IAM contract proposal

The latest and greatest:

NW is sending an auditor to my station (if not others) to see if Air Wisconsin is/would be a capable vendor for the stations slated to close.

They have auditors all the time floating around. I had one come to *ahem* A station in a city where I use to reside in...

Are you sure that is what they are looking at or ?

I remember this auditor was telling me how stupid the manager is and all that...(over din-din :up: ) and this manager was so scared of him... the manager thought that s/he was going to get replaced... pretty fun to watch, esp. when s/he didn't know what s/he was doing....

Make sure it's a CONFIRMED fact, not from your boss.

You never know... it might be for the better... or worse.

They might be monitoring something else.

Kev, I thought your station was not on the list for closure?

That's correct, Dragon. Mine will allegedly "live."

Are you sure that is what they are looking at or ?

The way it was explained to us is that NW is looking for a "one-stop" (my words) vendor. The intent is to have one company doing our work at several stations. Obviously, these would be ones both NW and ZW currently serve.

I remember this auditor was telling me how stupid the manager is and all that...(over din-din :up: ) and this manager was so scared of him... the manager thought that s/he was going to get replaced... pretty fun to watch, esp. when s/he didn't know what s/he was doing....

All managers seem to live in fear of the auditors. You can actually watch mine age right before your eyes when we talk about how we should be getting an audit "anytime." As soon as we become overdue for one he becomes a basketcase. :lol: :lol:

Make sure it's a CONFIRMED fact, not from your boss.

You never know... it might be for the better... or worse.

They might be monitoring something else.

It is a confirmed fact. Actually, my manager was the *last* to know. The ZW employees came over to tell us about it first. It is also posted in their operations area....

All managers seem to live in fear of the auditors. You can actually watch mine age right before your eyes when we talk about how we should be getting an audit "anytime." As soon as we become overdue for one he becomes a basketcase.
Kev,
Are you sure that we don't work in the same station?Because you just described our manager to a T. :lol:

Kev,
Are you sure that we don't work in the same station?Because you just described our manager to a T. :lol:
Think many... if they did their jobs there's nothing to worry about, that's what they are looking for.

Well Kev, just goes to show you, as usual this airline don't care about their employees.

Kev, I thought your station was not on the list for closure?
Rumor has it from the 4hour rule corner of the world ,that NWA may have been a little hasty in their GRand idea of outsourcing our 80 spoke cities....it has been said that they hired a independent auditor to run some numbers for them,and shop for a "better" way to do business in our 4hour rule cities....well...nwa was told that for what they want to pay to have the work done,only 1 in nine people would be able to pass background checks let alone be able to perform all the job duties we now cover as 4hour rule agents.......good luck nwa you cheap bast#$%@!!! :down: :down: :down:

Work n Short,

I AGREE with you BIG TIME.

BIG RED will have BIG PROBLEMS($$$) trying to;

1. Be ABLE to FIND $8.00 hr IDIOTS to do CS work,
AND
2. IF they find them, I predict that they will SCREW up the operation, and WON'T stick around, because of CRAPPY wages, and ZERO "Bennies" !

NH/BB's

[quote name='Work'n short' post='368503' date='Mar 31 2006, 02:09 PM']Rumor has it from the 4hour rule corner of the world ,that NWA may have been a little hasty in their GRand idea of outsourcing our 80 spoke cities....it has been said that they hired a independent auditor to run some numbers for them,and shop for a "better" way to do business in our 4hour rule cities....well...nwa was told that for what they want to pay to have the work done,only 1 in nine people would be able to pass background checks let alone be able to perform all the job duties we now cover as 4hour rule agents.......good luck nwa you cheap bast#$%@!!! :down: :down: :down:[/quote]

I sincerely hope this is correct; as I've said before I think the efficiency gained in a 4 hour rule station is unmatched.

I sincerely hope this is correct; as I've said before I think the efficiency gained in a 4 hour rule station is unmatched.
Sorry for my ignorance on the matter, but can you explain to me/us what a "4 hour rule station" means. Thanks.

... but can you explain to me/us what a "4 hour rule station" means. Thanks.

4 Hour rule= cross-utilization.

A "four hour rule" station is one where grey-book represented employees (read: CSA's) perform bothh the CSA functions and ramp functions.

The term comes from language in the CBA's that discusses ground times for A/C. Without going too far into the specifics, basically, if there's less than 4 hours of work in any given 8 hour period, then it's a 4 hour rule station. This is a bit misleading however, as many stations in this category handle many more flights (both airlink and mainline) than this, but only mainline A/C factor into the formula. On the other side of the equation, there are stations with ESE's that should technically be 4 hour rule (GEG, MSO, & RST come to mind)but have been grandfathered in.

Of the "80ish" stations NW wants to outsource, almost all of them are 4 hour rule.

Hope this helps...

4 Hour rule= cross-utilization.

A "four hour rule" station is one where grey-book represented employees (read: CSA's) perform bothh the CSA functions and ramp functions.

The term comes from language in the CBA's that discusses ground times for A/C. Without going too far into the specifics, basically, if there's less than 4 hours of work in any given 8 hour period, then it's a 4 hour rule station. This is a bit misleading however, as many stations in this category handle many more flights (both airlink and mainline) than this, but only mainline A/C factor into the formula. On the other side of the equation, there are stations with ESE's that should technically be 4 hour rule (GEG, MSO, & RST come to mind)but have been grandfathered in.

Of the "80ish" stations NW wants to outsource, almost all of them are 4 hour rule.

Hope this helps...
Yes, very much so. Thank you.

As an aside, is there a different pay scale for those of you in the 4 hour stations, since you probably need much more breadth of knowledge and abilities to perform the dual functions?