IAM contract proposal

Update:
IAM and NW back to court on the 29th.

From the article: "We anticipate that the judge will set a date for the continuation of the ESSC and SIMOP section 1113© trial which was put on hold due to the ratification vote."
Hang in there Kev...I wish I were still in the black book too.It's too late for us now that that POS was passed on the grey book side.I dont know whats next,but I'm in one of the 80 stations they want to farm out.I still cant see them getting it done,but at this point I'm ready to transfer and just work inside...we have had 3 people quit in the last month and they have not been replaced.People banging in sick left and right.I'm not sure there will be much left after they figure out who's going to do our work.....anyway...any truth to the rumor that Mr. Discrace got himself a 2 million dollar house in long island??

Really? I would have bet the other way. I honestly don't know how you guys deal with the masses day in and day out.

we have had 3 people quit in the last month and they have not been replaced.People banging in sick left and right.

That sounds familiar! We now have people quitting during new hire training as well. When has that ever happened before?

I'm not sure there will be much left after they figure out who's going to do our work.....anyway...any truth to the rumor that Mr. Discrace got himself a 2 million dollar house in long island??

I have no idea, but I'm sure he's not having any trouble making his mortgage payment. :down:

From up here in the cheap seats (and no dog in this fight) what's
"the ESSC and SIMOP?"
What groups are IAM?

Thanx

From up here in the cheap seats (and no dog in this fight) what's
"the ESSC and SIMOP?"
What groups are IAM?

Thanx

ESSC= "Equipment Service and Stock Clerks." Equipment Service Employees is what ramp aents are known as at NW.

SIMOP= Flight Simulator technicians

These are both covered under the same collective bargaining agreement known informally as the "Black book," so named due to the color of it's cover.

The other CBA (recently ratified) is known as the "Grey book," and covers gate/ticket agents, reservations, print shop technicians, clerical positions, security personnel at headquarters, and some "dormant" classifications such as bus drivers.

Hope this helps.....

I thought you had some ramp seniority??
Really? I would have bet the other way. I honestly don't know how you guys deal with the masses day in and day out.
That sounds familiar! We now have people quitting during new hire training as well. When has that ever happened before?
I have no idea, but I'm sure he's not having any trouble making his mortgage payment. :down:
Yeah...have the senority,but will have to bump in the classification I'm in.By the sounds of things as of late I'm not sure I will have to worry about it,it would seem that replacing all of us is not as easy as first thought.So far,not one farm out company wants the bid around here....too much liability with the tkt counter and handling money and so on....they all want the ramp without the tkt counter.

An interesting note for the day: Six rampers came into the zone today wanting to know how to apply for the Tech Ops Support jobs. I didn't get to hang around to find out any details. I just thought it interesting that the Rampers would be warming up to this idea.
I was talking to one of the ramper/stock clerks the other day, and he claimed to have had his ticket for a few years. I asked him why in the hell he was slinging bags instead of wrenching, and he said he was hired as a ramper, to "get his foot in the door" but was never allowed to make the move to maintenence. I am unsure if this was due to union policy, or management not knowing what they had. Either way, it seemed a total waste of talent to me, as this kid seemed to be a hard charger, and eager to wrench. Does this happen often? I dont want to point fingers in this case, but somebody dropped the ball in not recognising the potential of this young man.

I was talking to one of the ramper/stock clerks the other day, and he claimed to have had his ticket for a few years. I asked him why in the hell he was slinging bags instead of wrenching, and he said he was hired as a ramper, to "get his foot in the door" but was never allowed to make the move to maintenence. I am unsure if this was due to union policy, or management not knowing what they had. Either way, it seemed a total waste of talent to me, as this kid seemed to be a hard charger, and eager to wrench. Does this happen often? I dont want to point fingers in this case, but somebody dropped the ball in not recognising the potential of this young man.
Arent Unions FUN?

I remember the day I was "bright eyed and bushy tailed" and ready at a moments notice for a flight....all gung ho and brainwashed ... will do anything for NW since NW pays me to be their slave....

Plane lands.... and I decide to tidy up the cabin. Simple stuff. Fold lice infested blankies, pick up newspaper...

Then I hear:
Who the hell do you think you are? I'm gonna write you UP.

WTF? "For what?" I sneered.

"You're doing our job..blah...blah...blah..."

"plane's a friggin mess!"

"let us handle it"

Sure enough, I got written up for doing someone else's job.

And what does it state in my little manual? Clean WHAT?
and how long does that written up crap stay in my file?

:up: Gotta LOVE working for NWA :up:

[quote name='jenny@nw' post='366523' date='Mar 25 2006, 02:37 AM']Plane lands.... and I decide to tidy up the cabin. Simple stuff. Fold lice infested blankies, pick up newspaper...[/quote]

Jenny--

Ground pay (or lack thereof) aside, isn't there some language in your cba about helping on turn cleans? If not, did there used to be? I seem to remember an F/A telling me about it, but this was 5 or 6 years ago....

[quote name='CSAR GYRENE' post='366412' date='Mar 24 2006, 07:38 PM']I I am unsure if this was due to union policy, or management not knowing what they had.[/quote]

The only thing stopping him from applying and/or being hired as an AMT the last few years was that he would have been behind hundreds of guys waiting to be recalled....

Union-wise, the only "policy" in effect would have been once he was an AMT in AMFA, he would have lost any seniority accrued under the IAM (prior to the split he would have retained it).

[quote name='Work'n short' post='366336' date='Mar 24 2006, 03:36 PM']So far,not one farm out company wants the bid around here....too much liability with the tkt counter and handling money and so on....they all want the ramp without the tkt counter.[/quote]

I've been wondering how that would work in a 4 hour rule station...Getting guys to work the ramp is one thing; getting/training them to both jobs competently is another...Hopefully, it'll work out in your favor. :)

===========================================================

IF that "Hard Charger" knew you were a SCAB, and continued acknowleging your Existance, he should have been "Tarred and Feathered" !!!

NH/BB's

=========================================================

"HUH"???????

HUH my A$$ !

DON"T play dumb with me CG, you know exactly what I mean !

NH/BB's
Sorry dude, Im not real sure WHAT you mean, or what your post had to do with my questions. If I offended you please except my apologies, as I meant none..I was Just a little befuddled by your reply......(dumb Jarhead, remember?)

Jenny--

Ground pay (or lack thereof) aside, isn't there some language in your cba about helping on turn cleans? If not, did there used to be? I seem to remember an F/A telling me about it, but this was 5 or 6 years ago....
HUH? Since when? I got written up for cleaning an airplane like a good little flight attendant.

We were told to "observe" workers at a 4 hr station instead of helping (WTF) I even had a converstation with one of them about this one day. Oh...if I find it in my little yellow book I will let you know....

Sorry dude, Im not real sure WHAT you mean, or what your post had to do with my questions. If I offended you please except my apologies, as I meant none..I was Just a little befuddled by your reply......(dumb Jarhead, remember?)

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

CG,

(Simply put),
If the person who was conversing with you, was a Union person, HE/SHE should "refrain" from even talking to any SCABS !!

NOT difficult to understand !

NH/BB's