JCBA Negotiations and updates for AA AMTS

Status
Not open for further replies.
i did not realize American sending aircraft there! Like Doug has been saying for many years, that when our maintenance cost comes in line with outsourcing then he'll bring them back in house!!!

I remember when we first merged with AWA, seeing Latin American Jeppesen manuals in the cockpit and wondering why because we didn't fly there.

They were in there so AWA could fly them down there to get "worked" on. Funny thing is, after they were finished being "overhauled", it took another week in the hangar fixing all that quality outsourced work.

How can they ever save any money doing it that way?

Reactions: conehead777
Aeroman has many unlicensed mechanics and some licensed mechanics down there and they are making 5000 to 15,000 a year. So Doug wants you guys to work for $7 an hour if you want to do those heavy checks.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...nd-Planes-to-El-Salvador-For-Maintanence.html

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/airplane-maintenance-disturbing-truth

i did not realize American sending aircraft there! Like Doug has been saying for many years, that when our maintenance cost comes in line with outsourcing then he'll bring them back in house!!!

Aeroman has many unlicensed mechanics and some licensed mechanics down there and they are making 5000 to 15,000 a year. So Doug wants you guys to work for $7 an hour if you want to do those heavy checks.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/business...nd-Planes-to-El-Salvador-For-Maintanence.html

http://www.vanityfair.com/news/2015/11/airplane-maintenance-disturbing-truth
Just an FYI. Southwest is very unhappy with the maintenance from El Salvador. They (the co.) is currently claiming that they want to pull out of El Salvador (all 4 lines). They also claim our scope language does not allow them to pull out with out our permission, NOT TRUE at all, they can pull out of El Salvador any time they want to, no permission is required. What they would need permission on is if they wanted to go somewhere else over seas for maintenance. As you stated above the co. also claims that all the maint. people have their A&P's, also NOT TRUE.
I hope any airline doing maint down there has some sort of QC program to double check the maint once the aircraft returns to USA for revenue flights. As you also stated that there are numerous upon numerous times that mechanics in the states had to rework, redo, fix, or even just plain perform the jobs that they missed or completely did wrong. FOD was also a big problem when they returned from down there too. I am hoping the co. does pull out and bring that maint. back to the US where it belongs, even better if they would bring them in house, and nothing is stopping them from doing so, NOTHING...

I'm not sure of their QC program. I do know when I performed QC at Dee Howard in San Antonio for AWA that I would find sub par maintenance practices and their Inspectors would not do such a good job. I feel that our reps out in the field should do a better job overseeing the work being accomplished.We would have to rework a lot of items in house when aircraft came back.

Just an FYI. Southwest is very unhappy with the maintenance from El Salvador. They (the co.) is currently claiming that they want to pull out of El Salvador (all 4 lines). They also claim our scope language does not allow them to pull out with out our permission, NOT TRUE at all, they can pull out of El Salvador any time they want to, no permission is required. What they would need permission on is if they wanted to go somewhere else over seas for maintenance. As you stated above the co. also claims that all the maint. people have their A&P's, also NOT TRUE.
I hope any airline doing maint down there has some sort of QC program to double check the maint once the aircraft returns to USA for revenue flights. As you also stated that there are numerous upon numerous times that mechanics in the states had to rework, redo, fix, or even just plain perform the jobs that they missed or completely did wrong. FOD was also a big problem when they returned from down there too. I am hoping the co. does pull out and bring that maint. back to the US where it belongs, even better if they would bring them in house, and nothing is stopping them from doing so, NOTHING...
Well you know what they say.
Good_Fast_Cheap_Grapgic-750x799.jpg

Anyone know if we are going to get back the 14% of stock that the TWU took from us. Also I don't recall did the pilots or F/A take stocks from their members?

will this be another week of useless negotiations, where the company drags its feet and tries the old bait and switch?
its not real complicated the template is out there look at united and usuck airways. then try to do the right thing.

I know that if we don't get more articles TA'd that the union needs to send the company a wake up call! The holidays are right around the corner. I'm tired of us being treated like some red headed step child. Above the wing you get some respect, below the wing nothing!!!!

1.5 billion gross profit and 988 million net profit and we are about to get hosed AGAIN for the holidays, in fact we argue over 5 HOURS pay for the holidays. Pathetic simply pathetic I am truly motivated.

Anyone know if we are going to get back the 14% of stock that the TWU took from us. Also I don't recall did the pilots or F/A take stocks from their members?
NO, but then again the pilot and FA retirees didn't sue their respective unions. We have the A scalers, the ones that started the B scale.

I know that if we don't get more articles TA'd that the union needs to send the company a wake up call! The holidays are right around the corner. I'm tired of us being treated like some red headed step child. Above the wing you get some respect, below the wing nothing!!!!

It's worse then that, when we don't get get a contract this year, we won't get the new amount of sick days and vacation next year.

I'm not in a hurry because I have no faith that the TWU will get us more vacation unless the IBT gets it at UAL or Delta gives it their employees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts