IAM FILES AT DELTA FOR UNION REPRESENTATION

well my personal opinion is this!

I dont care if someone is union, non-union, wants to be union, could care less if they were ever union!

regardless of "representation" at any company.. if an employer starts to screw with an earned pension.

uh yeah, I would hope someone would step in! :)

All I'm saying is if tax-payer money is used to bail out a union, i.e. GM, why is it not ok for tax-payer money to bail out a companys pension plan?

Personally, I don't think tax-payer money should be used to bail-out either one !

All I'm saying is if tax-payer money is used to bail out a union, i.e. GM, why is it not ok for tax-payer money to bail out a companys pension plan?
it was an implication of just automatically dumping a pension obligation onto the taxpayer as a means for a company to simply just go that route without assuming any responsibility or addressing their own management style/mismanagement..

was sort of my point..

as an aside, personally appreciate the fact our pensions werent just dumped..

Personally, I don't think tax-payer money should be used to bail-out either one !
you know, I do agree with less government, but when it involves someone's pension or their retirement, its very difficult for me anyway.. to just look the other way.

there will probably be a time in the future (or right now) when someone will feel the same way about social security.

Southwind--

Along that same vein, how do you feel about DL's SS offset, and how it factors in? This is an honest question, not a wind up. I would appreciate an in-kind answer.

Thanks.

GM is now a union?, the chimp must be eating his own feces.

You mean like bailing out union-workers at GM ?
I see you neglect to recognize the billions in concessions those workers agreed to including thousands of layoffs in order for the auto makers to receive the bailout money.

Why dont you tell the whole story instead of half?

How did the union get bailed out?

The money went to GM not the UAW, last time I checked GM employed the workers and built cars, not the UAW!

Southwind--

Along that same vein, how do you feel about DL's SS offset, and how it factors in? This is an honest question, not a wind up. I would appreciate an in-kind answer.

Thanks.

Am I happy about the SS offset..............no ! Is Delta the only company that does it................probably not ! Will SS offset affect me....................probably not, since I doubt there will be a SS check for me, by the time I retire !

Would a Union make Delta scrap their SS offset...................maybe , maybe not !

I see you neglect to recognize the billions in concessions those workers agreed to including thousands of layoffs in order for the auto makers to receive the bailout money.

Why dont you tell the whole story instead of half?

How did the union get bailed out?

The money went to GM not the UAW, last time I checked GM employed the workers and built cars, not the UAW!

You do realize that it was The Annointed One's Czars, who put the stipulations/requirements on GM and "THE UNION" as far as being eligible for said bailout !

And I can garauntee you that Nobama didn't bailout "The Evil Empire of GM" out of the kindness of his heart. He did it to save jobs, even if that meant employees had to take a cut !

GM is now a union?, the chimp must be eating his own feces.

I'll re-iterate ! Nobama didn't bail out "The Evil Empire GM" because he liked them, we all know Democrats and Liberals are anti-capitalistic, even though they create jobs. He bailed out GM ,gave tax-payer money, to save his Brethren..............The Union !

And the union cuts were forced by Big Brother , in order to recieve said bailout !

You are a representation of a union organization which makes you an entity. The people of this company deserves to know what will happen if they vote union. I will warn them what could/will happen if they do. You have a financial stake in this. They deserve to know.

You know it kills me everytime when someone step up for everybody but themselves and speak about what ought to be or trying to "warn" someone. Look if workers don't want to research and study about union or non-union, and the history of corporation and unions then let it be because they have the same brain power to do it. Man always think they have to govern others and show them the "right" way. I can honestly care less about what Richard, NMB, and whomever else do or think. I know what is Delta and what is minds. We make it a issue when we go back and forth about something that doesn't need light shined upon it. Just research and get a understanding and VOTE. That simple people. I have realized that opinion of men can cloud truth quicker than a lie and that will get fingers pointing at the ending of the day which will not get us anywhere.

You know it kills me everytime when someone step up for everybody but themselves and speak about what ought to be or trying to "warn" someone. Look if workers don't want to research and study about union or non-union, and the history of corporation and unions then let it be because they have the same brain power to do it.
this past year all we have heard is how the Union must "educate the Flight Attendants" by the activists and reps.

now it may be completely different for the IAM, but its not that way for our group.

the problem while "educating" is simply the entire truth is not being told.

it is important to share all the positive aspects of unionism..but also including the real problems that come along with it.

Just research and get a understanding and VOTE.
I think the best advice you gave is to research.. because it is really necessary.