JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to wish all my union brothers and sisters a happy New Year! I hope we get a contract this coming year!

The stocks were never given on the idea of past sacrifices, but on the sacrifices yet to be made in the future. That is how the early out gang based their whole case-in part on, that and political maneuvering. Yes I do hope they distribute it equally.
I am fully aware that the equity was for those of us going forward and Jim Little running his mouth was the reason for the law suit. Also if I remember correctly we did not all get the same equity. Therefore distributing it equally would not be fair to those who's 14.5% was more than others.

We'll see how it shakes out but there are lots of questions....If and when they pay out is it going to be based on what they took from us or will it be evenly distributed? But can't help but remember the TWU putting in print "It is your stock and belongs to you not the TWU." Then they kept a chunk of it.

OldGuy: "Held" not "Kept"

Remember when this started there wasn't even an EBO Retiree lawsuit yet. The reason the TWU was going to hold back 4% was to make sure you got every share owed to you.

Think about it this way. Say they had distributed all the shares and you discovered that you were short 50 shares because of an error of some kind. How could they make right by you if they had nothing left? Would they have say come to me and said "Hey Dave we gave you too much and you have to give 50 shares to OldGuy"

I would have said screw OldGuy I already sold it all and spent the money.

So that's why they held and are still holding shares because not everything has been distributed yet through the AMR Bankruptcy cases still in dispute.

Now the EBO Retiree lawsuit should also be pretty self explanatory. They were ordered by the Court Judge to "hold" shares in case these guys won their case. (They won't) But? Still have to follow the Court order.

Now no it won't be evenly distributed. You have more time in the company and earn more than I do so you'll be getting more than me as you should. The only piece that was distributed evenly was the settlement on those two grievances. One for the 757 which was only for you guys and the other for the Medical one which affected all of us.

Now on this new one that all the Unions just won in Judge Lane's Court. The Company earmarked 755 Million dollars in shares held back for disputed claims made against it that Lane needed and needs to hear. In some cases he may side for those claims but so far most claims he has sided against.

How much though it will ultimately be that comes to us is up in the air because there are still a few outstanding cases to be heard.

Maybe we'll get a windfall and maybe it will be a small piddle of shares? For now we continue doing what we've been doing all along. We wait.

Last edited:
Oh and they are also holding all the partial shares we were supposed to get until all the cases are heard and the AMR Bankruptcy books are finally sealed and put on the shelves.

If they didn't hold it how the rules work is any partial shares that obviously can't be given out because they're only partial would have reverted back to the company and we would get nothing.

So the more partial shares placed in the TWU held pool the more each will eventually make its way to cash in our pockets.

I am fully aware that the equity was for those of us going forward and Jim Little running his mouth was the reason for the law suit. Also if I remember correctly we did not all get the same equity. Therefore distributing it equally would not be fair to those who's 14.5% was more than others.

Actually it was more because lowly Stewards and even a few Officers who didn't understand it and wanted to satisfy their customers who asked were the ones shooting off at the mouth telling guys

"Of course you're going to get the equity too"

Jim Little just left a parting shot across the bow because he had a mutiny on his hands at the International that he knew he was going to lose so the (nice guy) just thought he'd muck up the desk a little before he had to hand over the keys to the office.

the new list from jarvis has auto shop in title one amt?
We don't have title groups like you do. So as far as I know, everyone in PIT, in both Auto and Plant Maintenance, have their A&P tickets. So yes, they are on the list.

At US, everyone is a Mechanic (Title I) first. And you stay there on that list until you retire.

I also know of a Mechanic who took a downgrade to Stock clerk to come back to his home station, and I can't seem to find him on the list. Also, I have Utility time from many years ago when I downgraded, along with many others who did the same, and now on the new list, we are no long there.

I wonder if I lost my Utility time, and the Stock clerk lost his Mechanic time?

Will the TWU enforce their contract and staff the stations with 7,300 flights this past year. If so look for TWU represented mechanic and related to appear at ATL AUS BDL DEN EWR FLL MSP PHX SEA TPA and maybe a few more stations I may have missed? If already at a station I listed my mistake. Your union your jobs your future do nothing and that's what you get. Understand, IAM represented mechanic and related do not have this in our contract and have no say in this matter so it is up to the TWU. If there ever is a JCBA this scope clause will probably get cut so act now enforce your contract.

Will the TWU enforce their contract and staff the stations with 7,300 flights this past year. If so look for TWU represented mechanic and related to appear at ATL AUS BDL DEN EWR FLL MSP PHX SEA TPA and maybe a few more stations I may have missed? If already at a station I listed my mistake. Your union your jobs your future do nothing and that's what you get. Understand, IAM represented mechanic and related do not have this in our contract and have no say in this matter so it is up to the TWU. If there ever is a JCBA this scope clause will probably get cut so act now enforce your contract.

I'm no defender of the ASS but all those places have twu mechanics other then, BDL,FLL and MSP. Not sure what the deal is at those.

Last edited by a moderator:
If 3% is the figure then that is not enough. I realize that some profit sharing is good, but come on! When I see Doug and his cronies take hundreds of thousands in shares and cash then in for millions. We should receive at least 10% of last year gross wages!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back