB--

I'm just curious, what would it take for you to vote "yes?" Besides scope, is there any particular hot button issue for you?

Mine are (and I'm not holding my breath):

1. Iron clad job security covenants

2. PT blocker/ratio stay as they are under the current book.

3.RJ/Newco/whatever protection language stays in place.

4. Return of shift/line/longevity pay.
Kev,
I think you and I are pretty much on the same page on this one.

Northwest Back To Bargaining

Baggage handlers tried to yank Northwest Airlines Corp. back to the bargaining table by voting down its proposed pay cut and authorizing a strike.

Northwest said after the vote Tuesday that it would restart the bankruptcy court process in which it's seeking to reject its union contract with those workers.

The International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers said it expected negotiations to resume, though Northwest spokesman Kurt Ebenhoch declined to comment on that.

Machinist's union ticket agents and reservations workers accepted their pay-cut contract in a separate vote.

The rejected contract would have imposed an 11.5 percent pay cut and numerous work rule changes on baggage handlers who made roughly $20 an hour before Northwest filed for bankruptcy protection Sept. 14. Temporary pay cuts of 19 percent will remain in effect.

The union held Northwest's proposal at arm's length all along. It never recommended which way members should vote. It never even called it an "agreement." Instead, the union said it was just letting members vote on the best offer it could get, under the threat that Northwest could impose terms that were even worse.

"If this was regular negotiations, the committee would have turned this down. We would have said `No,' we would have been on strike," said Bobby De Pace, president of the Machinists union district that includes Northwest workers.

clickondetroit

Click on the link that PAUL just provided, and read way down where it explains that NW better be very careful how it reacts to the ESE "rejection"

NH/BB's

This is the 12th post, on a RED HOT topic, and a certain IDIOT SCAB is "M I A"

Amazing !!

NH/BB's

"If the carrier sweetens the deal, it could entice the other two unions to reject their deals inhopes of a better deal." "But if not, it could entice them to reject it and possibly."

Either way, sounds like NWA is in a pardicament. BUT the main question is

PTO Where are you? PTO Where are you?? Calling PTO. You are MIA!!!

Northwest Back To Bargaining

The union held Northwest's proposal at arm's length all along. It never recommended which way members should vote. It never even called it an "agreement." Instead, the union said it was just letting members vote on the best offer it could get, under the threat that Northwest could impose terms that were even worse.

"If this was regular negotiations, the committee would have turned this down. We would have said `No,' we would have been on strike," said Bobby De Pace, president of the Machinists union district that includes Northwest workers.
Is this for real or what?....the letter I got with my disposal proposal said that the union and their lawyers wanted us to vote FOR this POS.Now Mr Disgrace say's he never recommended which way to vote?...I recall another letter he wrote on Jan 27 saying the job you save could be your friends...there has been more double talk here than a studdering hyena farm...,now...were suposed to believe that only 75% of the grey book folks even voted?...what a shammm...

Typical DePace....His attempt at face saving shouldn't suprise anyone on here. :down:
Well kev,..I dont know what is next,but I will say that had I still been in the black book I would have voted no as well.As far as Disgrace?..we know what he's all about...hmmm not a good time to try and get re-elected, huh
:down: :down: