IAM FILES AT DELTA FOR UNION REPRESENTATION

Vote yes, and vote yes often.

Don't be like the mechanics who are being RIF'd but cannot exercise their seniority to a junior staffed station nearby (CVG-DTW)

Don't be like the mechanics who are being RIF'd but cannot exercise their seniority to a junior staffed station nearby (CVG-DTW)
You're right TDR. If you don't, Richard's Handin...errr...I mean... Regional Handing Services may be coming to a station near YOU!

So your suggesting to vote more than once ?................. Last time I checked, that was illeagal ! :shock:

And before ya'll jump to conclusions, lets see what happens at CVG !

So your suggesting to vote more than once ?................. Last time I checked, that was illeagal ! :shock:

And before ya'll jump to conclusions, lets see what happens at CVG !
Now that the IAMAW has filed, I will bet the farm that DINO offers bumping rights to all displaces employees. :shock:

I'll bet you're correct...

Also look for anything that we at NW "have" that DL knows is appealing to be matched.

I'm REALLY looking forward to all the DVDs & mailers that are sure to be coming to me.... :rolleyes:

Though it will correctly be 2 seperate votes, the IAM and the AFA need to combine their strengths to run a Massive pro union campaign touting each other, in ATL, JFK, BOS, LAX and SLC.

There can be NO ROOM for error on "this one" !

I'll bet you're correct...

Also look for anything that we at NW "have" that DL knows is appealing to be matched.

I'm REALLY looking forward to all the DVDs & mailers that are sure to be coming to me.... :rolleyes:

Do you still work for NW? Be specific on your statement, you have already come up to Delta's pay scale, what would you have that is appealing that we don't have already? Delta didn't have to give the mechanics in CVG a choice of anything but they did. The mechanics at NW got thrown to the curb...and they were union. :shock:

Do you still work for NW?

Yes, I do.

Be specific on your statement, you have already come up to Delta's pay scale,

Wrong. All ACS employees are still on their respective pre-merger scale.

what would you have that is appealing that we don't have already?

*Unlimited sick time accruals
*Unlimited OJI time accruals
*A medical deductible that is 1/4 that of the closest comparable DL plan ($750 vs $3000)
*Fixed caps on any increase in premiums
*Retiree medical
*No SS offset
*IAM pension
*6 weeks of vacation annually vs. 4 at DL
*Inclusive lunch on most shifts vs. none at DL
*Ability to exercise seniority in the event of a layoff

Those are just a few, and that doesn't count the biggest one of all; Scope.

Delta didn't have to give the mechanics in CVG a choice of anything but they did.

How benevolent of them... :rolleyes:

but for clarification, they didnt file for an election, they just filed for the application?

That's correct. They have to first"apply" for Single Carrier Determination (a measurement tool the NMB uses to decide that a merged airline like NW/DL truly are one carrier--they look at everything from schedules, uniforms, signage, etc..)from the NMB. Once that is determined by the NMB, then the election timetable is set.
This is exactly the same thing AFA did and is waiting for. I'm sure it won't be too much longer as many of those requirements are satisfied.

good luck and go union you folks will need union representation due to the ceo at DL who is notoriously for eliminating union people the NWA mechanics come to mind

Yes, I do.

Wrong. All ACS employees are still on their respective pre-merger scale.

*Unlimited sick time accruals
*Unlimited OJI time accruals
*A medical deductible that is 1/4 that of the closest comparable DL plan ($750 vs $3000)
*Fixed caps on any increase in premiums
*Retiree medical
*No SS offset
*IAM pension
*6 weeks of vacation annually vs. 4 at DL
*Inclusive lunch on most shifts vs. none at DL
*Ability to exercise seniority in the event of a layoff

Those are just a few, and that doesn't count the biggest one of all; Scope.

How benevolent of them... :rolleyes:

You have said you have had your own business (or dabbled in it). Tell me, how you can have employees, give them all that and compete. Ok, now pretend it's just delivering bags from one place to another for an airline. Explain how you can possibly make money in this economic environment. Enquiring minds want to know.

Latest posts